MS!! Advice?!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Treece's Avatar Knocked Up!
Man... now I'm waking up in the middle of the night sick. Yesterday was rough, I was sick most of the day. I had a whole dinner planned and I started to cook and got sick again. Thankfully BF is amazing and cooked the whole thing as I went to lay down. It went away and 11pm hit me until 2am. I could barely move - I try different things, but at that moment I just don't feel like eating/drinking anything.

...AND BRUSHING MY TEETH MAKES ME GAG EVERYDAY. The last 2 pregnancies my gums bled when I brushed my teeth, never gagged. I gag so bad I vomit now..

What are you guys doing for MS?

December 1st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Salty food was the only thing that helped me... and not a lot of it. There was another post that said lemonheads, and ginger is supposed to help too but I'm not a fan. If you're taking your vitamin during the day, switch to taking it before you go to bed. My vitamin makes me sick.
December 1st, 2011, 02:27 PM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i couldnt take the vits ( they made me and still do make me sick, so now im on flinstones ( yes the ones for kids and an extra dose of folic acid ( as per my request of my doc) and im much less sick now, i only dry heave ( sorry TMI) but feel better everyday, and i keep some pretzels on my bedside so when i get up in the middle of the night to pee or to help my daughter then i just munch away ( my dentist may not like it, but he can shove it!!!!)

for the teeth brushing is it just when you brush your tongue or all of it?? if its all of it, try a diffferent tasting toothpaste! i cant use what i normally do but the colgate one with baking soda and i are friends now~!!!

hope that helps

December 1st, 2011, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My nurse suggested B6 (25 mg ) three times a day or to drink Vitamin water since it is packed with B6. Also ginger ale (or anything with ginger ) will help. Snack a bit and keep some crackers (in my case, goldfish) by your bed to help. Make sure you take your prenatal after you have food in your stomach.
December 1st, 2011, 07:04 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eat before you get hungry, that's the only thing that ever worked for me. Well, that and prescription anti-nausea meds. My last one I was so sick I lost 13 lbs in 4 weeks. And I couldnt afford to lose any of it. Lasted from week 7 through 15. I swear all I did was lay on the couch for 8 weeks. If I turned my head I'd vomit. Im starting to get more and more now, at 5 weeks, so Im getting really nervous! How will I be that sick AND run after a 15 month old?

Thank you GraysMama for my siggy!

December 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take half a unisom and about 25 g of B6 at night. Works like a charm for me! If you google it you'll find a ton of info about it....

December 1st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to say lemon heads are doing it for me. I really wish I would of known this when I was pregnant with Harleigh. When we were expecting Harleigh, I had to chance my toothpaste, not once, but 3 times till I found on that didn't make me puke.
I hope you feel better soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search