Rushing Things?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that I cannot be the only one who wants the first trimester to just be over with already! Right? I am 6 W & 4 D today! I have my first u/s in two weeks exactly! I am so impatient! Remember when we were all ttc and we analyzed everything, and two weeks was just WAY too long to wait? Well I have to go through this AGAIN. I hate waiting! I really want to see my lil peanut already! This is seriously going to be the longest tww of my life! I tried asking if I could come in earlier than 8 W & 4 D, but no luck! Oh well, I guess.
Who else can't stand the wait any longer?!
January 16th, 2012, 06:21 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm only 5 weeks along and my dr won't even let me make my first appointment yet Hoping I get to make it in the next couple weeks. With that being said, I'm trying to enjoy every second of this pregnancy. We have finally decided to have 1 LAST baby so I don't want to wish any of it away...it will go all to fast on it's own

January 16th, 2012, 06:22 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The first 10 week of pregnancy waiting to hear the heartbeat, worrying about m/c and the m/s are hard and then the last 10 weeks when I huge and miserable and cannont wait to meet the baby are hard but I love the 20 weeks between

[
January 16th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftsfromGod View Post
The first 10 week of pregnancy waiting to hear the heartbeat, worrying about m/c and the m/s are hard and then the last 10 weeks when I huge and miserable and cannont wait to meet the baby are hard but I love the 20 weeks between
January 16th, 2012, 07:09 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just so excited to get to twelve weeks! That is when we are planning to tell our friends and family
January 16th, 2012, 07:12 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I just can't wait to hear the heart beat feel the baby move and to see baby on ultrasound.
January 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I'll be 6 weeks and 4 days tomorrow and I also have my first u/s tomorrow. I guess it's because we did IUI, so they want to make sure everything is going well. I was told not to schedule my first OB appt till after my u/s. I have been looking forward to tomorrow for 2 weeks and now that it's almost here, I'm extremely nervous.
January 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I'm pretty ready to skip this whole sick & boring part lol. I'm ready to feel the baby kicking, big belly and all!

I have an U/S w/ my RE on Thursday @ 6w6d and then I'll make an appt with my OB.Fun times
January 16th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Super Mommy
Kangaroos are only pregnant for 33 days, then they just wear their babies for a few months. I wish I was a kangaroo.

Seriously, I hate being pregnant. I love the baby at the end, but that's all I'm going for. It's a means to an end. If I could get pregnant and have the baby a month later, I'd be ALL over that.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 16th, 2012, 08:12 PM
LOL That is hilarious. SandyBeachSomewhere. I am kind of the same way but I'm all the way with GirftsfromGod! I want to get past the whole sketchy part of the pregnancy (1st trimester) So I can look pregnant and not bloated. I want to wake up and feel my baby kick, I want to start planning the baby shower, and buy clothes! It's hard to wait, and correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like it's harder being a stay at home wife, because I sit here and think about everything while DH is at work. I think I'm going to get a part time job. I enrolled into college again. I am going to finish my degree in criminal justice instead of sitting at home all day. It's eating away at my brain. haha
January 16th, 2012, 08:28 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
The first trimester is always the longest for me, and the last one goes by entirely too quickly.

My first appt. isnt until 9 weeks. I think my chances of an u/s that day are zilch, although I might be able to get one within a couple weeks if I push the issue. I'm not even sure if they'll attempted the doppler at 9 weeks either. So there's a very good chance my first appointment won't even put my mind at ease

January 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE being pregnant so i feel i want to enjoy it and so no i'm not in too big of a rush for it to be over. I can't wait till i get a bump and feel baby moving The sickness/exhaustion i've been feeling lately i am excited to be done with though!

January 16th, 2012, 09:29 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do not like the first trimester. The risks, the sickness, the simple feeling of being "off"....I'm not a fan. I know all of that is still there for the rest of the pregnancy, but for me last time, the sickness decreased and was replaced by lots of other fun symptoms.

I'm not a big fan of being pregnant. I too wish we could be kangaroos.

January 16th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I am with you on skipping the first tri completely....get passed the sickness and worry of miscarriage. And of course the big ultrasound at 12 weeks always good too. Although with my past history my doc does a scan every time I see him.

January 16th, 2012, 11:00 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I loooove being pregnant, but could do without the 1st tri. I'm anxious for the big belly, feeling baby move, and being noticeably pregnant....

January 17th, 2012, 06:23 AM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
I'm right there with you. My first appointment isn't for another month and I don't even know if I get an u/s then
January 17th, 2012, 07:33 AM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
By the time I was 5 weeks, last time, I was puking every hour. Key tones were in my urine. I had hyperemesis. It was a living hell. By 7 weeks I had lost 30 pounds and was hospitalized. I'm scared as all hell!!!
I want to fast forward all the way up to the gender ultrasound.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 17th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Im glad everyone feels the same. The 1st tri is so boring. That's weird some of you don't get a u/s. I would be pissed if they didn't, but I know they are going to. I want to see my baby, find out what gender it is. (even though I am very certain it is a boy) I want March to be here. then I'll shut up.
January 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Veteran
Amen to being a kangaroo!

I'm so over feeling like poop. I'm sure as heck not glowing. Hoping the second trimester is better! Looking foward to ultrasounds is the only thing saving me right now.

However, I am enjoying spending endless hours researching strollers and nursery themes - something kangaroos don't get to do
January 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Super Mommy
With my first two babies I used the same OB, and the first ultrasound was at 20ish weeks. I ended up with more AFTER that, because of various slight troubles, but nothing before. I was actually shocked when I went to my OB (different doctor, same practice) for my third pregnancy and she did an ultrasound when I was about 7 weeks (it looked like the naked mole rat from Kim Possible). I assume I'll get another earlyish ultrasound this time, but my first appt won't be until I'm 6 weeks, and I won't even see the OB at that one. So we'll see!

But really, if I was a Kangaroo, I would just get an ultrasound every week, and it would about the same as getting one every couple months, right? I'd know the gender after only 33 days of being pregnant! Come on, how does that NOT sound better than this morning sickness / exhaustion / paranoia phase?!
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search