Prenatals

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 08:40 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do yours make you sick?

If I take mine in the morning, on an empty stomach, like this morning, I promptly vomit.

I usually take mine in the morning, after I eat breakfast. I won't throw up if I have something in my tummy, but they give me a sick to my stomach feeling.

December 1st, 2011, 09:44 AM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
I hate prenatals. I take two Flintstones vitamins instead, for some reason I do way better with those.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
December 1st, 2011, 09:49 AM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
I take mine at night after dinner or before I go to bed . That way I don't get sick from them .
I was taking them before I got pregnant and they didn't bother me at all ,but now they have an awful after taste.

December 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
I have been taking mine with or right after dinner each night and so far so good....I am a little queasy in the mornings and into the afternoon but so far no puking so keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
December 1st, 2011, 10:15 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I take this kind and they are easier to digest, plus have ginger to help relieve nausea. It used to be a big problem for me until I found these. I am so thankful for them, they have saved my life!

December 1st, 2011, 10:55 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
What kind of prenatal vitamins is everyone taking?

I take the Target brand that has 2 different vitamins in the box. I have been taking those since Jan when we starting TTC, but I'm thinking I would like to just take one. They also make me feel nauseous in the morning if I don't eat with them, but I'm not sure which pill makes me feel like that.

December 1st, 2011, 11:45 AM
I take mine at night because they make me sick and my ob when I was pregnant with DS said take them at night to avoid it.
December 1st, 2011, 11:49 AM
melissa_rae's Avatar Ready to be a Mommy.
I have been taking the Rite Aid Brand and I have to take them at night before I go to bed or I will be sick all day. But I didnt take them for a couple of nights because I was wondering if that was what was keeping me up at night. The nights I havent taken them I seem to fall right a to sleep. Im gonna take themt tonight and see if it happens again.
December 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM
f8hopelove's Avatar Veteran
I take mine at night as a pp said. These ones are smaller than the others I've taken before so they are easier to swallow. These don't seem to make me as sick as the others did.

I used to take two flintstones with my first pregnancy but my ob didn't like the high vitamin a, so he suggested I take just one a day. I feel better taking the prenatals though, I notice a difference in my energy level when I forget.

Thanks to Shortcake for my wonderful siggy!

December 1st, 2011, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I take mine at night. I have a prescription vitamin. Its actually free at Meijer here in the midwest. I think Walmart might do free prenatals too...
December 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im another flinstones girl!! and an extra dash of folic acid on top of it!!no more sickness!!!(for the most part)

December 1st, 2011, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, prenantals can make your stomach upset ( and cause vomiting) if taken on an empty stomach. Your best bet is to take them after dinner/before bed.
December 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Try iron free vitamins. Iron can cause nausea.

I take Vitamins: Alive® Multi-Vitamin (No-Iron Added) plus an extra 400 mcg Folic Acid (... and essential fatty acids & vitamin D)

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
December 1st, 2011, 06:00 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didnt take prenatals last time, and Im not this time either for the same reason as they make me sick. Instead I just make sure to eat healthy, and my doc says that's perfectly fine!

Thank you GraysMama for my siggy!

December 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am on OTC gummie prenatals. All the other ones make me sick, no matter what time of day I take them.
December 1st, 2011, 07:07 PM
I've heard that Iron can cause the nausea! It's weird, because I've been taking them for 2.5 years (since around the time I got pregnant with my daughter). With the pregnancy, my body has decided that it hates them!

I think I'll either try the gummies or go to a health food store for some additional options. I eat fairly healthy, and I do eat a lot of greens etc... for the folic acid. So I'm not too worried if I don't take them consistently. I might start taking them at night like some of you ladies.

December 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
although, interestingly i just learned last night that our bodies absorb folic acid better in synthetic form than it does from foods. For that reason im thinking of just taking a folic acid supplement.

Thank you GraysMama for my siggy!

December 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshah View Post
although, interestingly i just learned last night that our bodies absorb folic acid better in synthetic form than it does from foods. For that reason im thinking of just taking a folic acid supplement.
Oh, good to know. I may just stay on the ones I have, and just alter when I take them.

December 1st, 2011, 07:50 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
I take a gummi OTC one ATM. My OB wrote me a rx for some that I haven't gotten filled yet, but need to. They have DHA in them and I hated them with my last pregnancy. I had the worst heartburn and burped fish ALL the time because if them. YUCK. But, they are good for you, so I do need to try and take them. Sigh.

December 2nd, 2011, 03:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My Ob put some in the bag earlier this week, but they smell in the package! Lol.
I need to pick up some flinestones doc said she liked the one with Dha. We shall see.

I couldn't take anything with dd. she's fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search