coke zero

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Super Mommy
I'm a big coke zero fan. Pre-preg I would have 5 cans a day. I think it has aspartame in it so now I guess I should avoid it?? With the other pregnancies I always changed to coke but I don't want the empty calories! What do you guys drink -regular or diet soda? Has anyone asked their OB directly about this subject? My first appt is Fri.

November 16th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a big fan of Diet Coke when I'm not pregnant. When I got my BFP I stopped drinking it and now drink a can of regular Coke if I'm craving something.
November 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh crap! I just popped a can of Coke Zero in my freezer right now! Are we not supposed to drink it? I always put Splenda or Equal in my iced tea too!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
November 16th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf4976 View Post
Oh crap! I just popped a can of Coke Zero in my freezer right now! Are we not supposed to drink it? I always put Splenda or Equal in my iced tea too!
I think artificial sweeteners are one of those "everything in moderation" things. I don't think you'll do any harm.
November 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
JSquaredMom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll confess...I'm a huge sweet n low fan. I don't do it a lot, but if I'm drinking tea, it's got some in it. I did it throughout my pregnancy with DS, and didn't seem to hurt him.

But I completely agree - everything in moderation...and everyone has their own approach to these things.

November 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
As I think I've said on this forum before, I'm on the 1776 diet (if it has an ingredient that didn't exist in 1776, I don't eat it) so basically all sodas have been out for me for a while.

But the topic of artificial sweeteners is an interesting one. Below is a great article from 2006 about how artificial sweeteners were discovered and whether they are safe. Pretty much all of them were discovered by accident in really crazy ways. Really a fun read!

The New Yorker Digital Edition : May 22, 2006

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

November 16th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Super Mommy
If you're going to drink soda, I'd drink regular. Even when you are not pregnant, diet soda is way worse for you than regular soda. Seriously, google it- it's disgusting and I don't even think it should be allowed to be sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amf4976 View Post
Those are all horrible for you, pregnant or not. I really would not consume them, especially when pregnant. I do my best to avoid them at all costs.

Artificial Sweeteners Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - Can everyone consume artificial sweeteners on MedicineNet

"There have been studies in rats that show when life span exposure to artificial sweeteners begins during fetal life, its carcinogenic effects are increased. The Danish National Birth Cohort is a study of 59,334 women conducted from 1996 to 2002. They found that daily intake of artificially sweetened soft drinks may increase preterm delivery."

There's a million other studies like this & the shadiness of the FDA of even allowing it in the first place.

November 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will drink a diet soda here and there while preg. The diet ginger ale helped with my morning sickness when I was pg with DD. I have had a few diet Sprites, I try to limit the intake of all sodas, etc when pg.
November 16th, 2011, 03:18 PM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa. View Post
There's a million other studies like this & the shadiness of the FDA of even allowing it in the first place.
Yeah, you sure can't count on the FDA to protect you. American consumers are really on their own. The ingredient in Sweet n Low is banned in other countries, including Canada. I think Canada is also banning BPA, but do you hear a peep out of the FDA? Nope. The FDA is controlled by industry.

TTC#2:
May-June 2013: Follistim + IUI = overstimulated, cycle cancelled
July 2013: Follistim + IUI = m/c at 4.5 weeks
August-Sept 2013: BCPs then IVF = freeze-all due to OHSS risk
October 2013: Natural cycle = BFN
November 6, 2013: Day 1 !!!!
November 24, 2013: Transferred one thawed euploid male embryo
November 29, 2013: BFP!
August 12, 2014: Cautiously hoping for this due date

November 16th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW View Post
Yeah, you sure can't count on the FDA to protect you. American consumers are really on their own. The ingredient in Sweet n Low is banned in other countries, including Canada. I think Canada is also banning BPA, but do you hear a peep out of the FDA? Nope. The FDA is controlled by industry.
It really is sad. Most people think because it's approved it's safe.

November 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
If I crave something with flavor I drink decaf iced tea, caffeine free herbal teas, or lemonade made from lemon juice concentrate. I sweeten them with stevia, an herbal, calorie free, sweetener. I also buy flavored stevia drops to put in water occasionally.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search