realized just how much baby stuff I got rid of

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 07:34 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we moved last spring and I ended up purging A LOT of stuff

my jumperoo, baby swing, play mats

the car seat expired and DH commandeered the boppy pillow!

of course we are flat broke, and our family doesn't believe in Baby Showers for any other than the first. I hope I can scrape up enough swagbucks to get some of things I need - I know I want to get a new swing, and play mat, and I want to get the My Breastfriend pillow.

I have totes and totes of clothes, I think probably some of it would be alright for a girl if we have a girl.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 16th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any thrift stores around you? I bet you could find some stuff there.

January 16th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I plan on going to some yard sales this spring. I won't be purchasing anything till much later - have to get through my u/s first - I'm a nervous wreck about that...

I just thought I still had all this stuff, and I only kept a few things...

Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
My son is 6, so between yard sales and giving away to friends, I have practically nothing since I had given up on ever getting pregnant again. Fortunately, my BIL has a one year old girl and my SIL has a one year old boy. Plus, my brothers wife just had twin boys, so hopefully I can get them to ship me some stuff. Do you have any family members that don't plan on having anymore kids?

My family doesn't really believe in baby showers after the first either, but now that I live 500 miles away, my friends here do baby showers for every baby, so I will wait and see.

Last edited by pauriemmo; January 16th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
January 16th, 2012, 09:16 AM
We're the only ones in our families that have kids, so I can't really hit up anyone! LOL

January 16th, 2012, 11:19 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I love yard sales! I am sure you will pick up some great stuff!!!
January 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
we gave away alot of our baby items to as we had thought we were done. Hopefully you can find some awesome deals.
January 16th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
I had given up on my husband ever consenting to a fourth baby, and I got rid of ALL my stuff. I have no boy clothes, and my only girl clothes are the ones that currently fit my girls (who are in 12-18 months and 2T/3T). I haven't used a swing for the last two kids, and my house doesn't do well with play mats (dogs use them as beds and then I don't want to put the baby on it, for obvious reason).. Hopefully my 18 month old will give up her high chair by the time the baby is big enough to use it, lol.

I do have a stroller, at least, and a carrier-wrap-thing. I insist on buying a new car seat (I'm obsessed).

I doubt I'll get a baby shower for this kid, though a mom in my church just had a shower for her 7th child.. but it was the first boy after four girls, so that one makes a lot of sense, lol. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna have to make good friends with Craigslist!
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search