Reactions

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2011, 09:41 AM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did your family react when they found out you were pregnant?

SO's family react?

Friends?

Co-Workers?

If you haven't spilled the beans yet how do you think all of the above will react?

My mom wasn't bothered. Neither excited nor unhappy. DH's family sounded dissapproving. DH's mother was more than willing to share her opinion on dh should be getting a vasectomy after this one. Cow! Friends were kinda rude with their comments like "Don't yall have a tv?" etc. My co -workers would be my kiddos haha and they were excited!

December 11th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom screamed and cried. She'd been begging for 2yrs for us to have another lol My MIL and FIL both cried. Our siblings all said "thats cool", I think my brother is more excited out of all of them.. he has a 2.5yr old DD and the others dont have kids nor do they want them. Our friends were really excited.. said they'd spoil it. One of my good friends jumped up and down and hugged me.. she has a 5 month old.
December 11th, 2011, 10:34 AM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost my mom a few years ago, so the person I would be most excited to tell is no longer here. My aunt (who is now like my mom) was ecstatic. Screaming and crying. My cousins were also very excited. My husband's parents were excited but this won't be their first grand child (hubby's brother has 2). I have no siblings, but Brian's brother just said wow. I'll send ya all our baby crap we don't need now. I have no coworkers because I work from home. I only have one friend (not much of a people person, can ya tell?) and since she has been trying to get pregnant for 8 years, I think she's jealous. She said yay, but it looked pained. It's already put a strain on our relationship. *sigh*
December 11th, 2011, 11:52 AM
My mom recently passed away in September, but I know she would be exstatic to have another grandbaby. My dad was excited. My MIL was excited but a bit worried. This is my DH first child. She was worried we weren't ready, but still excited. As for my coworkers I am one of three preggos in our department all due around the same time.. so they are all excited! My friends are happy and supportive.
December 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Il's want another grandbaby and have been asking fora few years.
My family more or less knows we want another and it won't be a huge surprise.
Dd will be super excited.
Friends have been supportive that know. And very excited. My closest friends know we have wanted a second and have had a lot of trouble.

December 12th, 2011, 10:13 AM
LuvLuvmyfamily's Avatar Veteran
We havent told many people yet. My mom was happy and just worried everything went good this time. I have only told a couple close friends but they are very happy for us and have helped watch my dd for doc appt and so on. I have not told my dad or my siblings yet. We will tell my in laws next weekend. Everyone is getting together and we plan on buying big brother and big sister shirts and see how long it takes for everyone notice I know they all will be happy for us. And as for coworkers only two gals know and thats becaused they figured it out the belly bump gave it away! But they were very excited for me!
December 12th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmumx4 View Post

SO's family react?

Friends?

Co-Workers?

If you haven't spilled the beans yet how do you think all of the above will react?

My mom wasn't bothered. Neither excited nor unhappy. DH's family sounded dissapproving. DH's mother was more than willing to share her opinion on dh should be getting a vasectomy after this one. Cow! Friends were kinda rude with their comments like "Don't yall have a tv?" etc. My co -workers would be my kiddos haha and they were excited!
I just wanted to say that I am so sorry that you got a lot of
negative comments. Children are such a blessing. My mom
was told that same thing about Yall dont have a tv????
and my mom had 9 children. I hope people will come around
to being more postive& supportive once they see your
cute baby bump and when you are holding your precious
little one in your arms.
December 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you!

December 12th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
I told family and a few close friends, but didn't really get any excited reactions. My parents were never ones to get excited over anything though my cousin Karyn was pretty happy, but she is a newborn photograpgher and loves her some babies!

December 12th, 2011, 06:30 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have only told my parents, DH's parents, DH's sisters and one of my brothers/wife. We also told three really close friends and DH had to tell his boss. Everyone is super excited and uterly shocked we are having twins!

My MIL and mom both cried. I plan to tell one of my BFF's this week and I'm sure she will be super excited and shocked too!
December 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My InLaws were very happy-they have been bugging us for 3 years-they don't know we have been trying for that long, just didn't happen until now
And the two closest friends i told were so excited, they wanted to start planning my babyshower already,lol!
Noone else knows yet..so we'll see....
December 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Reactions here were not very good.

But I have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 14 month old. (Also a 20 yr old and a 17 yr old) So everyone just thinks it's stupid to have another sooo close in age. This baby was 100% unplanned and quite a shock. But we are THRILLED

My pregnancies are kinda high risk so my mom was worried about that. This is grandchild number 14, so they don't get excited anymore

I am sure his family won't be thrilled either. Dave is 46 so I am sure they think we are just too old to have another one. We also have a grandbaby.

For once I really don't care what anyone has to say. They either welcome this pregnancy and can be a part of our lives or they don't. Their loss

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

December 13th, 2011, 03:53 PM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

SO's family react? the look on the faces was awesome( as my SIL is pregant right now too) my FIL mouth went OMG and then said REALLY ( it was sweet) my MIL is worried about me as our dd was not a good 9 months and shes gone for two months to see my SIL and BIL\
we have the announcement sent already to my SIL and BIL in time for there Xmas ( in aussie) with our cousin, its at the back of a bunch of pics and a christmas card Its really sweet, It has our daughter when she was in utero, there little bean in utero and then our "announcement" in question marks with the due dates under all of em!!!!)

Friends?only a few know they were super excited, one of my gfs cant wait to throw us a shower ( which i dont think we do since its our second, but She can help with the family gathering, as they are pretty much family)

Co-Workers? i work for myself!!!

we are telling my family and the rest of my SO family after his sister calls us on our 24th!!!!! so i think they shall be excited, and my immediate family will know ont he 25th

and olur daughter is pretty excited, she says at least once a day, Mum Baby MWAH!! and kisses my tummy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search