OT vent (mil)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My MIL and I get along for most part, arent best of friends but I can communicate better than my ex MIL..anyways, that woman finds a way to annoy me, say little things that set me off and makes sure my husband doesnt hear. It drives me insane. Also not to mention doubting my ability to care for children. Hmmm my 2 yr old was sick 2 weeks ago and she says shes been a mother longer than me, I have only been a few years. A FEW YEARS? I have a 14,11,9 and 8 yr old I mentioned, shes like oh ya, I try to not think about them. Well start cus they are here and mine (they arent her bio grandkids, they are mine from befor. the 2 younger ones are her bio) anyways..she came up last night (lives in downstairs suite) and starts asking me how I am and what the kids want for Christmas. I have yet to have a santa list and shes like well I need it. I laugh I said I cant just get one. I said ask the kids. So instead I ask, and none gave her a list. She goes along and plays with the babies and talks about her pension and what not. Thats all fine and dandy, she then says she got DH the gift I aws going to get him cus she wanted make sure he got it. Hmmm I buy my DH everything and he knows it and she knows it to thats why she gave me a hell of a time this past summer for buying him a cargarage to put his cars into for outside. She said YOU BOUGHT THAT, YOU ACTUALLY DID THAT? I was like yep, ugh..so I brushed it off, and then last night she says that about buying him what I wanted to. GRRRRr Ok so I let it go.. then I was changing a diaper and DH and her were talking and she says so she was that sick? talking about me. DH says yes, she pipes up and says Oh I just thought she wanted a day off so said she was that sick, I didnt think anybody could be hit with that like that. I had pink eye, strep throat, fever, vomiting, bladder infection, yeast infection and extreme fatigue. I look at DH and I was about to snap. How could I fake that? Can someone fake that? Not to mention get antibiotics for something that is hard to get unless diagnosed. Ugh..I guess Im just a lazy, dont know nothing about my own kids, dont know how take care of my husband faker.
Im glad she dont know about this pregnancy. Maybe she would say Im lieing. OMG ..in ways I want her to know maybe she would lay off, hmmm nope.
Sorry pointless thread, but i had to get it off.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

December 5th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. That sucks! My ex MIL was bad too, but I get along great with my current MIL (thank-you God!)

December 5th, 2011, 05:35 PM
MissMeliss0522's Avatar Super Mommy
You seem to be quite a strong woman to endure all you've been dealing with. I am so sorry you are going through it! I would be so very upset as well, especially if some of my children were accepted and the others were "trying not to be thought of". I'm glad you are here and have an outlet to vent. Take care of yourself!!
December 5th, 2011, 07:00 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why do MIL's have to be so **** hard? I take it she lives with you, too. I'm so sorry! I stayed with my IL's for 2 months last year and nearly went crazy, I can't imagine how you do it. It's so hard to brush comments aside and keep going. Do we defend ourselves knowing it really wont do any good, or do we ignore it for the sake of some quiet? Regardless, ur not alone! We're here for you!

Thank you GraysMama for my siggy!

December 5th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Annick, I know exactly how you feel. I have the MIL from hell.. And its hard to deal with, especially because I live in her house. She says I don't take care of Harleigh or my DH and I am white trash and ungrateful. I'm gonna stop right there because I can go on and on. If you ever need to chat just let me know! I can totally sympathize.
December 5th, 2011, 10:32 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshah View Post
Why do MIL's have to be so **** hard? I take it she lives with you, too. I'm so sorry! I stayed with my IL's for 2 months last year and nearly went crazy, I can't imagine how you do it. It's so hard to brush comments aside and keep going. Do we defend ourselves knowing it really wont do any good, or do we ignore it for the sake of some quiet? Regardless, ur not alone! We're here for you!
We share a whole house. She has her own suite..has knock to come up..like a visitor. I just hate this..not to mention if she hears babies crying omg. strong..hmm. Idk. Just done fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleighJanes.Mama View Post
Annick, I know exactly how you feel. I have the MIL from hell.. And its hard to deal with, especially because I live in her house. She says I don't take care of Harleigh or my DH and I am white trash and ungrateful. I'm gonna stop right there because I can go on and on. If you ever need to chat just let me know! I can totally sympathize.
Omg..your mil is nasty...my ex mil was that way..let me tell ya I don't miss her!
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

December 6th, 2011, 07:08 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
My Mil always makes comments like shes better than me too, I always wanted to have a good relationship with my MIL. I try very hard It bums me out.. Oh well, my partner doesn't get along with her either.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
December 6th, 2011, 07:14 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
all i can say is hgs, and im sorry shes being a poo head!!!! I hope she gets better once she knows, but sometimes i agree its just easier to stay quiet!!!!! and not accepting your kids thats BS!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search