flutters

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally forgot to tell you all!! Yesterday when they were doing the ultrasound I felt baby flutters!! I never would have known/realized it if I hadn't seen it on the ultrasound screen. I totally would have just thought it was gas or something other then little a little baby jumping around in there! I'm sure some of you first time Mama's are starting to feel flutters by now (or soon)?
December 17th, 2011, 03:19 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
I'm feeling them, too! It is so cool! Sometimes, it feels like a thud. Sometimes it feels sort of like there's a bubble or something in there. Sometimes it feels like there's popcorn popping. I love it!

It's pretty neat to feel it already, as I didn't notice it until 16ish weeks with my first.

Last edited by gratefulmama; December 17th, 2011 at 03:22 PM.
December 17th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! I am expecting to feel something in the next few weeks. I think our beAn is still too tiny! I felt dd at 13 weeks and wouldn't have guessed if I didn't see it on u/s also.

December 17th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yaay!!!
I did too, last week, but i wasn't a 100 % sure, but its been a couple of times since, and its not gas, i fel it in my uterus, like little nudges followed by a butterflies in ur tummy feeling, so im guessing/ knowing its the munckin..
December 17th, 2011, 04:39 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
I've felt some little flutters like that, down low, but figured it was just gas. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to them next time!

December 17th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep trying to see if I notice it again, but I haven't. I guess I'm used to not paying attention. I wish I could feel it though! It was so cool.
December 17th, 2011, 05:57 PM
gratefulmama's Avatar Melissa, Mama to Lily
I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't notice it if it wasn't my second. At first, I thought it might be gas, but it's happened more and more and the feeling is getting more pronounced.

December 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I figured it out again I think! Actually baby seems to be dancing on my bladder cause that is where I feel it. I know I don't need to go, so it has to be baby!
December 17th, 2011, 06:42 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had so much gas that even if I were able to feel flutters this early the gas would just mask it. This is my first though, so I don't expect to feel anything until second trimester.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
December 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've felt the baby move every day for the past 5 days! The first two days I didn't believe it was the baby AT ALL because it was sooo early. I didn't feel DS move for the first time until 12 weeks 3 days and not again until 15ish weeks. There is no denying it now though I absolutely love that feeling!! It's so subtle now. I can't wait for them to get stronger.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 17th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Super Mommy
Wow, you girls are lucky to feel it that early...Actully I did not even think it was possible...I have never felt any of mine last 3 pregnancies more until the 19th week...nd at 19 weeks it was the little flutters or nudges....
I still have like 9-10 more weeks to wait...too long...
December 18th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr33 View Post
Wow, you girls are lucky to feel it that early...Actully I did not even think it was possible...I have never felt any of mine last 3 pregnancies more until the 19th week...nd at 19 weeks it was the little flutters or nudges....
I still have like 9-10 more weeks to wait...too long...
Its nothing like the "real" kicks that you get. With DS I didn't notice anything until I was that far along too. I was like wt heck?! With my other pregnancies I noticed way sooner, so I was shocked I didn't feel anything until way later, even then I don't remember feeling consistant movements until after 20 weeks. Like I said, I totally wouldn't have known it was the baby moving if it didn't corolate with the ultrasound! I was soooo surprised!
December 19th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Super Mommy
I felt #1 at 17 wks, #2 at 14 wks and #3 at 10.5 wks. I'm 9w1d today so I can't wait until next week!!

December 19th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so paying attention after posting, I felt tiny tickles yesterday. That's how I remember feeling dd at first. Just like my uterus was being tickled. I figure our baby's arms and legs need to get a little longer and stronger to feel more.

December 19th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Idk...I can't really tell. Sometimes I think I feel it but it's hard to tell. Like a minute ago when my son laid his head in my lap I *think* I felt something. I think in a couple weeks it'll be a little easier I think.

December 20th, 2011, 08:19 AM
~*Jess*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~*Jess*~
I am pretty sure I have been feeling flutters for a few days now. I know the difference between this and gas. It is just every once in a while, but almost everyday at least once. I am so ecited about it. Can't wait to get my doppler and be able to hear my blobs hb and movements.

December 20th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Blah! I haven't felt anything since saturday! Oh, well. I'm sure when I'm just laying around calm I will feel it again soon.
December 20th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
I think mine is just gas

December 20th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I felt something today and was going to ask more experianced moms. This is my first, I'm 11 wks 3 d I was hunched over my computer today looking at a really boarding spread sheet and felt bumps/thumps/ I don'treally know how to explain it, not gas, but I thought it might be to early. Pretty exciting starting to feel like there really is a little person in there

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search