Doc Visit.. tell me what you think....

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 03:09 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
K went to doc.. couldnt pee for the LIFE OF me so she did a ultrasound.. didnt see anything... finally peed sd my preggo test there was NEGATIVE she refused to give me a blood test even tho i showed her these.. that i took LAST NIGHT...
Mobile Uploads :: 1326755208.jpg picture by Brandi6088 - Photobucket
all she said is she doesnt know how reliable those are.. and to test again in TWO weeks..

sooo WTH?!?! what would you guys do???!!!
January 16th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's really nothing you can do. It sucks but they get the last word! Just wait another week, and test again. I would definitely not wait two weeks to test after getting two positives at home, but wait a week and if it still says positive then I think you are!!! I think it's safe to say you are pregnant but 4 W is too soon sometimes. We alllll have to wait. I know it's horrible waiting. I have to wait two weeks for my U/S and it's eating away at my brain. If I can wait, you can too! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
January 16th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Super Mommy
Find a different OB, because the one you have doesn't listen to what you want. It's not hard to order a blood test for you, and it would be an easy way to confirm if the pregnancy tests are accurate. You need a provider that listens to what you want and need.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 16th, 2012, 03:36 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Did you just find out you're pregnant? Cuz if so...that's probably why it showed up negative and why nothing showed on u/s. It may be just to early.

January 16th, 2012, 03:39 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
ya... and im bleeding... thats the whole reason i went in... =(
January 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Get a second opinion. Call another OB tomorrow.

January 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBeachSomewhere View Post
It's not hard to order a blood test for you, and it would be an easy way to confirm if the pregnancy tests are accurate.
I agree, it would not have been and insane idea to do a blood test. I wonder why they didn't.

I hope this works out for you and everything is where it should be!!
January 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
That's awful. The office I go to will do a blood test whether you had a positive HPT or not. As long as you think you might be pregnant, they will do the test. You could've gotten a negative for any number of reasons.
January 16th, 2012, 04:47 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I agree that you should find another OB. There's no harm in ordering BW. At 4 weeks, you will still show a negative if your urine is diluted and it wouldn't show anything on u/s other than your lining thickening up. It's too early for a gestational sac, even. If she's this dismissive to your concerns now, imagine how it'd be in later pregnancy. I'd go ahead and switch and see if they can get you in ASAP for BW. They can also follow up with another u/s next week to see if they can see the gestational sac. GL and KUP pn what you decide to do.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 16th, 2012, 05:25 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Just popping in b/c I'm too scared to join just yet!
Remember that most doctor's office test are not as sensitive as the ones we buy over the counter at the store. It sounds counter intuitive but that is often the way it is. So for instance you may have enough to register preggo on a store bought test, but not yet enough HCG to trigger the office's test in which the amt of HCG needed to turn the test positive might be as much as 2X or more higher. At 4 weeks nothing would really be seen on the u/s either....
I agree with the other ladies...if she isn't willing to do a relatively simple thing like send you for blood work then I'd question her ability to provide quality care throughout your pregnancy.
Do you have a general practitioner who you see for routine things like the flu or strep throat? Call them and ask them to write you a RX for bloodwork...

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 16th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with everyone else. I would be looking for a new doc.

January 16th, 2012, 05:57 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I agree with eveyone else in that you should find a different dr or just goto the ER.
January 16th, 2012, 06:13 PM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto everyone else's comments!
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
January 16th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Super Mommy
Heck.. I called my OB and said "I keep getting negative pregnancy tests, but I *feel* pregnant - I have symptoms!" and they ordered a blood test! (I was not pregnant, just anemic, lol).
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with everyone else, i'd find a new OB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amf4976 View Post
Hi! Just popping in b/c I'm too scared to join just yet!
Remember that most doctor's office test are not as sensitive as the ones we buy over the counter at the store. It sounds counter intuitive but that is often the way it is. So for instance you may have enough to register preggo on a store bought test, but not yet enough HCG to trigger the office's test in which the amt of HCG needed to turn the test positive might be as much as 2X or more higher. At 4 weeks nothing would really be seen on the u/s either....
I agree with the other ladies...if she isn't willing to do a relatively simple thing like send you for blood work then I'd question her ability to provide quality care throughout your pregnancy.
Do you have a general practitioner who you see for routine things like the flu or strep throat? Call them and ask them to write you a RX for bloodwork...
Oh my goodness, Congrats!!!! I'll be praying your little bean sticks this time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search