Soo.. anyone doing anything cute to share the baby news for Christmas?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 03:53 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I know a lot of us might be sharing the baby news this holiday season. So has anyone come up with a cute way of doing it? Care to share the fun ideas you've all come up with so far? Better yet, are you going to video it so we can all see the moment they figure it out? Don't worry, I'm not going to steal your ideas, DH and I came up with our idea last week We're going to let the dog tell them We're going to have a custom made T-shirt made for the dog with a picture of baby footprints on it saying, "The pitter-patter of little feet... Coming July, 2012!"

So, let's hear it ladies!

December 2nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are going to have DD wear a big sister as we get off the plane and pray that the IL's don't post anything on facebook.

For my family, I am wrapping a gift for my mom and dad to open together in front of family. If I can swing it! I'm going to take a picture of DD wearing her "big sister" shirt and put in a frame that says "I love my grandkids" or "grandkids are special" I can't remember what the frame says...but I hope between the shirt and the plural for grandkids they'll get it! DD is the only grandkid so yeah. AND, I think it will be really special if they can open it together because they are divorced and I hate calling one first, then the other. It'd be great to "tell them" at the same time.

December 2nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's cute! I think we are going to do a big brother shirt.
December 2nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Veteran
We are making our annual family calendars that we give the grandparents with the month of July being a picture of each girl with their name and birthdate and then the sono pic of the new baby.

Last edited by cjthomps26; December 2nd, 2011 at 06:56 PM.
December 2nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We aren't telling people just yet. Probably after the holidays.
December 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
We wanted to wait a bit longer, like around week 12 or after, but... it seems my body isn't going to let us keep it secret that long My bbs have already gone up a cup size and I think they're going to start wondering soon and we don't want them to figure it out before we can tell them. We want it to be a complete surprise to them

December 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Way cute ideas ladies!!! We are putting this poem in a frame wrapping it up putting it under the tree. Here is the poem. I'm unsure who is the author. But it's cute.

I do not have a face to see
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
I don't yet have a name.

Not yet can you hold my tiny hands
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song
Or cuddle me so near.

But all that will change come this July
When they say I am due.
I am your newest grandchild;
And I can't wait until I meet you!

All I ask between now and then*
Is your love for me to grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait
Because of all the love we'll know!

So as you're waiting patiently
Please pray a lot for me.
I cannot wait to be a part*
Of this great family!*
December 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
We are going to have older DD show her little sister's ornament she got this year (a middle child ornament!) and see if they connect the dots
December 3rd, 2011, 08:27 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is what we have gotten done for my Sil and Bil they live in aussie and are due in february and the 1st one is the us of our daughter and then once we get our us on the 14th it will take the place of the question marks for the rest of the family!!!!!

December 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the ideas!We might do a Big Brother shirt , to announce to friends, the grandparents already know. We might have to do 2 shirts, half the friends/family don't speak english..lol
December 4th, 2011, 01:03 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I bought my mum this massive tall frame, on it, it has written, "Happiness is... having grandkids to love". It has 4 photos up the top, then says Happiness is.. then 2 pics in the middle then Grandkids to love and to love then 4 more down the bottom. So I thought I'd feel the frame with family photos and in the middle I will have a photo of the ultrasound or something and see how long it takes for her to work it out

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search