facebook group

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Is there a facebook group for the sept 12 mommas??
January 16th, 2012, 07:23 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope not facebook groups have been the death of other forums I visit

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 16th, 2012, 07:23 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I would caution against creating one until after our babies are here. Boards tend to swiftly die once a FB group is created, although in the chaos that comes with a new baby, FB is sometimes easier to check-in with the group than coming here....

January 16th, 2012, 07:26 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post
I would caution against creating one until after our babies are here. Boards tend to swiftly die once a FB group is created, although in the chaos that comes with a new baby, FB is sometimes easier to check-in with the group than coming here....
I agree. I also think it is a little easier to get to know people in a JM forum at first.

[
January 16th, 2012, 08:25 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree. I think we should wait until we know people here before creating a FB group....

January 16th, 2012, 08:39 PM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
Since the Message board I came from had that problem I hope JM doesn't because I love active message boards. I'm thrilled I found JM and how active it is.

January 17th, 2012, 07:55 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have noticed that the boards i'm a part of get really slow once a FB group is created. Not necessarily bad, as long as they stay connected on FB and are ok with that. I agree on waiting until the babes are born before creating one.

Most DDCs will slow down A LOT once the babies are born. There are often times a lot of people who stop posting or rarely post.

January 17th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
Not that I think this DDC is full of psycho stalkers, but I'd rather get to know y'all a little better before handing out my full name and life story.

I think JM groups die once the Facebook version exists because more people prefer Facebook, and the groups are usually private. As it stands, everything we put on this public version of the PR is visible to everyone to the whole world, and that makes me less inclined to share personal details and tidbits, ya know?

Then there is the private room that every PR gets, which I've never been a fan of. It's like a party inside a party, and people always feel left out, snubbed, or otherwise mistreated. I think the private groups cause more tension than the Facebook groups.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with getting to know each other better before creating a FB group. I love my FB PR group with my daughter--it's much easier for me to access than JM because I can access on my phone. JM should get an app!

January 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I am not a huge fan of fb groups tbh, fb is personal and private to me. I look more forward to getting to know you ladies in here
January 17th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, great idea to wait on that till later.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
January 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
MarineQueen's Avatar Veteran
I agree to wait till babies are here as well, by then, we'll know each other a lot better & like JulieMc said that its easier to check in with each other on FB when we're busy. (And we'll all be very busy after our babies are here!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search