Best Maternity Pants?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only bought Motherhood maternity pants last go-round, and I detest the jeans. The band is made of a lightweight stretchy nylon-type material that just doesnt hold the weight of the jeans up. they were so so so so uncomfortable after wearing a couple of times. Any of you have good recommendations to some good maternity jeans that stay in place? I do not want to go through the whole sagging crotch thing again!

Thank you GraysMama for my siggy!

December 2nd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A pea in the pod! They have all kinds of different styles, including ones called 'early and after' that have a half way belly panel that's heavier than the secret fit belly that you're talking about.... Although I have a pair with that thin fabric and they stay up fine, so maybe it was just that particular style. I find that theres a big difference between styles. So far my favorite are the Mavi jeans from a pea in the pod. They stay up and are super comfy!! Other than that I like the fold over yoga pants that you can get almost anywhere, and they don't really need to be maternity.

December 2nd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Veteran
I really like gap maternity. I am not a big fan of the panel. I like the real waist ones. I usually try to buy when I get a 40%off coupon.
December 2nd, 2011, 08:05 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
Oh I really loved Motherhood jeans so I wouldn't be much help for you I think Khols had a nice selection and the prices are decent.

December 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry I can't provide any help since this is my first pregnancy, but I do plan on checking out Old Navy and Thyme for maternity jeans. Right now it's taking quite a bit of will power to not go out to an Old Navy and check out the maternity section.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 3rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks!!! I'll check all those out! And why the heck did I never get yoga pants?! Am I NUTSO?! lol!

Thank you GraysMama for my siggy!

December 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I feel the same way about the Motherhood maternity jeans! I hate saggy butt/crotch. I loved the work/dress pants from there though. I had a couple of pairs of jeans from Kohls that were really comfy, and one from Old Navy that was decent too. For home I stick with yoga and fleece pants though!

December 3rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I live in yoga pants and sweats when I am pregnant. And when summer rolls around I wear gauchos or basketball shorts. I have never found a pair of maternity pants to fit me correctly. I am always pulling them up and they are always baggy everywhere. I gave in a few weeks ago and made my own, and they are alright, but not something I would wear all the time. Next time I make them I may use a different fabric because I used an old shirt.
December 4th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshah View Post
Thanks!!! I'll check all those out! And why the heck did I never get yoga pants?! Am I NUTSO?! lol!
Yeah they are really comfortable! They sell basically the same thing in the maternity section so I figured I might as well just buy them elsewhere for less money. I LOVE the Express yoga pants, mainly because they are not super thin and they don't get all pilly in the crotch area. They have buy one get one half off a lot, plus you can usually find a coupon on top of that. They email and mail them to me all the time...

December 5th, 2011, 09:04 AM
threegstyle+1's Avatar Veteran
Check out JC Penny also. I bought some maternity jeans there and they were great (I'm plus sized so some of the other companies won't work, but it did hold up the belly!)
December 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will DITTO the yoga pants. I lived in those suckers my last pregnancy!
December 8th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Try Funmum maternity jeans at a website called Just Maternity Jeans the grey belly band is really taught but without being tight so kind of supportive as well as holding the jeans up. They are also really low at the front which stops any digging into my bump. I looked everywhere for good jeans so am really pleased with these!
December 8th, 2011, 07:43 AM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also can't stand the motherhood maternity jeans...I did however fall in love with the Old Navy maternity jeans this last go! Super comfy and non of that low lying crotch problem I found with MM jeans.

December 8th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Veteran
I LOVE my old navy maternity jeans.
December 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
LuvLuvmyfamily's Avatar Veteran
I have been sqeezing into my regular jeans and today was the first day i pulled out a pair of my prego jeans and omg I'm in heaven so much more comfortable! I believe I bought these at target last pregnancy and I loved them then and are lovin them now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search