So when was/is your first appt?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Sun0912's Avatar Veteran
Curious, because with my last pregnancy, I was seen at 8 weeks and got to see my baby and everything. This time? I wont even be registered until Dec. 20th, where I'll be 9 weeks along. And then from that appointment (paperwork and blood drawing) is when I make my actual first OB appointment. So who the heck knows when that will be. This sucks.

So just curious if anyone else is as unlucky as me?
December 7th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was really early, like 4 1/2 weeks. They said it was fine to come in early and get things started. Then I went back at 8 weeks for another appt and U/S with my midwife.

December 7th, 2011, 07:09 AM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
I had an appointment at 6 weeks, with US, to date the pregnancy. Then, my first official prenatal appointment (with US) was yesterday, at 10 weeks.

December 7th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Sheena Beena's Avatar Dean and Dex's Mommy
I won't have my first appointment until the beginning of January. The doctor I see over here doesn't usually see patients before they hit 12 weeks.

December 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Praying for a STICKY baby
bc of my history of m/c in May at 12 weeks I made my dr see me at like 5 weeks....then she saw me at i think 7 weeks and my next appointment is at 12 weeks....I also had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and 9 weeks....My dr is really understanding of my anxiety so far and my fear....I have another ultrasound Dec 16 which will be 2 days shy of 12 weeks so I will be very anxious that day!

December 7th, 2011, 09:13 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday Dec 6th!! I have my second booked January 11th.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 7th, 2011, 09:23 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't seen a doctor yet either, but that's just because I haven't called to make an appointment. I will probably be 11-13 weeks before I go in. I have a prenatal Rx so I don't really see the importance of going in right now...

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 7th, 2011, 09:41 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i had my first pre natal just a few days ago, and my first US on the 14th, ill be 9 weeks exactly that day, and i had my dating US with my daughter at 7 weeks, ( but this time we have another us not even a month later ( ill take all the little shots of our little(s) i can get!!!

December 7th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Mine is next Wed. I will be like 8 weeks, according to LMP. I'm so nervous...I don't know what to expect!!!
December 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Super Mommy
With my 1st and 2nd they only made the appointment at 11 weeks...Then with my 3rd my first appointment was at 8 weeks 5 days and with this pregnancy I had my 1st appointment on Nov.30th. I was 8 weeks. I guess it depends on the clinic. dr and your history...I had been asking the same question cause so many people were getting ultrsounds and my first one is only Jan3rd for the Nuchlar Ultrasound. Otherwise I would only have my first US at the 20 week mark...
December 8th, 2011, 08:13 AM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have yet to have an appointment!!! We're Americans living in the UK and becuz my husband is AD military we (his dependents) have to use the NHS (their national healthcare system) becuz the base we are stationed at is miniature and crappy. Ok enough said...I tried to book an appt out in town when we first found out we were pregnant only to have the dr. say well umm when u think ur about 12 weeks gone ring up the midwives and they'll see u then to schedule a scan. WTH!! really>??? I hate this place with a passion. Anyways fast fwd...I go to the base and I request to see the miitary dr. and I tell him I have no idea how pregnant I am can u please give me a referal to go out in town to a private hospital and get a dating scan. He does this and by miracle I get an appointment. That's all I've had done this entire pregnancy thus far...a simple dating scan. I'm basically waiting now till we move back to the US to get an ob and go from there. The uk is way to ole skewl for my liking.

December 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I don't go in 'til 12 weeks. This time that falls on Dec. 23rd so I won't go in 'til Jan 3rd.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
December 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I go Dec 20 to get labs done and go over history. I than have appt jan 10 to have pap heartbeat. Hopefully have an ultrasound. My last pregnancy was a identical twin pregnancy.
December 17th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first I wasnt seen till I was 12wks.. they didnt have anything available for a month! (Air Force hospital!) I got an ultrasound that day. With this one my first appt was 8wks (thankfully civilian!) but all he did was go over history and do a physical exam. I go in on Monday when I'm 10wks and they will listen for the heartbeat.. if they cant hear it then they will do an ultrasound.
December 17th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
I had my first appointment and ultrasound at 5 weeks. They didn't even do a urine test or blood draw to test hormone levels, but said everything looked normal. I have not made my second appointment yet, but I am hoping to get in within the next couple of weeks and see if we can see a HB.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search