ultrasound Dec 30th (rant)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2011, 10:59 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I have to wait until the end of the month until I get my first ultrasound, which is better than only one at 20 weeks, but still all this waiting is making me worried (hopefully for nothing). I've witnessed two ladies on here experience missed miscarriages (I'm terribly sorry ladies ) and I'm so freaked out that after all this time I might discover my baby hasn't had a heartbeat for weeks. This is so nerve wracking. I seem to be going through phases of feeling good about it all and then worrying like crazy and then back to feeling good about it because I have a symptom that makes itself known for a day or two. I feel like I'm growing, but I'm also very bloated and haven't been eating well because veggies are not appetizing right now so I'm sure I'm gaining weight. So I'm worried that's just making me THINK I'm growing.

*big sigh* I wish I could have my ultrasound sooner. I don't like ASSUMING everything is hunky dory for something so fragile and important as this.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 14th, 2011, 04:18 AM
~*Amy*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know, its scary. I've had 2 mc's and seeing these momma's drop out (I'm so sorry ladies, I've been there), is really emotional and scary. Try to hang in there and with the holidays coming it will be here before you know it. Sending + vibes to you and that bean! P.S. I felt the same last night and I went out and bought a $ store test, poas and I feel much better after seeing that nice dark line.

Thank you cavewoman for my amazing siggie!!

Please don't mention on FB!
2 Angels in Heaven...Always remembered
Wanna go to Florida?>>>> MY FLORIDA GETAWAY
December 14th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Super Mommy
Ohfiddleheads,
I feel the exact same way. After seeing to ladies yesterday post that they are leaving us, I have been thinking of it all night and talking to my husband about it. I go for blood tests on the 20th and then have my Dr.s appointment in the 29th. Hopefully some of the results will be in and she san see my hormone levels and see if they are o.k. And also I will be like 12 weeks so she will be checking for the heart beact. But I have to wait until Jan.3rd for my ultrasound and I am so worried....
December 14th, 2011, 06:15 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i know how nervve racking it can all be! just remember if you still have signs that you are pregnant ie morning sickness sore boobs any of that you are good!!!!! have you talked to your doctor abour these feelings as well????

December 14th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am in the same boat...I probably won't have any scans until the NT at around 11-12 weeks and I hate waiting. I have just irrational thoughts about this baby not being OK since it wasn't really planned. I had bloodtests last week and those were fine but I fear the same thing, going in and finding that the baby was gone a while ago.
December 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Praying for a STICKY baby
I think most of us are in the same boat and even ones like myself who had early scans are still going crazy and nervous bc even if you see the baby and a heartbeat at an early scan anything can happen. That's what happened to me last time...u/s 6w.....u/s 8w and heard h/b then i went in at 12weeks and they told me the baby stopped growing shortly after my last scan...I was devastated so this time around saw h/b at 6w heard h/b at 9w and now scan on friday at just under 12w and im super nervous!The only thing keeping me positive is that this time around i have more symptoms and last time at each u/s i measured 2w behind and this time around im measuring right on time! G/L to everyone and just try your best to stay positive!

December 14th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They told me I have to come in at 10wks to listen for the heartbeat and if they dont hear it then they do an ultrasound. If they hear a heartbeat then the ultrasound will be around 12wks.
December 14th, 2011, 10:47 AM
JSquaredMom's Avatar Super Mommy
HUGS!!

I feel the same way. I've had 3 scans so far, and seen the little blinky heart, which is great....but now that I'm feeling better and I don't THINK I'm growing (I know I'm gaining because my diet is crap!) I wonder what's going on!!

I too won't get to see another scan til the end of the month. Waiting is hard...but we're all here together!!

December 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
PredonioussMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSquaredMom View Post
HUGS!!

Waiting is hard...but we're all here together!!
This was so well said!!!!!!

December 14th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
oh man that must be nerve racking. Easier said then done but stay positive. Will keep a positive thought going for you till then. Hopefully the time will pass quickly and you'll be at your appt before you know it.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

December 14th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))) I am sorry you have to wait for your u/s. I know its easier said then done, but try not to stress out.
December 14th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Seeing all these losses has my anxiety sky high.... I go for my 12 week appointment (my first) on Monday and my NT scan Tuesday.... I think I will burst out in tears if I don't hear the heartbeat Monday... Heck think I will burst out in tears if I DO hear it...

I don't remember being this anxious last time... HUGS we are in it together...
December 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I am avoiding this board cus I think the losses are contagious. I know its awful to think that, but its horrible, I feel bad for these ladies and I am thankful Im still pregnant. I worked hard at it, and I so wish to go to the end. I am sorry you have to wait till the 30th, thats a great day, my wedding anniversary Is there a way we can go to BC Womens and get an early scan? I know they have a department there, Im just curious. Hmmm
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

December 14th, 2011, 07:55 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The losses we've had in our DDC are making me nervous too... it's hard to keep the nervous thoughts out about our beans...but we have to. At least, I have to, or I will never make it to my next appointment which isn't until Jan 4th. I hope you can find some peace and not worry too much.
I've been on JM since I was due with my DD and I have to say that there are a lot of heart-wrenching things that happen out there...but you can't let them get you down or self-doubt.

December 15th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Sheena Beena's Avatar Dean and Dex's Mommy
I know exactly how you feel. My doctor here won't even see me until I'm 12 weeks. With all of the miscarriages I've seen, I'm freaking out and I still have 4 weeks before I even see the doctor.

December 15th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for you all of your responses. I didn't think I was alone in having these terrifying thoughts, but it really helps to read what everyone else if feeling in that regard. It doesn't help that my symptoms have been pretty minimal since the beginning. No m/s, boobs barely sore, some days I don't pee as much as others. Only my nose has been pretty consistent, but I'm in an apartment with electric heat which could cause my nose to act up. I had a thought this morning and that was that I'm not doing myself any favors psyching myself out by thinking of alternative reason to have any of the symptoms I do have. I think I need to go POAS and see that line for reassurance.

7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 15th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Sheena Beena's Avatar Dean and Dex's Mommy
I've been POAS once a week since I got my BFP lol

December 15th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredonioussMom View Post
This was so well said!!!!!!
I agree..
Also scared here, but might pee on my last stick for my own sanity.....Txs for that !!!
And if i am lucky i might try to get a doppler around Xmas, that would be life changing..sighs

Sorry ur frustrated, i hope all is well with u, and u get to see ur bean in little over 2 weeks!!!
December 15th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I POAS this afternoon and saw a beautiful line develop. It made me feel so much better. It wasn't darker than the control line, but I know that concentration of hCG varies in urine depending on what I've been drinking, what time of the day it is etc.

7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search