Trying to get pregnant after years of birth control...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM
I started taking birth control at a very young age. I started because I would get cramps very, very bad and finally my mom took me to the doctor and they recommended birth control. I've been on Yazmin and Ocella. 6 years down the road my husband and I are now ready to start a family. It's been a year now since I went off of birth control. My body seems to have regulated itself, but I'm still not pregnant. Any suggestions or can anyone relate?
December 1st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Super Mommy
Do you have a regular cycle. Do you know when you ovulate( meaning do your have ovulations pain, or can you notice a chance in your cervial mucous).
I had been taking the birth control for 10 years. I stopped about 4 months before we wanted to start trying, began taking Foic acid 3 months before and on the frist month it worked for us, so I cannot relate to it. Probably nothing to do with long periods on the birth control.
Have you talked to your Dr.
December 1st, 2011, 09:24 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Start charting and temping and read 'Taking charge of your fertility.'

December 2nd, 2011, 05:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If it has been over a year it can't hurt to talk to your doc and maybe have some tests done to see what's up... Charting and temperature taking are good too, but if you have been actively trying for a year and still no baby, I would consult your...

I really hop you get you BFP soon!
December 2nd, 2011, 05:43 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had been on BCP for 4 years (and off and on before that) before TTC and I started charting right away so I would know if my cycles would go back to normal on their own. I found it a really helpful tool and got to know and understand my cycle better than ever.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 2nd, 2011, 05:51 AM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
You should probably talk to your doctor. I have never taken bc for extended periods of time and I do not know anything about the effects on fertility. Have you visited the TTC board?

December 2nd, 2011, 06:14 AM
Veteran
I understand how you feel.. You are ready and now its not happening. This happened to me with DD1. I was on birth control for the same and after a year I was sad and frustrated. I talked to my ob/gyn and she kinda brushed me off . so I found an RE who started taking action right away. I was pregnant a month and half after I started seeing her. I would recommend seeing a Dr. And if your Ob/gyn wont do anything then go to an RE. If its been over a year then they should help you! Good Luck!!!
December 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I was on BC for about 10 years before getting pregnant (on BC) with my DS. Then I had the Mirena in for 2 years after my son. I took me 10 months to get pregnant. You might want to check out the TTC board, there is a amazing group of women in there that can help you and answer all kinds of questions.
Once you figure out your body, cycle and if you are ovulating, its just a matter of catching the egg.
Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search