ultrasound results and due date

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2011, 01:20 AM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What would you go by? My Dr replacement sent me for a viability & dating scan..my last period gives me July 23...my ovulation gives me July 28...my dating scan gives me July 30...I know for a fact when I ovulated ..based on my chart ..temps ..cervical mucus etc..I know from ovulation and the dating scan is only 2 days..but to me its a big deal..just for perfection ..should I stick with July 28..and speak to my actual Dr next month on what he feels? I was told any date under 9 days from last period they will stick with the last period date..but the replacement Dr said Nope this is what they said..not taking any Consideration to what I know. They tried pull this when pregnant with Seth ..tried tell me I conceived 15 days after..but we didn't have sex from ovulation ..same this time..ugh. Dr said sperm lives 4 days..ok..so her date would give my sperm 8 days living ...I also got my positive test 8 days after suspect ovulation ...lol I still have my SCH ..says it grew 1cm....its scaring me..Dr said I'm not out of the woods cus of my past history of my miscarriages. ..what would you do? Am I wrong to keep my ovulation due date? If I go by my Dr due date then I got + hpt wayyy earlier than normal..at 5 dpo. My beta also doubled ..she said that was good... It sure is!...I also thought they don't change due date if its under 9 days..this would put me under 9 days. I will ask my Dr next visit ...unless I go in sooner for ultrasound at hospital.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

December 17th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I personally wouldn't worry about it too much since due dates are approximate anyway and for testing purposes its is in line. You are tech. due anywhere from 38-42 weeks, so after a 4 week window, 2 days doesn't change much.
December 17th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The due date the doctor goes by doesn't really change when the baby comes (unless you go over, then you may be induced). Because of that, I would try to convince the doctor to use the ultrasound date since it's the latest. That reduces the chances of having to be induced for being post dates and having to go through NST for being past your due date. And if the baby comes earlier, it's like a pleasant surprise (rather than agony going past the due date and wondering when the baby is ever going to come).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search