Am I the only one?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2012, 09:31 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who is eating horribly?? I feel bad because with my son i ate so healthy through the whole pregnancy. I ate more fruits and veggies than i ever have and the second i found out i was pregnant I was so motivated to eat well for him. This is not at all the case this time!! Even before i was nauseous i didn't feel like healthy food but now I can't stomach it. The only things i can eat and not feel sick afterwards are salty things like chips, crackers are ok too, sour candy, fries, chicken burgers, ice cream, pizza, etc. Ok! So now i get it! I never understood how pregnant women could eat all that junk. I always thought "why wouldn't they want to eat healthy since they are pregnant after all?" and never understood it. Until now. I supposed there are some women who really do just pig out and not care at all but now i see there are often times other reasons.

Please tell me i'm not the only one eating like this!?

January 17th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
SAme here! Exactly! And I am beating myself up over it, I need to just do the best I can, baby will be fine.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy For my beautiful siggie!

January 17th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
You aren't the only one. I was going to buy strawberries yesterday because they were on sale, but I couldn't even stand the smell of them. I tried to eat an orange with my breakfast, and the taste was just way to overpowering for me. I haven't been eating a ton of junk, but I don't really like junk foods. My "junk" foods have been popcorn, pickles, cheese sticks, and baked potatoes. Lol.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is there any way you can try the whole grain crackers/chips or sweet potato fries as a bit of a healthier alternative?
And I think pizza is pretty healthy, but rather than buying from the store maybe you can make it yourself? I mean, you have your dairy (cheese), veggies (tomato sauce), carbs (crust), and if you don't do a veggie topping then you get your protein with the meat

I've actually been wanting the healthier stuff and got sick from eating a bit of chocolate Chocolate milk has been fantastic, but candy and sweets are not my friend (and I normally have such a great sweet tooth!)

Maybe by the second trimester things will go back to normal and you can get more healthy foods in your diet But at least you're eating now and not completely repulsed by all food in general.

January 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
dont beat yourself up. The first several weeks are hard when you can only stomach a few things..... the baby is getting all the nutriets he/she needs from you, so really it's just you that is actually being deprived

I'm sure once your hormones level out and get past the morning sickness, you'll be able to eat healthy again!

January 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I'm really hoping it gets better toward the 2nd trimester! I have made homemade pizza and can also stomach mexican food like enchiladas but not sure that's actually considered healthy.

January 17th, 2012, 09:58 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
one thing I can't get enough of is oranges and clementines. But the other food group I love is pizza - lol

I've been trying to eat better, but like today and yesterday I was feeling a little "yuck" so I made a bagel, and now I want to eat like 3 more bagels!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 17th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Super Mommy
Uh.... No, not at aaalll. I'm only eating 100% organic whole foods. I grow all my own fruits and vegetables, and raise my own cattle so I know it's totally pure. Yep, that's exactly what I do.

*finished off her 20oz mountain dew and double cheeseburger*

I'm a healthy eating MACHINE!
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBeachSomewhere View Post
Uh.... No, not at aaalll. I'm only eating 100% organic whole foods. I grow all my own fruits and vegetables, and raise my own cattle so I know it's totally pure. Yep, that's exactly what I do.

love it lol
January 17th, 2012, 10:24 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are not alone. I have been eating terribly too! Unfortunately, all of the healthy stuff seems to be making me feel nauseous I am trying my best, but it is difficult. I am sure that it will get easier the next few weeks.

Ashley
Ashley
January 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBeachSomewhere View Post

Bahahaha!!!!

I feel so bad, too, because I'm generally a healthy eater, pregnant or not. Now, there's barely anything I can stomach! At this point, I'm worried about just eating enough for me and baby period. I think the fact that you're able to get food and calories down, even if it's not the healthiest right now, is a good thing. I'm just trying to eat what I can and pick things with somewhat healthy qualities when I can. There are good days and bad days. Today I could only get down some chicken noodle soup...not the healthiest thing out there.

Some days I can choke down a smoothie, others it goes down no problem, which is strange because I've completely lost my sweet tooth, but I can handle that. Maybe give it a try? That way you're cramming fruits, dairy, and protein in one drink. I'm doing 1/2c plain nonfat yogurt (although you can use the lowfat or whole milk kind to up the calories and fat), 1/2c skim milk, and then 1/4c strawberries, 1/4c blueberries, and 1/4c blackberries. I used to add a half a banana in, but the smell of them makes me sick right now. I also try to choke down several raw baby carrots a day (sometimes with ranch to up the calories) and some greens, either spinach or broccoli. Although the thought of the green veggies somedays in intolerable (like yesterday) so I try not to beat myself up over it. And when I say choke the veggies down, it's kind of literal.

All you can do is do the best you can where you're at, KWIM? Hopefully, you'll feel better in the second tri and you can jump back into your healthy eating.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been trying to eat healthy, otherwise I get really bloated, but for lunch I had pizza and cake at work, since that's what they served during a working lunch LOL

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
January 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I pretty much eat when/where I want Oh wait, not just with pregnancy.. always.. lol!!!
January 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Glad to hear i'm not alone! Katie- It sounds like you're doing much better than me with forcing yourself to eat veggies! I will have to try the smoothie. I LOVE smoothies but for some reason never think about making my own.

January 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I'm not really eating healthy... I eat what I can stomach and what I crave.

January 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's not so much that I'm eating unhealthy. I'm just not eating very much. I'm not hungry.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
MarineQueen's Avatar Veteran
I've been craving fruits/veggies. I've been eating 2 oranges for breakfast or making fruit smoothies & I ate an entire large avocado for a snack today!

SandyBeachSomewhere, that's amazing! I wish I had garden/farm too!
January 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I have been having a hard time eating in general nothing sounds good or tastes good.
January 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
mrs.a's Avatar Kelly
Oh my goodness.. I ate a bite of a banana on my way to school this morning, and I almost puked. I think that was the beginning of my morning sickness.

My little "Spartacus"

Please vote on my baby names! If it says "this list is set to private", just try hitting refresh. Thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search