I am a MESS right now .

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
Just got back from the worst U/S ever . I know I am super early ,but this B*#th would not even show me the screen . Who the he!! does that ?. I am crying on the table and all she can say is I'm sorry I am a quiet tech . If I didn't have a wand in my VAG I probly would have jumped up and left after punching her in the face . I am so pi$$ed right now . No picture ,not even able to see the sceen. She did say there was a very small sac and a very small baby . *** ? Why would she not show me ? I have a half hr drive home from the hospital and I bawled the whole way home . Still can't get a hold of DH . I did call the DR office to see if I can get another beta draw . She told me she will call right back after she called the hospital U/S dept. My nurse called back telling me everything looked good for how far along I was and we are going to schedule another U/S in 2 weeks or so . She is going to call back and let me know about getting another beta and possbly a dr appt with the DR . I have been pregnant 2 times before and both of them I had super early U/S and both times I was able to see the screen and had things pointed out to me . and both times I had a picture sent home . My first one I was only 4ks and 3 days and I still have the pictue of her tiny yolk sac . That was 12 years ago and I now dang well technology is so much BETTER .. I am just so freaked out by this .

As I am typing this my dr just called and I am getting another U/S on Monday the 21st in 5 days . Hopefully the next tech will show me something and our baby will have a HB /.

Please pray this baby sticks and GROWS ....

November 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
TerriM's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow no reason for that!!!! Do all your measurements but at least show the mom the screen! I don't blame you for being upset.
I will admit though I was glad to read the post. When I first saw the title I got scared

thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 16th, 2011, 12:06 PM
kittiann's Avatar Veteran
That is SO frustrating. With my first three pregnancies, I had hospital ultrasound techs as well, and I think they are just the least empathetic people that exist! They would never tell me anything and it was soo annoying. With my last pregnancy and this one as well, my doctor's office has an ultrasound in-house; and they have an ultrasound tech there that's just lovely.

I'm so sorry your experience was so bad. I can't believe she wouldn't even show you the screen! I'd call the hospital and complain, if I were you - no one who works in healthcare should just stand by while someone is crying while in their care.

Aisha Rosemary and Miriam Lily
are going to be big sisters!

November 16th, 2011, 12:23 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you had to go thru that.

I hope your next tech is much nicer. There is one thing for the tech to be quiet but not to show you the screen is just rude.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. I know the techs can't technically tell you anything, but you should be able to see the screen. It's your uterus with your baby! I'd be mad too. Hopefully the next u/s will be better.
November 16th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh how awful!! At least you are getting another one soon. Hopefully you'll be able to see this time! I had the same thing happen before at my 18 w U/S, where the tech was basically silent and didn't show me the screen at all and even kept telling me to sit still bc I kept trying to look. Meanwhile my SO and I were freaking out.

November 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That tech sounds like a real jerk! I cannot believe she didn't at least show you the screen. I would be upset too... it sounds like your doctor feels all is ok, that's good news!
November 16th, 2011, 01:47 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
Wow! I'd be pissed, too! I understand that they aren't supposed to say anything about what they see, but she should at least have let you see the screen. Bless your heart! Some people!

November 16th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Oh, sweet Michelle, I think the u/s tech was just a brat. I think your baby is just fine! Your beta levels are awesome, and the nurse said the results looked good. I'd still be pissed if I were you, but I really and truly don't think you have anything to worry about.

Here's a little sticky until your next u/s can ease your mind.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 16th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Veteran
WOW! I would be upset! Im glad your getting another one. Is it at the same place? If so I would see about requesting someone else!
November 16th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Due 7/12
I am so sorry to hear this! I guess I have a big mouth ( I say that but who knows how I really would've reacted in your situation) and would probably have flat out said "I'd like to see the screen" and if she said I cant show you then I would have asked why and demanded to speak with a doctor.

I work in healthcare and trust me you have to be your own advocate. There is no reason for her to have treated you that way especially when you were clearly upset. I am sure there is nothing to be worried about. I think they would have had to call the doctor or something if something seemed wrong.

I am keeping you in my T&Ps and please keep us posted!
November 16th, 2011, 02:07 PM
LuvLuvmyfamily's Avatar Veteran
so sorry you had to go through that! Glad you get to have another one monday. t&P are with you. Please kup!
November 16th, 2011, 02:31 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHoop86 View Post
I am sure there is nothing to be worried about. I think they would have had to call the doctor or something if something seemed wrong.
When I called the DR office ,that is exactly what my nurse said . She said if there was something wrong they would have called us and then she let me go so she could call and when she called back she said everything looked good .. So I am trying to stay positive and know that this is not in my hands that God is in control . Hard for a control freak like me to do
Thank you !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Oh, sweet Michelle, I think the u/s tech was just a brat. I think your baby is just fine! Your beta levels are awesome, and the nurse said the results looked good. I'd still be pissed if I were you, but I really and truly don't think you have anything to worry about.

Here's a little sticky until your next u/s can ease your mind.
Addriene , THANK YOU so much for your continued support . You are such a sweet friend and thank you as well for the sticky dust . 5 days seems like an eternity away Hope these days o QUICK .

Thank you LADIES for all your T's and P's and encouraging words . Your support means the world to me .

November 16th, 2011, 05:09 PM
THE angry uterus's Avatar TTC PINK
I'm hoping the u/s tech was just a beotch and that everything is fine! I know how hard it is and how much it sucks to have a crappy u/s. Hopefully you can request a different tech next time and maybe get a pic.
November 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I would be livid! I'm glad the drs office said things look good and I hope your next u/s actually shows you something!

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
November 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry you had to go through that! When I was pregnant with Kambree our u/s tech was horrilbe like that too. When I'd ask if things looked okay she answered "I can't comment on that." Okay now I know they can't give out specifics but she could have said something general like "Oh well your doctor has to look at it and he/she is the one to say if everything is alright but I don't think you need to worry" Something like that would have been great.
I complained about it later to my midwife b/c it caused so much anxiety. The u/s had been on a Saturday too, so we had to wait till Monday to call the office and have themtell us it was fine. My midwife later told me that some tech's are like that b/c they've been burned in the past by saying one thing and then the woman's doctor saying something else and the patient getting upset and saying "but the tech said..." and then them getting in trouble. So some because of that just flat out won't budge on anything at all. Which sucks. And causes so much anxiety.
But I'm with the other ladies...seeing the screen should be your right as it's your body they are scanning. Even without any explaining or detailing, she should have showed you that screen. Some people seem to be devoid of any personality. Glad your doc's office responded to you quickly and that you'll get another scan soon! Hopefully these next few days will fly by!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search