hard time eating

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
today I felt like crap most of the day, and I have to force myself to eat, but once I get started it is all I want.

well other than the cereal I had this morning which made the heartburn significantly worse. The bagel I had today tasted like 2 more. But I had to force myself to eat the one the thought of it was nauseating.

I made chilli for dinner, but again the thought of it grosses me out.

Luckily DH is taking me to taco bell which sounds so much better!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 17th, 2012, 01:53 PM
MarineQueen's Avatar Veteran
Aha! The pregnancy back & forth from starvation to can't look at a thing has begun! Were you like this with the boys?
January 17th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I don't remember being this way, I either didn't want it, or couldn't eat if I tried.

now I can eat it, I just don't want to! LOL

Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 17th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm having the same issue Ami. Occasionally I want to just pig out on something (it was sherbert last night), but in general, the thought of food makes me want to puke. And I'm a big girl, I like to eat! (LoL). I've found if you just snack a little here and there it's a little easier. Like this morning I had 1/2 bag of oatmeal, and then a couple hours later some fruit, then some pretzels, then a few bites of chicken sandwich.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
January 17th, 2012, 04:42 PM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I feel like I've been pigging out today and I never feel full. This is the first day that has happened. I don't know if it's because I've been able to overcome a lot of my anxiety, but all I want to do it eat.

Up until today, I've been eating 2 meals a day and a snack. Today I've had two meals and 3 snacks and I can still eat more.
January 17th, 2012, 05:45 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Oh, Ami, I know what you mean. I just have to choke most anything down, but I still don't want to eat even when I get started. I'm also struggling to keep stuff down. I hope I have a couple of pig out days in my near future!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Regular
This is the first time I am experiencing this it bitter sweet for me because I dont want to gain more than 15 pounds this pregnancy so my diet lately consist of saltine crackers water or ginger ale I cant stomach anything else
January 17th, 2012, 06:25 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Eating seems like such a chore. I already had the appetite of a pregnant woman with still nursing my daughter, and actually being pregnant on top of nursing has only made it worse. I have to force myself to eat, at minimum 2,500 calories a day, but 3,000 is more like what I need....less than that and I'm losing weight and feeling super lightheaded and sick. But ugh, that takes so much food and effort..and with a 2yr. old and a 1 yr. old its difficult at times.

January 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eating has become like that for me as well.

I feel hungry, but then eating makes me feel like I want to gag. And don't even talk about eating meat, or I will be repulsed.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this stage of pregnancy. I do find that eating frequently, eating fruity tasting, cold stuff helps.

January 17th, 2012, 10:12 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Amy- glad to see you in here-- we both had our losses at the same time (ectopic here). I'm not feeling like that yet, but I remember having a hard time eating with my first pregnancy!

January 18th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJTKNT View Post
Hey Amy- glad to see you in here-- we both had our losses at the same time (ectopic here). I'm not feeling like that yet, but I remember having a hard time eating with my first pregnancy!
Congrats!!! I hope this is your sticky bean!!!!

January 18th, 2012, 08:05 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm right there with ya! Speaking of bagels, i craved them so much the first 2 weeks (specifically veggie cream cheese). The other day i went to eat it and only had a few bits before having to throw it away. *sigh*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search