Day 39 of Survivor. Every day.

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Veteran
I'm so unbelievably hungry. I hope this doesn't last into the second trimester. I feel like I'm on day 39 of Survivor every day. For breakfast I had a banana with peanut butter and two yogourts. I had a banana and a fibre1 bar for snacks all before lunch. I went out for lunch and had a grilled veggie wrap and even treated myself to some wonderful duck fat potato wedges. That kept me full for about half an hour. By the time I was done the meal, had a little chat with a friend and got back to the office, I was starving again. Not hungry - absolutely starving. I'm so scared I'll balloon and put back all the weight I've worked so hard to get off, but I also know I have to be healthy.

Is this normal?

In the back of my mind, I'm starting to think about the three sets of twins that are in my family and wondering if possibly there's more than one baby in there stealing all my food.
November 16th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the subject of your post.

I'm a tad more hungry than usual, but nothing crazy.

I would just try to keep your food healthy, which it sounds like you are. That baby wants fuel to grow!
November 16th, 2011, 11:07 AM
JSquaredMom's Avatar Super Mommy
I wish!!

I LOVE the thought of food...but as soon as its in front of me, I just can't bring myself to eat it.

Fiber one bars right now are my enemy. I tried one on Monday, and I think my stomache swelled up to the size of a watermellon for what seemed like all day with all the air/gas it gave me!!! talk about painful.

I'd say just go with it. Until m/s hit, I was eating everything in sight. Not so much anymore. I think it's a balance.

You could also try to go for a walk to balance out some of the eating?

November 16th, 2011, 11:27 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me too! I had just lost 20 pounds shortly before getting my BFP and now all I do is EAT!!!! I eat so much that I actually refused to get on the scale at my prenatal appt last night b/c I don't want to see if I've gained most of it back. I'm always starving though. Like right now as I type...and I've eaten most of the morning. God...what can I go downstairs and scarf....

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
November 16th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Super Mommy
I was like that with my son till 14 weeks. It went away then came back with a vengeance around 25. I've been hungrier, but not ravenous with this one. I'm trying to be healthier though, so I've been snacking on a lot of fruits, nuts, and sunflower seeds.

November 16th, 2011, 06:18 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
I am TRYING so hard to not get into the mindset of eat eat eat just cause I am pregnant as I have read over and over how we really do not need that many more calories a day (especially if overweight like I am). So yeah we will see how it goes cause just as I read this my tummy started growling like crazy LOL
November 16th, 2011, 06:22 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't really been all that hungry. I was super hungry all day long the day I got my BFP and then was fine until today. Today I've been pretty hungry, but at the point I don't know if I'm just developing more symptoms or if it's a one time thing.

If it's any consolation I have symptoms come and go, so maybe some days will be better in others in terms of hunger.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
November 16th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been super hungry but then can't eat that much...

November 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Super Mommy
I have been so hungry lately...All I do is eat.. This morning I had my usual breakfast which is a coffee and 2 toast with peanut butter, then at about 11:00 I had an apple. Then I was off to the kids school where I do 1.5 hours of lunch supervision, and there I ate a cheese stick, and it was about time I get out of there cause I was so weak,,,IT felt like it does when I get low sugar levels...I had to eat a rice krispie square that I had for the kids. I got home and ate a bowl of soup and I just felt sooo weak....I also have been feeling a bit nausous,,,But if I eat something it goes away, so I have been feeling like all I do is eat,,,
November 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All I want to do is eat! Like non-stop. I'm already over weight, but if I don't eat small meals throughout the day I'm feeling sick. I don't remember being this hungry with any other pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search