Boy Pregnancy VS Girl Pregnancy???

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 04:53 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
My first three pregnancies were really very similar, and I have three boys. I was a little more sick with my youngest son, but it wasn't any where near what I'm having now. For moms with both, were there any differences between your girl and boy pregnancies that clued you in? I am so severely sick right now so early on, that it makes me wonder if this could possibly be a girl? Just curious...share your experiences!!! I'm not getting my hopes up either way. I'd be just as delighted with a boy as I would a girl, so don't feel like you'd be giving me any false hope!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 16th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I could not ask for more.
Popping in from the May 2012 DDC. My first was a boy - with his pregnancy I was sick from week 7-14, threw up almost every day and smells got to me very badly. Then I never threw up again until I was in labor. My sex drive dwindled down to nothing. My hair was shiny and beautiful - I had the pregnancy glow. With this pregnancy - I'm having a girl, I was sick from week 6 and it hasn't let up completely. Around week 17ish I started feeling okay for a few days at a time and then I'd have one bad day. It's still going like that and I'm over 21 weeks! Smells didnt bug me as much this time around though. My sex drive has actually increased. My hair isn't shiny and beautiful nor do I think I have that pregnancy glow.

I highly recommend the Baking Soda predictor test... You pee a little bit in a cup then take about a teaspoon of baking soda and put it in the cup of pee.... If it fizzes like soda then it's a boy, if it doesn't fizz then it's a girl. I did this test 3 separate times with three different boxes of baking soda and all three came out girl...just what my ultrasound confirmed.

Last edited by Mommy2Aiden369; January 16th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
January 16th, 2012, 07:44 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
1st was a boy. I ate lots of spicy food, mashed potatoes and fried chicken. I felt pretty great. I got PIH at the end, and looking back at pictures, I gained a lot of water weight...total gain was around 35lbs.

2nd was a girl. I was sick as a dog forever it seems. I ate lots of sweets. I only gained 20lbs.

This one I'm feeling relatively well and am scarfing meat and spicy things. I'm inclined to think boy, based on my first pregnancy...but there's something telling me maybe it's a girl and the symptoms don't have anything to do with gender. Ahhh...I don't know

January 16th, 2012, 08:09 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All three of my pregnancies have been quite different. The one thing I have noticed is that with my boys I didn't get a bfp until 14dpo but with my girl I got it at 11dpo. This time I didn't get a positive until 14dpo so I am thinking its another boy. Guess we'll find out.

[
January 16th, 2012, 08:42 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my girl pregnancies I had little sex drive, bad acne, and craved salty, spicey foods.

With my boy pregnancy I had an up-tick in sex drive, clear glowing skin, and craved sweets and meat.

So, yeah. Mine have been different between genders. With all of my pregnancies I've been lucky not to have bad nausea. They get better each pregnancy, so it doesn't mean anything for me which sex it is vs how nauseous I am.

This time my skin cleared up about the time I found out I was pregnant, but so far I've been craving BOTH sweets and salty foods! Maybe it's twins? lol

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

January 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only had a boy.
I had hyperemesis with him the whole 9 months. Hospitalized 4 times.
GOD I HOPE I DON'T GET IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

My MIL only got hyperemesis with her boy, not the 2 girls.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 17th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Stalking from the TTC board I only have a boy but with him I was soooo sick from a 2 wks before I test up until about 13wks. Everyone kept telling me it was a girl because of that but he wasn't I wanted burgers, spicy food, cheese and milk! And I had High blood pressure that wasn't diagnosed until I was 28wks so I gained ALOT of water weight!
January 17th, 2012, 06:23 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
With my boys I only had a big baby belly late in pregnancy.

With my daughter my butt got pregnant! lol!

