when are you telling everyone?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have told our parents and each of us told our best friend, but no one else knows and it is KILLING me. I had my first U/S today and I am measuring 7 weeks 2 days and the heartbeat was really strong at 142 per minute! It is so hard to think of waiting until I am 12 weeks to tell anyone else. anyone just spilling the beans anyways, even though it is early?
December 1st, 2011, 06:29 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
We have already told everyone I couldn't help it once I seen the HB and was measuring a day ahead .. We told all our family on Thanksgiving and everyone else this week

December 1st, 2011, 06:34 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have already told everyone. I am horrible at keeping secrets and this is not one I wanted to hold in!
December 1st, 2011, 08:51 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have told my mom and some people at church. I will tell people at work sometime after I have my ultrasound Monday. Normally I am terrible at keeping being pregnant a secret but I haven't had as much trouble this time. Only reason we told people is because dh accidently let it slip in front of one of the kids. Once they know the secret is out, lol!
December 1st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Super Mommy
I have told my Aunt, and 3 friends. We plan on telling my parents next week cause they will be in town, so I do not want to have to have them go back and then call 3 weeks later on the phone and tell them. My husbands parents and the rest of the world will find out after we have our first ultrasound screening done on Jan 3rd. I will be 13 weeks
December 1st, 2011, 09:15 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have told a few people. Almost my entire family knows. (Not that there is a lot of them to tell anyway...) But his parents have been in Vegas visiting my husband's brother for the past month, so I wanted to wait to tell them in person. This will be both my hubby and I's first baby, so it's special. I bought tshirts to wear tomorrow and a card that says Santa is working on an extra special present this year....

They should be home tomorrow and I am DYING to tell them.
December 1st, 2011, 09:47 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've told everyone. I wasn't planning on telling, until after Christmas, but now everyone knows (it's a long and complicated story . I haven't even been to the doctor yet!!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I might need to start telling soon...I just realized today at the end of the work day, I couldn't drive home with my pants buttoned or zipped... it happened overnight... I was just saying yesterday I wasn't showing and still in regular pants... So much for that today!

We will likely tell my dad tomorrow and DH's parents next weekend. My mom already knows and has been good at keeping the secret, but she apparently almost flubbed at dinner with my dad tonight, but caught herself.
December 2nd, 2011, 02:00 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I told all of my family by Nov 23rd after seeing the heartbeat
@6 wks when originally I was going to wait til Jan when i would
start the 2nd trimester. Told my dad around Thanksgiving or
the day after. But I am not Facebooking this info til late 2nd
tri mester til l know the sex of my baby..........when I do this,
my friends will all know. Thinking sticky thoughts for all of us.
December 2nd, 2011, 02:39 AM
faygeo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to faygeo
the only people that know are my co-workers, due to my type of work because of not being able to lift and my kids' dr, dd spilled the beans to him when she was there and said that mommy couldn't lift her because she had a baby in her belly...

everyone else, dh wants to wait until either we find out what we are having or until someone guesses...

December 2nd, 2011, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i think I may start telling people in a couple of weeks, closer to christmas. I was thinking it would be fun to put it in the christmas card.
December 2nd, 2011, 07:26 AM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
We only told close people & family the first week of our positive back in November. But this week I finally told everyone on FB since there is no way around hiding my belly and running into fellow wives on the OB floor at the hospital during sick call hours
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

December 2nd, 2011, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
our parents know and a few friends but that is it. Probably won't spill the beans until Jan or Feb.
December 2nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
We may tell the grandparents at Christmas but really I would prefer to wait until I am at least starting the second trimester. I'll tell people at work when I have to.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
December 2nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
All of our family and some close friends know. I wanted to wait until 12 weeks but I know that's not going to happen. I will probably start telling people after I KNOW everything is OK after the u/s on the 14th, maybe Facebook it around Christmas. I just really need to see that heartbeat first!

December 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
Praying for a STICKY baby
We only told my parents and my brothers (bc they were bugging me one night that I wasn't drinking) until this week. We decided since we got the 2nd u/s and things were progressing we could tell family and close friends. I'm gonna tell my boss today (Wish me luck!) and we asked everyone to keep it off facebook for now. The day after Christmas I'll be 13 weeks so I will prob post something then...thinking of posting a picture of a preggo jar and under it saying look what Santa brought us...too bad we can't open it up until July! Something along those lines....got some time to think about it more...

December 2nd, 2011, 10:05 AM
LuvLuvmyfamily's Avatar Veteran
My mom knows and a couple close friends of ours but thats it for now. We will tell my husbands parents on new years when they come to celebrate with us. It will just give us all one more thing to celebrate We will tell the rest of the world in Jan when I start my second trimester.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search