Mom's of Many

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm curious...how do you make it all work?

I have one DD. I nanny. I will bring the baby with me.

I'm comfortable with the number of kids at any given time. However, the concern is getting all kiddos up, dressed, and out the door to preschool or to whatever classes/activities. I don't want to cause additional stress or strain. I still want to stay active with the kids I nanny for, but the thought of 2-3 kids (min) is a bit of "OMG."

December 8th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have two kids and this one on the way. It is all about morning routine and making sure it is followed..even with the littlest ones. Make sure you wake up early enough to have some wiggle room with your time. It might take a bit to figure out what works but once you figure it out, keep at it. In our house my husband takes a shower while I make coffee. Our daughter is typically up at this time and she gets her juice and then watches cartoons while i make lunches. When DH is done, then I wake up our DS and get the clothes for the kids. DH will get DS eating and I get DD dressed. When DD is dressed, I go to get dressed while DH gets DS ready.
December 8th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
For me I get myself up and ready first. Then I wake the kids starting with the most self sufficient kid first and work myself down to the youngest. We all brush teeth in the bathroom together and try to do hairs. After that I am the most unorganized mom out there. Hubs says I look like Im a possessed chicken without a head as I race through the house lookng for lost shoes, socks, backpacks, purse, truck keys. I have learned that due to my craziness that I just start about 30 minutes before I know I need to leave so Im always on time.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

December 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pray, pray for the best! haha Seriously though, I try to organize everything the night before. Lay out shoes, do the diaper bag etc. I also start by waking the oldest first and downward. I have the oldest help with the next in line etc. She is an amazing big helper If I didn't do the preliminary set up the night before I would enver be anywhere on time.

December 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a SAHM and I did work at home as a nanny when I had just had the older 4, and to me it was easy as everything was in walking distance and the ages was perfect, they were young but still able to help. I did get myself ready first then I fed them , done bathroom runs and out the door. Now I have 6 kids, I live far away from stuff, and I rely on my husband and my older kids to help with the babies. The thought of 7 has hit me MANY times and OMG has come out of my head and my heartpounds. But I think I will be fine. I think you will be fine. You tend to balance things out fairly quickly. You cant really worry on it right now. You dont know how things will be. I think having a game plan ahead of time is perfect but dont rely on that just yet. HUGS
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

December 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I only have three, but having a system helps. I get ready before I get them up. I keep all their shoes in one giant shoe bin, so that we don't run around looking for lost shoes all of the time. I keep the boys clothes together in one closet so that it's easier to grab their clothes. We only keep out current things that fit for the season so that DH can help sometimes too (but that man can't seem to understand the difference bw "stay at home" clothes and "going out" clothes so he doesn't help often). My 7 year old dresses herself most of the time. They take group showers- even though my 7 year old is getting too old. She is starting to take more showers on her own. When we are going out to the car, I have them line up at the door. Then when we get to the car, everyone has to put their hands on the car until it is their turn to climb in.

The best thing is to give yourself plenty of time. Communicate to your children what the plan is and what you expect of them. Have a system and go with it-even for something small like a trip to the park.

December 9th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All of the above, plus rules and enforcement. There's just no room for a lot of disobediance and questioning of who is in charge. If you break the rules, you suffer the concequence weather it's a time out or loss of a privilage.

Lots of positive disapline and reinforcement helps too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search