Please no jury judging me, I need support....

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I quit smoking a week ago..I Never smoked thru any of my pregnancys nor been thru this.. 3 years ago when I was going thru a nasty nasty divorce I had started smoking ( I smoked when I was younger way before my 6 year old was born.. I have had a horrible time with cravings... I chew gum, suck on sugar free candy and I can't stop thinking about having a cig.. Any1 else going thru this that they are willing to share??? I am hoping since its been a week it'll start to get better.. PLEASE WORDS THOUGHTS PRAYERS ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 15th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There was a thread about this not too long ago. There is a few other smokers here I believe...

Good luck! We're all here for you! You can beat this nasty habit!

November 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
I quit 2.5 years ago and it took about 3 full weeks for the cravings to slow down .
Good Luck to you

November 15th, 2011, 05:20 PM
jenerik's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i quit with parker. started back up when he was 4 months, and have been off and off since. when i got my bfp this time, i quit again. this time was much easier. although i was only smoking a max of 5-6 a day this time and not a pack like i was when i got pregnant with parker.

stick to it. it does get easier. its mind over matter. take it one hour at a time

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my AH-mazing Siggy!

November 15th, 2011, 05:29 PM
TerriM's Avatar Super Mommy
Every day is easier than the day before! If you can do today then you can do tomorrow You got this!! First 2 weeks were toughest for me but you can do it for sure!

thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain. Good luck and T's and P's

November 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Super Mommy
The cravings will go away...Just don`t give in, cause if you give in your are back to square one.
I quite smoking the day I got pregnant with my oldest son who is now 9yrs old, I started back up the day I stopped breastfeeding. I again quite the day I got pregnanct with my daughter who is now 7yrs old. I had her in Jan.2004, breastfeed for about 2 months and started back smoking the day I stopped breastfeeding again. Then finally in July 2004 when she was 6 months I decided to quit for good...I have not had one since....
Keep at it...you can do it...
November 15th, 2011, 05:45 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you considered using an electronic cigarette with nicotine free cartridges? I sell them at work and the customers that buy them absolutely love them. It's like acutally smoking, but you're just inhaling a harmless vapor.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
November 15th, 2011, 06:50 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck hun! Just take it day at a time...that's all you can really do, and remember than any amount you cut down is better for baby (and you) then what you were doing before. You don't have to be perfect to make a positive impact.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
November 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can do it! I know it must be hard, but have faith in yourself

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

November 15th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in the same boat. I think about having a cigarette all day long. And I can't stop clenching my jaw. It would probably be easier if my DH would quit, but I don't see that happening. I have been smoking for 5 years so its really kicking my butt. And it is such a habit. (((Hugs))) I am here if you need to vent.
November 16th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Thank you all for such kind words and encouragment... I was a part of another board when I was prego with my son and I remember the board scoulding and judging the woman that were trying to cut back and quit.. You are all so awesome!! So glad I am not alone...
November 16th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Veteran
Have you tried hypnosis? its really effective for smoking cessation if you can find a hypnotist in your area.
November 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfiddleheads View Post
Have you considered using an electronic cigarette with nicotine free cartridges? I sell them at work and the customers that buy them absolutely love them. It's like acutally smoking, but you're just inhaling a harmless vapor.
I was thinking the same thing....have you tried these??

November 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GL! I have no advice really, but wanted to say that you can do it!!!
November 16th, 2011, 02:15 PM
LuvLuvmyfamily's Avatar Veteran
I have quit with all my pregnancies too, and after i had the mc in june the day i found out i had a smoke. I quit last week too and im having a much harder time this time. I even dream about smoking, or i'll light up in my dreams and feel so bad about it. its a crazy thing what it does to your body. I understand what you are going through and glad to know im not the only one! good luck hun! We can do this!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search