So I noticed while in the shower... (TMI a bit)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 05:16 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
So I took a shower tonight and I noticed 2 new things. One, the base of my nipples are turning darker, almost brown red. And two.. I now have these white dots (some areas groups of white dots) all over my areolae. I've never had these. Is it part of being pg?

December 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
MissMeliss0522's Avatar Super Mommy
Completely normal. This is your body preparing to nourish your baby
December 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Ok, thanks I always have those raised bumps that I know the milk comes from, but these white dots I never had lol. Made me wonder.

December 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Not everyone gets them and I didn't get them with each of my pregnancies but I did get them l kind of freaked me out too at first lol
December 5th, 2011, 05:39 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having the opposite. My nipples aren't getting much darker. Is it just as normal for that happen? They look bigger and perhaps darker than pre-pg, but they're not turning dark brown or anything.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 5th, 2011, 06:10 PM
My guess and it's only that from my own personal experience would be its different with every person. My first pregnancy they were just sore and a little fuller not real noticeable changes. The second time they hurt more and I had the white dots and such. The third time they grew quite a bit and they changed colors. This time DH noticed a color change right away I have had the white this time around yet but I'm guessing it may come. It's been different each time so I would say its normal it was normal for me
December 5th, 2011, 06:14 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMeliss0522 View Post
Completely normal. This is your body preparing to nourish your baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfiddleheads View Post
I'm having the opposite. My nipples aren't getting much darker. Is it just as normal for that happen? They look bigger and perhaps darker than pre-pg, but they're not turning dark brown or anything.
That's normal, too. Every person's reactions to hormones are different.

December 5th, 2011, 07:11 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My nipples got much much larger with my pregnancy with DD and much darker (with the white bumps) and they've stayed large (but gotten lighter in color again) since I weaned her. They are getting dark again with this pg.

Everyone's body will do different things and look very different during pregnancy. I honestly would not be concerned if your nipples do or don't get dark and/or do or don't get larger...happens to many but not all.
December 5th, 2011, 07:19 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i got the white bumps last time, and towards the end my nipples got HUGE and super dark. I was like "where the heck did these things come from? I belong on Nat Geo!" lol. Good news is they will eventually go back to normal.

Thank you GraysMama for my siggy!

December 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM
LOL. Well my breasts started getting bigger right away, before I even got my BFP. They just felt "in the way" you could say. Not that they looked bigger, but like when I'd reach for something I found it felt like I was brushing side boob more lol. But about a week after my bfp even DH was noticing my bbs getting big. Now they're a cup size larger. My nipples haven't gotten bigger, but they hurt a lot. My bbs feel more firm when I poke them lol. And the darkness around the base of the nipples and white bumps is all my breast changes so far.

December 5th, 2011, 07:51 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so far this time im having no booby pain or nipple stuff going on. I do remember the first time it was major pain and growth! i couldnt shower without sheilding them from the evils of the water droplets, lol!

Thank you GraysMama for my siggy!

December 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
It seems like my boobs were much more sore with my first. They got pretty dark, too. This time, the boob itself hasn't really been sore at all, but my nips feel like someone is pinching them almost constantly. OW! And, they are bright pink and my headlights are out constantly. Not too much fun! They are fuller, though, and I think that is kind of nice. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search