Still nursing?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in the (long process) of weaning.

Just wondering how it is going for everyone still nursing? Do you plan on going the enitre pregnancy and tandem nursing?

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

December 13th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Both of my kiddos self weaned between 12-13 months. I have had several friends nurse through pregnancy and even tandem nurse after.
December 13th, 2011, 02:28 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still nursing Izzy. She's 23 months old now. I'll prob try to slowly wean her sometime after her 2nd b-day....next month...eeek!

Right now she only nurses first thing in the AM and then right before bed. If she resists weaning, I don't have any objection with nursing the whole pregnancy and letting her continue to nurse at bedtime.

December 13th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Veteran
Oh Elsie is 22m and showing no signs of slowing down!
DD1 nursed through my pregnancy with dd2 and they tandemed for about 6m before dd1 self weaned completely at about 3 1/2.
I am okay with tandem nursing again this time too. DEFINATELY helped with engorgement that first week!
the last pic I have of dd1 nursing before she weaned herself.

December 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I'm nursing my 18 month old. I halfway want him to wean, but the other half of me is loving this time with him so much. He doesn't nurse often. Usually once or twice a day. He hasn't asked to nurse at all today because we were super busy.

We had a rough time with nursing for a while. He latched fine, but had terrible reflux. So he would scream and wiggle the entire time he nursed. Nursing is just now starting to be a pleasant bonding experience with him. World Health Organization recommends to nurse till 2, but I figure my milk will be dry by then (it's almost dry now), so I think we probably don't have very much time left of this dreamy and perfect nursing relationship before it's over. I figure he'll be done before baby gets here at the rate he's going.

December 13th, 2011, 03:35 PM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i just managed to stop nursing our 18 mo old two months ago!!! and i have to say im thankful for it!!!! as she wouldnt NEVER take a bottle!!! To CJTHOMPS26 that is a wicked art you had figured out there!!!!! I was really nervous thats what was going to happen with us but you made it look easy peasy

December 13th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Veteran
Predoniouss Mom~ I loved seeing the girls hold hands when nursing and smile at each other and laugh. It was definately a bonding opportunity for them. That picture was actually taken at the hospital, dd1 had a minor surgery and I was super nervous to not only nurse my 3 yr old at the hospital but I knew it'd be time for the baby to nurse too. Thankfully our nurse was awesome or it could have been very awkward! I can definately say that if I were to ever have twins I would be a little more comfortable nursing them both at the same time!

December 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I had two that weaned themselves when I was 3 mo. pg with the next baby. One was 21 mos, the other 18 mos.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search