Last edited by NYCgirl; January 17th, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
January 17th, 2012, 06:31 AM
I have one of each. Was sicker in the beginning with my son, sick the whole time with my daugther, but they were pretty similar pregnancies all in all...
January 17th, 2012, 06:34 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my first 2 were boys and I craved pineapple and hot dogs. I wasn't ever sick per se, but I felt nauseated all day long and I had to eat all the time.

my 3rd no idea what it was, but I didn't have much m/s but I craved root beer floats like they were going out of style I also has a bit of acne.

this time so far a little bit of acne, no m/s, no cravings, or food aversions. this have me Extremely worried. Other than being tired I have no symptoms. Oh and heartburn in the middle of the night.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 17th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Thanks for all the input, ladies!!! Everyone was sure I was having a girl with my youngest because after having no m/s at all with my first two, I did have some here and there with him. But, after 14 or so weeks, it was very similar to the first 2. The sickness and complete food aversion that I'm having now is nothing I've ever experienced at all. I know it could mean something or nothing at all, LOL. I was just curious. Besides the fatigue, sickness, and food aversions, I'm also getting headaches, backaches, bad breakouts, and heartburn already. All of those are new to me in pregnancy, too, especially this early. Part of me is wondering if this is a girl, and the other part of me is wondering if it could be twins?! Dh would probably pass out in the u/s room if we find out it's twins, LOL!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 17th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I only have a girl but I was sick from the beginning to 20 weeks...so far no m/s so I'm wondering if its a boy...I know every pregnancy is different though, but my mind can't help going there!
January 17th, 2012, 07:09 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you posted this! I've been wondering about other peoples experiences with girls vs. boys. With my son i only felt nauseous when i was hungry so as long as i always had something in my stomach i was good. This time i'm nauseous regardless, before i eat and afterwards. I was able to eat practically anything with my son other than burgers and fries in the beginning made me feel sick. This time fast food and sweets is about all i can stomach! I've been thinking its a girl not only because of the different symptoms but i have a feeling it is so we'll see if i'm right, i was with my son.

January 17th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Krista, that's exactly how I was with my youngest. I was only sick if I waited too long to eat and I could eat whatever I wanted. Right now, it doesn't matter when or how often I eat, I'm sick before, during, and after. Absolutely nothing sounds good to eat. All I want to do is sleep because that's the only relief I get from the nausea. I normally have a pretty big sweet tooth, and I have completely lost it. Even my favorite, chocolate, makes me gag at the thought. We will see in a few more weeks, right?

January 17th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Veteran
With my DD I was sick all the time, looked horrible, felt horrible. Lost my sweet tooth (actually became a vanilla fan lol). I craved spicy and veggies and MEAT. My butt got huge and my nose got fat lol.

With DS I was hardly sick at all, My face didn't break out, I looked awesome lol. Couldn't tell I was pregnant until I turned around and you seen my giant belly. I gained about the same with both, just carried it differently.

Both of my pregnancies were totally different. And here with this one I am feeling a bit like with DD
January 17th, 2012, 07:44 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I only have a son, but I was sick all throughout my first trimester with him and then didn't get sick again till I was in labor. A simple smell would make me sick. This time around, so far, I have only felt a tiny bit sick twice, but it went away without a problem.

My mom has 5 kids (3 girls, 2 boys) and didn't get sick with any of us, so take that for what it's worth.
January 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Super Mommy
I think pregnancies will change with age too. I was 21 when I had my daughter, and got so sick i went to the hospital. And craved fruit. All the time! I was almost 25 when i had my son and got much sicker with him. I had hyper emisis, and was in the hospital every week. And my face broke out Soooo badly with him. I'll be 29 when this one is born, and I have been a little queezy at night, but haven't thrown up and im 6 1/2 weeks. I've read the older u get the better your chances are of not having m/s. But who knows. I carried my DS very high, and my DS very low, so that was different. Oh, & she was always on my left. He preferred my right side.

That should say i carried my DD very high, not my son. Oh and I craved Mexican with him.
January 17th, 2012, 09:10 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgirl View Post
With my boys I only had a big baby belly late in pregnancy.

With my daughter my butt got pregnant! lol!
January 17th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a strong feeling this is a boy. More cramping and a lot more nausea, I did not have it this early with my DD.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy For my beautiful siggie!

January 17th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain19Cash20 View Post
I've read the older u get the better your chances are of not having m/s. But who knows.
I'm going the opposite direction of what I should be, then, LOL!!! With my first 2 at 25 and 27, I wasn't sick at all, with my third at 29, I was sick every once in a while...this is my 4th at 31 and I'm sick as a dog!!! That's soooo not fair!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search