Appt today, worried :(

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First we were trying to prevent so we were using condoms when I should have been ovulating and we used them extra days to be safe, so I was very surprised to be pregnant. There was one time when dh was going to use on like the week my af was due and I told him we didn't need it, af was due that week, we should have been safe. So we figure that was when we conceived. I should have ovulated around the 13th to 16th of Oct and that was around the 22nd 23rd. I tested later that week because af was late and got neg and I tested a day or two after af was due and got another bfn. I got my BFP early on Nov 1st and it was light but clearly pink, so to me that also indicates late ovulation. Saw doc on the 15th of nov for confirmation which was only a pg test and was bfp. So today I go for my ultrasound and first appt. and right away i knew it wasn't right. Based on my period I should be 9 weeks and 3 or 4 days, she said I was not 9 weeks. she had me empty my bladder and did a vaginal ultrasound and we saw a gestational sac and I think she said yolk sack. Baby is measuring 6weeks 1 day and we didn't see a heartbeat. Baby is implanted in the right spot, cervix is closed and she saw a small subchorianic bleed. I wouldn't be worried but based on when I got my bfp, I think I should be 7-8 weeks, which is bad. If I am actually 6 weeks I think we're in good shape. I just don't know what to think. I feel kinda numb. I don't know what to think... Doc said I may just be earlier than I thought and that this happens pretty often. I go back next Tuesday for another ultrasound. I went ahead and had my pap and exam today since it was time anyway. I don't want to have to go back just for that later. I trying so hard to be ok but I'm so scared. I don't want to go through another loss. I'm praying so hard that our baby is ok.
December 5th, 2011, 12:32 PM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well I dont know much about all that stuff. I just wanted to say T's & P's and good luck..I hope it all turns out ok

December 5th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
I am hoping everything is alright and your dates are just off. It is quite possible you ovulated a bit later than expected. Stay positive and try not to fret; I know that is easier said than done. *hugs*

December 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know this sounds out there.... but....

A bunch of girls in one of my PR's tested with first response and dollar store when they were ovulating and it showed a pink positive. Did you test again after the first BFP? I wonder if it's possible you ovulated on the 1st...making the ultrasound correct and you being 6 weeks?

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

December 5th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I have tested several times. I first tested positive with Answer brand because our walmart was out of first response. Then I made a trip to target for first response and I was a little concerned because I expected teh line to be darker on those. So a week or so later I bought another pack and got test lines darker than the control line. That was probably 2 or 3 weeks after I first tested positive, I'm not sure.

I remembered something and I feel a tiny bit better. I remembered the tech was asking me if she was hurting me because she was having a hard time measuring because my uterus was tilted forward. I have never been told that before but, I remember others saying something about that before so I of course googled and found that it does make it harder to see baby on ultrasound and there have been times when women were diagnosed with blighted ovum and measureing a couple weeks behind only to have a healthy baby. I sooooo hope this is what is going on.
December 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM
THE angry uterus's Avatar TTC PINK
I have a tilted uterus and I initially was measuring a week behind. Plus the ultrasounds can be off by like a week. Good luck, I hoe everything is fine!
December 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
T&P! I hope everything is okay and your next u/s puts your mind at ease.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 5th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything's ok! How would a titled uterus make measuring different? I think I have one...

December 5th, 2011, 07:00 PM
What i read said it makes it harder to measure the baby in early pregnancy, not sure why exactly. I think its harder for the ultrasound waves to reach the baby or something. As the baby gets bigger and the uterus grows, its easier to get measurements. At least that is what I understand from what I've read. This is my 11th pregnancy and I've carried 10 babies to term and had some large babies. I'm know my uterus has dropped some, one of my ob's had told me that a couple years ago. Nothing to worry about at that point, but I wonder if that is coming into play at all now.
December 5th, 2011, 07:02 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope all is okay, it sounds like it might be the tilted uterus...
December 5th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tammy I am so sorry you are going through this. You'll be in my T&P.
December 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Veteran
I hope everything is ok..Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Did they check your HCG levels?
December 5th, 2011, 09:18 PM
No, originally I was going to have the ultrasound, see the nurse to go over my history and labs and then see the doc. I saw the doc after the u/s and then left. I don't know if he thought I had seen the nurse. I forgot and then remembered and thought they didn't do it since we didn't know how things were going to turn out. But she called me and left a message. I returned the call and she asked me some questions about my history from forms I filled out. I told her about the u/s and she said we would wait until next week and get a better idea of what all we need to draw.
December 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
Sorry that you are going through this. I really hope the tilted uterus ends up being the culprit. (HUGS)

December 6th, 2011, 07:11 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Big sweetie please keep us posted, I'll be thinking of you and bean

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search