Chiro while pregnant

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone seen a chiropractor while pregnant? how did it go?

I fully credit my back healing and pregnancy to my chiropractor. I had some intense pain earlier this fall and my x-ray showed some issues with the part of the spine related to reproduction (sublexation - discs rubbing against each other, not healthy looking, curved funny, etc). I got pregnant this time after seeing him for 2 months. And so far so good. I really would like to continue seeing him because my back feels so much better, headaches are coming less and less often, and just feel better overall.

December 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still seeing my chiropractor 3 times a week. I was also having pain and headaches that my regular doctor couldn't diagnose. I went to a chiro on a whim and after 2 months of seeing him, I am a completely new (pain free) person. He told me that there are medical studies saying that pregnant women who continue chiropratic care during the pregnancy, labor is shorter and easier. I can't attest to that, but I can attest to continuing the care while pregnant. I've been 6 times since finding out I'm knocked up.
December 11th, 2011, 04:45 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I love mine. It made the world of difference in so many ways. Helped with my food allergies, migraines, my sensitive pubic bone during pregnancy, my bad hips, and lower back. So amazing.

December 11th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Um, shorter labor! Um, I might need to avoid that one! Lol. About 7 hours with #1 and not really feeling labor until 6 cm and we have an hour plus drive if we change providers. Yikes!

December 11th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love going, but I can't afford it. I go when things get really bad. I did go a few weeks ago for migraines. I took DS to one when he was 4 mo old too for his refulx. He fixed it for him, he was a nicer baby (like he was actually smiling), and I did a lot less laundry since he quickly stopped puking so much.
December 11th, 2011, 05:46 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been seeing one too, though only about once a week. I think that's all I need anyway. I went yesterday for the first time in two weeks and I barely needed an adjustment. I started seeing her a couple of months ago as well and I'm feeling so much better. I was having problems with back pain a few weeks ago, but that seems to have abated. My chiro said that any discomfort that I may feel is muscular related and not due to misalignment. I just gotta keep stretching

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 11th, 2011, 06:21 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
make sure you tell your chiro that you are pregnant!!!!!! just because they do adjust yuo differently, ( they do manipulations on the table!!!they make it so the tummy portion moves with you) ) our chiro is always the first to know!!!LOL hes always so excited!!!! he says thats the best part of the job that he usually knows before everyone else!!!!1

i love my chiropractor!!!!! i wouldnt of made it through my last pregnancy without him!!!!!

December 11th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredonioussMom View Post
make sure you tell your chiro that you are pregnant!!!!!! just because they do adjust yuo differently, ( they do manipulations on the table!!!they make it so the tummy portion moves with you) ) our chiro is always the first to know!!!LOL hes always so excited!!!! he says thats the best part of the job that he usually knows before everyone else!!!!1

i love my chiropractor!!!!! i wouldnt of made it through my last pregnancy without him!!!!!
Mine doesn't use the table except to use the "buffer" which is a huge electric massager, lol. He does all his adjustments on a couch and in a chair.
December 11th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
Mine doesn't use the table except to use the "buffer" which is a huge electric massager, lol. He does all his adjustments on a couch and in a chair.
Very Interesting, its amazing how they all differ!!!!!!

December 11th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I work in a chiropractor office right now and I feel really lucky that I do. I had the same issues as the op, and got pregnant 1 month after working there and getting regular adjustments and therapies. We are a smallish hometown office, but probably 40% of all our patients (which is still a lot, booked 60+ patients per day), are pregnant. He also does acupuncture/acupressure, and between all these things, pregnant women love coming. I can see why. He has already helped me a little with my m/s and gas pain, and a week after I started there he had done acupressure on a lady long overdue and she delivered that evening. It is amazing honestly all that a chiropractor can do, its not just bones and muscles anymore! Also, keep in mind, most chiropractors accept insurance, our office even accepts medicaid. So, being that most plans have a chiropractic portion that most people dont even know about, you should check it out. We have no problem checking coverage before a patient schedules, neither should any other office. If its money stopping you but you have insurance, look into it. I have seen it make a difference in a lot of pg women, and like I said, I feel lucky that I work there during this pregnancy.
December 11th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Super Mommy
I seen a chiro with my first 2 pregnancies and it helped my sore back really well. They wanted me to go in an adjust my new born baby, which my husband and I refused. I was seeing a chiro last year or so for a sore back and I completely agree that it does wonders, however I believe that you always have to go back cause the pain always comes back, so it gets a little expensive. My last chiro cracked my neck for headaches and I got so scared cause I had felt really dizzy and numb for like a week after...Scared me so much that I could not go back.
But despite my not so great last experience, it is alright to go when pregnant and really helps with pain that you are experiencing....
December 11th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr33 View Post
I seen a chiro with my first 2 pregnancies and it helped my sore back really well. They wanted me to go in an adjust my new born baby, which my husband and I refused. I was seeing a chiro last year or so for a sore back and I completely agree that it does wonders, however I believe that you always have to go back cause the pain always comes back, so it gets a little expensive. My last chiro cracked my neck for headaches and I got so scared cause I had felt really dizzy and numb for like a week after...Scared me so much that I could not go back.
But despite my not so great last experience, it is alright to go when pregnant and really helps with pain that you are experiencing....
I got really dizzy a few times after some adjustements but honestly it was probably cause I was dehydrated and I attributed it also to me adjusting to my neurons firing properly after not getting the circulation and such that they needed.

I still can't say enough about what he did for our son though. After our traumatic delivery, it just made sense that his little back was out of whack, and it was. I could run my fingers up his spine and right between his shoulder blades he would cringe and start crying. Poor little guy. He's better now thanks to our chiropractor!
December 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM
same with our daughter, she also has some major tummy issues and our chiro helps her all the time, same with when she gets constipated!!! one little itty bitty adjustment and WHAM POOP!!!!!! its awesome!!!!!

My hubby was very against her getting an adjustment and i was against her getting her ears peirced, we agreed to disagree and she got both done the same day!!!! ( LOL At 6 weeks of age)

December 12th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Veteran
I will most def start seeing mine again once I get bigger and my headaches/migraines come back. What I also love about mine is he will adjust the table so I can just lay there on my belly and take a quick nap. Something about the pressure off my back for a little makes a world of difference!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search