Wheels

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2011, 12:07 PM
txmumx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What time of wheels do you drive and will you be upgrading when LO gets here or not?

We have a 2010 Dodge Caravan and a 2008 Nissan Xterra. The Xterra can only hold 3 carseats but the dh mostly uses it for the work commute. The minivan will work perfectly for our clan so no plans to upgrade anytime soon. Anyways if we did the next thing would have to be a 15 passenger van lol

December 16th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a GMC Jimmy (same thing as a Blazer) and a Pontiac G6. We do plan on trading in the Jimmy for minivan sometime next summer. The Pontiac is only a year old so we will hold on to that for a while.
December 16th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Super Mommy
We have a Corolla, and my parents leave their Mazada 5 here cause they live up North in Canada and it is only accessible by plane. But hopefully next summer we will get a Grand Caravan
December 16th, 2011, 12:17 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drive a 2011 Dodge Journey with third row seating. We'll have plenty of room for two car seats and a Great Dane. That doesn't stop me from drooling over the Lincoln MKT though!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 16th, 2011, 01:19 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drive a highlander. Will be getting another mini van though due to the three car seat issue :/ dave seems to think finding one RIGHT NOW is a priority. Lmao. I am not in a rush.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

December 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Chevy_Gurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is a '09 Dodge Durango and Hubs is a '99 Chevy 1500 extended cab 4x4

We won't be upgrading since I can still fit the kids that live w/ us all the time plus the baby in mine. During the summer when everyone is here, both S1 & T then we'll just take both vehicles.

If I could have my dream vehicle then I'd be getting a '12 Chevy Suburban extended cab with a bench seat in the front and 2nd row so I could fit 9 people in total. But yeah that'll only happen if I were to win the lottery.
... (A 09/98) ... (S 5/00) ...(T 5/01) ...
... (S2 9/06)... (A2 01/09) ... (A 7/2/12)

December 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a chevy tahoe so it will do nicely. Hubby has a ford extended cab truck so that will work. We also have a chevy bonneville that hubby drives to work to save money on gas.
December 16th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
05 and 12 Honda civics.

Both should work just fine car seat wise. Now, if I have my kiddos plus the ones I sit for driving ill have to use their car! But I doubt I'd take 4 kiddos out alone with 3 younger ones.

December 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
2005 Mazda 3 and we won't be upgrading unless we have a surprise of twins then we would have no choice!
December 16th, 2011, 03:49 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have a vehicle. I'll be relying on family to bring baby home after birth and after that I'll be walking and public transit.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 16th, 2011, 06:20 PM
THE angry uterus's Avatar TTC PINK
DH and I both have cars that are barely hanging on and both of our cars have only two doors. We will "upgrade" but not until I graduate and have a better income. We probably wont get new cars until closer to next winter and DH's car is older and in worse shape, so he will probably get to go first. I have been thinking of either an Accord or a Camry, but we will make that decision when the time has come.
December 16th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Veteran
We just got another Nissan Pathfinder in July, we had a 2008 before and this one is a 2011. It's a seven seater and right now I have 5 carseats in there bc I watch my friends kids on occassion and need to do school pickups and drop offs. So we have room to have two more kids after this baby before we need to upgrade.
dh has his 2012 subaru something or other.... not sure of the make but it's fast and has all wheel drive which is the least you want to have with our lake effect 100 plus inches of snow we get each winter!

December 16th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an 06 Honda Odyssey and SO drives an 08 civic hybrid. Im kind of hoping to trade my van in for a new one, possibly lease, bc I don't want to deal with repairs and maintenance on my van that it needs. Definitely sticking with the odyssey though. Love it! Until the kids move out and I can drive a nice 5 or 6 speed car someday....

December 19th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Super Mommy
we're expecting #4 but my other 3 are still in car seats/booster chairs. I have a 3 row SUV so I can fit all 4 kids but DH has nissan truck that has room for only 3 seats in the back. The front has a middle seat but I don't think we want to put a kid between us. He's anti-minivan and wants to get a suburban...we'll see.

December 19th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I drive a 2010 town and country mini van. I love it and just got it about 2 months ago. Lots of room! I never thought i would love a mini van but i do! My husband drives a hyundai santa fe and it will hold 2 carseats as well if he has the kids.
December 19th, 2011, 08:13 AM
~*Jess*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~*Jess*~
We just upgraded from a Focus to a '10 Dodge journey with 3rd row seating. We needed to since this is number 4. Once we found out we were expecting we started looking and about 2 weeks ago got an AMAZING deal on the journey we got. So no more upgrading now...we are fine .

December 19th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Veteran
I drive a Toyota Tacoma... yes a truck... with no seats in the back except ones made for little people (and not babies lol). LOL! Obviously we are going to sell it. I'm heartbroken, I've had my truck since 2005 and I love it but unless the baby likes a cool breeze, I can't strap it to the bed on my truck.

I'm selling it in February. I should be able to get at least $8k for it, and then we're going to put it down on a 2010ish Honda Accord or a 2009ish Toyota Highlander. I'm not a mini-van kind of girl so those should suffice.

Baby #1 due July 25, 2012... IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!
December 19th, 2011, 11:43 AM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
I drive a CR-V and DH has a Subaru Outback. We were planning on getting a crew cab truck for DH this year. I think we will probably do that and once we pay it off start looking at mini vans for me. I've been looking at the one by Kia since they are a bit more affordable.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
December 19th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Sheena Beena's Avatar Dean and Dex's Mommy
I drive a '06 Saturn Vue and Dh has a 90 something Volkswagen MK2 Golf.

December 19th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a Benz S 420- ( the "Whale "), so it still plenty room for baby #2, and C in the back seat.Plus its still one of the safest vehicle ever built, so im not trading it just yet..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search