Have you started thinking about your birth?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2011, 08:04 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ladies please be respectful of everyone's responses and please don't turn this into a debate!

I know we are all still pretty early but has anyone (other then me) started thinking about their birth plan? What are you leaning towards? How come? Have you researched your decision?

***ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT A DEBATE, PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL**
December 3rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Super Mommy
Well, I am going to have a repeat C-section. My first 2 were vaginal births, with epidural ( I am not superwoman and have no tolerance for pain...LOL) After pushing for 3 hours for both births they would not come out, so with my first they used forceps....Awful...His face was blue for 3 days after. My daughter after 3 hours they used the vaccum and all was good.
My third I hd placenta previa and needed to have a c-section, so this time I opted not to attempt a VBAC...To scared of my uterus rupturing.
December 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
Special_K's Avatar Veteran
I am hoping mine doesn't come too soon and that's as far as I have gotten! My last birth experience was horrible and I'd rather not think the worse is going to happen again. I know I am going to do everything in my power to keep this one in as long as possible

December 4th, 2011, 12:11 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I'm hoping for a VBA2C completely natural, maybe even a home birth in water.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

December 4th, 2011, 03:51 AM
faygeo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to faygeo
my other 3 were natural. i have had short labors. my longests was 5 1/2 hours with my oldest and a little over an hour with my youngest. I am hoping that this one follows suit and is a short labor and i am able to have a natural birth again. with that being said, if labor this with this one turns out to be longer or harder than my previous ones, i am not above asking for the epidural.

December 4th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been thinking about it. Idk where this baby will be born. I'm torn. This will be our last baby. I would really like to go to the birth center, but don't want to burn bridges with my obgyn. I know my Ob is a lot like my last one from what I've heard. I would really like a water birth and freedom to labor my way. I just don't see that happening in the hospital. However with my losses the birth center doesn't have ultrasound technology. And that worries me. Plus, a few things from dds birh have me leaning towards hospital. I just don't know....I would like an all natural no drugs birth with no stupid nurses hovering over me telling me how I can or can't labor. (I so baddy just wanted to like squat in the toilet bc of my back labor. The nurse refused to let me labor any way but my back and things were already going downhill and almost lost dd)

December 4th, 2011, 04:48 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I'll be trying for a water birth at the hospital. I have had two inductions due to pre-eclampsia, and had epidurals with those. One was great. One was not so great. With my last one, I was hoping for a water birth. But with my history of pre-eclampsia, and one elivated BP reading, the OB backing my midwife would not give approval. Thankfully my Midwife has found a better OB to back her up and I know I will have my best shot at a water birth this time around. I'm really looking forward to it! I know I wanted to climb in the tub so bad last time right when my water broke.

So far, I have had average to fast labors. I'm hoping this one is similar.

December 4th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw your post on FB about hypnobabies (and Bradley).. jumped out at me, because I'm considering one of the above and trying to research both right now. So yes, I've thought about my birth. I've actually thought about it long before I was pregnant... a few years ago, when I attended my best friends home/water birth.

I'm having a homebirth I completely love the midwife I chose (along with her assistant) and I'm actually super excited about the whole thing.
December 4th, 2011, 05:59 AM
TerriM's Avatar Super Mommy
Another C section for me. I'm just hoping that the Dr I find will be open to at least helping it be the best experience possible. I like to bring in a mirror, walk to the OR and ease insert the catheter after I'm numb. Seems like small demands but some hospitals are so malpractice minded that they almost take you out of the process entirely. My last birth was the best experience in that regard. Hoping for something similar.

thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 4th, 2011, 06:15 AM
MissMeliss0522's Avatar Super Mommy
Im not entirely sure yet, I have thought about it somewhat, however, we may be moving 1400 miles and I just might have to change Midwives etc. What I do know, is I want it to be natural. I had an epidural once before, but I couldn't feel myself pushing. So i probably won't opt for that again.
December 4th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a little. I HOPE to not do the dang epidural again. It didn't work with Oliver and it HURTS to put it in. Plus it hurts for quite a while afterwards sometimes months. (Sometimes it doens't hurt at all like with DD#1 and works great!) Laboring in a tub would be awesome, but I don't mind being restricted to bed (I don't think I want to be walking around in labor) I find refuge in bed when I'm sick and when I have migraines, so for ME it only seems natural for when I'm not feeling well and am in a lot of pain to be where I feel comfortable.

Mostly though, I just want to make it to the hospital before the baby comes and I hope NOT to hemmorhage or bleed excessively.
December 4th, 2011, 06:46 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I'm totally ok with getting an epidural again Healthy baby and minimal pain is all I ask for lol

December 4th, 2011, 06:49 AM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
I had an epidural with my first and NCB with my second. My plan is to go natural again. My hospital is great about letting you do whatever you want and their new birth center should be open before July. Last time I barely made it to the hospital so this time I may head over a little sooner, lol.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
December 4th, 2011, 07:19 AM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really torn as well. With my first, I did everything humanly possible for a natural birth. I had an awesome midwife, I was in fantastic shape, I had every postion available to me (very natural friendly hospital with whirlpools, balls, stools....everything). I labored for 14 hours after water broek, pushed hard for 4 of those. It was excruciating. Emmett was stuck multiple times. They finally had to administer pitocin after he stopped progressing. My midwife called for multiple obs to consult. They all said had I been anywhere else, I would have been c sectioned hours before. I had been at a 10 for a while when we finally decided to do an epidural as prep for c section. But they agreed to old off for a bit. Emmett finally worked his way down. The damage to my body was bad though...multiple prolapses. So this time around, I am just really worried to do it again. Everyone said the memory if pain would fade but it didnt at all! In retrospect, I think a c section might have been best for me and I certainly would have healed faster (took me 6 months). So perhaps I have swung from all natural to not take heroic measures to avoid c section now, haha.

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

December 4th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
I was induced with my son since there was growth restriction in the womb and I would like for labor to progress naturally this time, no induction. I will be in the hospital and I will probably have the epidural.

December 4th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Veteran
I am planning for another homebirth.
dd1 was a no intervention, birth center with a midwife who I still see for my regular gyn care.
dd2 was a hombirth and we had a wonderful experience.
dc3 we are hoping for another great experience.

I do tend to have a small bleed when the placenta detaches so I am hoping that again it will be managable and a minor thing.

December 4th, 2011, 08:48 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my only thing again is DO NOT TEAR! or else ill have to go for surgery as im Deathly allergic to the numbing stuff for stitches and such ( boo urns) id like to go all natural again and just hope i dont have that long of back labor again ( i dont think my SO thumb can handle it again)

December 4th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We were going to do a home birth but I think we may use the birthing center... I plan on a natural birth with my midwife... My last birth was great... Hoping for a water birth...
December 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I would like to have a natural birth at the hospital. With my first, I had an epidural, with my second, I tried to get an epi, but he was ready to come out when I got there and it was just too late for it to work. This time I plan to avoid the epi if possible. My only must is to get to the hospital early. Last time, I barely made it, and my son had so many complications at birth. He had down syndrome, congenital heart defects, and pulmonary hypertension, and these required immediate interventions. Just want to deliver a healthy baby with medical professionals close by and I'll be happy.
December 4th, 2011, 10:54 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My goal is always a 100% natual childbirth. Only once has that happened. Last baby was a c section. I am pretty sure this one will be too. I am less than two years in between, end up with complications, and because this is my 5th baby they says it's not a great scenario for a vaginal birth :/

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search