Telling your DH/SO/BF

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2012, 05:17 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
How did you tell them you were pregnant??
January 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Via a text message as I could not wait to tell him and I was at work and did not want to make the call around my co-workers.
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
January 13th, 2012, 06:41 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The first time I found out I was pregnant (lost that baby to m/c) was in the middle of December. It was our first Christmas married and we had our tree decorated in our living room so I led DH in front of the tree and told him. Well we ended up leaving the tree up (undecorated) as part of our decor in our living room so when I found out I was pregnant a few months after the m/c I repeated telling him in front of the tree.

Now it has become a sort of tradition that with each pregnancy I tell him in front of that scrawny little 6ft pine tree. This past time the tree had gotten buried on our porch in the midst of trying to get ready for selling our house so I dug it out and surprised him with it in our living room to tell him I was expecting again. He really likes the tradition so I am guessing as long as we have that tree we'll be in front of it when I tell him.

[
January 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Thats so cute Ruth!! And Lovisa, I also sent SO picture text as I couldnt wait to spill the beans either!!!!
January 13th, 2012, 07:14 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with my first, I gave him the test wrapped in christmas paper and told him santa forgot about that one.

the second, I had my son give him the test.

the 3rd pregnancy we were going through a rough financial patch and I just kind of told him.

this one I put the boys in shirts that said "big brother" and "big brother too" on them

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 16th, 2012, 06:44 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This time I found out on a wednesday. We had a weekend trip planned without the kids to a bowl game (football) in Alabama that weekend. So I searched and found a couple of onsies with our college football team on it, and I put them in a giftbag and took them with us. We got up early that sunday morning to go down to the coast to see the ocean (actually I guess it was the bay) and I slipped the gift in our bag with the cameras. When we got out to the water I told him I had a gift for him, but we couldn't use it until NEXT football season. He looked at me very confused. He opened it up and said who is this for? I told him "the baby" He looked even more confused and I said "our baby" and pointed to my belly. He started crying and gave me a huge hug. He told me he was so excited and happy

January 16th, 2012, 07:01 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
It think the first was a text, 2nd I can't even remember and third I asked him what he thought of the bunkbeds I had found online and he said what do we need bunkbeds for. I said for E and B and then walked out of the room grabbed the test and gave it to him he then says so why do we need bunkbeds and are you going to test every tome your late. I tell him look again its positive. He laughs and says he was looking for a + sign not two lines. lol,
January 16th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Super Mommy
Mine was totally uneventful. I asked him three questions: How did you sleep last night? Are you stressed at work? How are your overall stress levels? I wasn't going to tell him if he'd slept like crap (because of our already existing children, lol) or was stressed at work. But his answer was "I slept okay, I feel fine, why? Are you pregnant?" And that was that.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 16th, 2012, 09:46 PM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
Lol DF found out when I did. When I went to pee again before bed I noticed a very faint line on the test and wasn't sure if I was really seeing what I was seeing so I got the Digital camera and was taking photos of it. He asked WTH was I doing and I told him I think we're pregnant I'm trying to see if there's really another line.

January 16th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I found out on New Years day with FMU. My DH was already downstairs sitting at the Kitchen table, so I went downstairs and showed him the test and said Happy New Year Daddy!!!
January 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He was asleep in his favorite chair in the living room after work. I just happen to test out of nowhere. I was in shock. I jumped up and ran into the bathroom to get a better look. It was for sure positive. So came back in the room and look honey!!!

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 16th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol these are so briliant, mine was an email of the picture with our son's catch phrase from one point. "Look did you do."

January 16th, 2012, 10:28 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Baby #1 - I told him on Christmas. Wrapped up a book for daddies (can't remember the name). He was like, "Are you for real?" I was so worried I had kept it secret for about 3 weeks (we weren't in the greatest spot financially, so I thought he'd be super worried).

Baby #2 - I put a "Big Brother" shirt on my son. He didn't even notice...so after awhile I got fed up and said, "Look at Kelly's shirt". He looked, but the way my son was, he only saw "Big B", so he said, "Oh big boy, yea Kelly is a big boy." And I was like "Noooo, look closer." Again he was like "Really?" haha. I waited 2 days to tell him, and told him on my birthday.

This one - He wanted to have sex and said "Let's make a baby." I replied, "you already did." His response, "I kinda figured I knocked you up." I waited a few days to tell him because the lines were sooo faint at first, but once I got the "pregnant" on the digi, I figured I could go ahead.

January 17th, 2012, 01:18 AM
cowgirl_mommy's Avatar <3 waiting on blessing #3
#1 I had our mutual best friend tell him because I had found out while we were broken up.
#2 I had found out while he was away for training, so I texted him a picture of the test and he called immediatly with the response " you've got to be kidding..." Lol our wedding was a month away.
#3 This time ... He was home, I tested laid it on the back of the toliet, and walked away. He went to the bathroom a little while later, and came out asking " what 2 pink lines on this stick thingy meant" I just chuckled and said "it means #3 is on its way" and he justt shook his head and said he really needed to stop being nosy lol...
January 17th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
first time, I took a digi and showed him when he got home from work....he said congratulations!! haha it was his nervous response.

This time I stopped and picked up a butterfinger candy bar, handed it to him and said "well if I'm going to get fat, so should you" it took a second to realize it and then he was soo excited and teary eyed.

January 18th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Veteran
First time around, I left him a card in the BR with a note from our dogs - congratulating him - he was like, (yelling with excitement) "are you serious?"

Second time, I photoshopped a coupon that read $FREE$ W/ BUN IN THE OVEN typed directly under it, in with some KFC coupons. It read: Sides: God's choice of boy or girl; Extras: Diapers, diapers, and more diapers, etc. It took him a while to get it as he was hungry and deciding which was the best to use. It had also been 8 years since we had our first - he was overjoyed.

With this third, being my sense of smell is overpowering, I put the BFP in a diaper and told him he needed to change our 18 mo. old I then said, we need to get her PT really soon. When he went to open the diaper, he saw the two lines and said, "are we really having another baby, honey?" I replied that buying for two babies would be pretty expensive. He was again, ecstatic
January 18th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
These are so fun to read

I bought a newborn onesie that said "I Love Daddy." He pulled it out of the gift bag and chuckled (I had mentioned a few days earlier that I thought I might be.) Then he opened the gift bag again, and I asked "What are you looking for?" He said, "I'm hoping there's some money in here."

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search