Pragnancies Different?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 07:10 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you've had multiple (or this marks your multiple) pregnancies, how have they been different each time? Did you notice any significant differences gender-wise? Any differences with the same gender?

Thank you GraysMama for my siggy!

December 1st, 2011, 07:58 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
This is my second pregnancy. Overall, this pregnancy feels very similar to my last pregnancy. The only real difference has been my cravings. With my daughter, I craved sugar like crazy. Peanut butter, apple juice, honey, ice cream, cookies, etc. With this one, I am craving more savory and salty food. Pickles, popcorn, everything with lots of salt, salty meats, etc.

December 1st, 2011, 08:29 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine are pretty much the same. This is #2 for me and so far I haven't noticed any real differences. Maybe a little more energy this go around. Not really symptom related, but I do feel a lot more connected with this baby than I did while I was pregnant with my son.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All of my pregnancies have been different from each other. The only notice between genders was I got more migraines with my son.
December 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I still haven't reached the point when I found out I was pregnant with my DS. I think I have more energy this time though, I remember sleeping a lot more the first time, but maybe that's because I didn't have a kid and I COULD sleep more!!

December 2nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only real difference I think I notice is that I seem to have more food aversions with the girls and I know with my last pregnancy my face was breaking out like crazy. I think I had breakouts, at least one zit the entire pregnancy with Beth. So far Im not having any real food aversions, but it could be early still. My face is ok but my hair is soooooo oily and it seems like I had that with my other boy pregnancies.
December 2nd, 2011, 09:20 AM
MissMeliss0522's Avatar Super Mommy
This is pregnancy number for 4 me. I have 3 girls. This pregnancy so far is completely different, like night and day different. With my girls, I broke out with acne, not a lot but enough to be a pain. My hair just didn't look nice, I was throwing up quite frequently. My cravings were different with each, although a common denominator was sweets. This go around, My hair and skin is lovely, i hardly have to shave my legs (very nice!) I am more tired and exhausted. And while I have MS, it comes and goes in waves and I haven't thrown up! Hmmm is this a boy!?
December 2nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine have been pretty similar, except I was a lot sicker with my 1st, and had some bad migraines with my 1st 2, and not the 3rd and 4th but I did get a lot of regular headaches in the 2nd tri with my 2nd-4th.

And with this pregnancy I've also been quite a bit more nauseous...that's the main difference so far.

December 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Well_Okay's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my 3rd and the worst MS yet. Still I've never thrown up but it doesn't stop me from being sick all day. With DS I was only sick in the morning with DD I was just queasy all day this one I'm exhausted and repulsed by all my favorite foods. Pregnancy is an adventure
December 2nd, 2011, 01:48 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
This is also my third pregnancy, and it is definitely filled with WAY more symptoms. My sciatic is already acting up, and the MS is pretty constant. I am guessing it's because it's twins this time around.
December 2nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Interesting about the acne stuff - see my last one was a boy and i had acne like crazy. I heard its from increased testosterone, and a girl gives u clear skin and nice hair. im having less acne this time around and a bit stronger ms, so im thinking girl. i did notice with ds that i didnt have to shave my legs at all the 2nd and 3rd tris, but my armpits and face grew dark, thick hair sooo bad!!! lol. i was a nightmare with ds. bad acne, pregnancy mask, and thick, dark face and armpit hair (tmi?). HAHA!!

December 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel like this one is a girl, just like with Harleigh. The major difference is that I am not puking every 5 minutes!
December 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
LindsayGriff
This is my 2nd. I have basically the same symptoms. My face breaks out, that was the one sign that made me suspicious to test. Last time I felt a little more queezy in the morning that would go away with just a little apple juice when I woke up. This time I just don't feel hungry in the morning and usually go until like 11 or 12 before I eat and then things that I use to eat on a regular basis just don't sound good to me anymore but if needed I can still eat them and wont get sick, they just dont sound appealing to me.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
December 4th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All the wives tales signs point to a girl for me...<<<trying hard not to grin))
Craving sweets- and i do not ever eat them-, and don't wanna eat any meats, or seafood, which is usually all i eat....
Plus im queasy all day, never had it with C.
And keep breaking out, even though i've never had acne, or pimples even as a teeenager.
December 4th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Super Mommy
This is my fourth and I have not noticied any differences between gender, my first was a boy and the only thing I had was really sore boobs at the beginning. My second was a girl, and I experienced nothing throught the whole pregnancy. My third was a girl as well and I was more tired and with this one I have had nausea( without actually getting sick.) and also a bit more tired.
I had extremely bad heartburn with every pregnancy from the beginning, cause I suffer from it without being pregnant so it is worst during pregnancy.
And the old wives tale about if you have lots of heartburn your baby will have lots of hair.I am living proof that it is not true...hahahahha All my babies barely had any hair and it takes alot time for it to come in,....
December 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM
lol Starr33. I was so excited about the heartburn = hair wivestale. I had it sooo bad with ds, and during labor I reached my finger inside to see how far he was (i had a water birth) and was sooooo upset when I barely felt any hair at all! lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search