Baby Stuff: What will you need for this baby?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What stuff will you need for this baby?

We will need....

another crib
newborn cloth diapers. The ones I used for my son sucked. I'm re-selling them.
A double stroller
highchair

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 17th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
Errr, EVRYTHING!!
We went team green with our first baby and since I carried the pregnancy only to my 27week I didn't get to buy anything except for a set of bodysuits. But all our friends are dying to give us tons of baby stuff we just need to deliver the owner

January 18th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Everything too...kidlet is 6 now and we gave everything we had away after the last miscarriage almost two years ago. Although I am actually excited to start over, more interesting things available this time around. And obviously I know better now what we will actually need lol

January 18th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
It depends. If it is a girl then we will need clothes. If it is a boy we wont need much. I do want to buy a few things, but they aren't really things that I will need. Pretty much just things that I want.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 18th, 2012, 04:15 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need everything since this is number 1 I can't wait to do my registry! My mom will definitely be helping with that since I am clueless about what I need!

January 18th, 2012, 04:29 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
only a few things

I want to get:

a moby wrap
my breastfriend nursing pillow
swing (that you plug in!)
play mat - something I can put down on the floor and not have to worry about vacuuming up the dog hair every time I out the baby down
mobile (maybe)
New Car seat - the old one expired
and a jumperoo

of course diapers and nursing pads

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 18th, 2012, 04:52 AM
cowgirl_mommy's Avatar <3 waiting on blessing #3
After baby #2 turned 1 I got rid of of anything and everything infant. So for this one I'm starting over. Ill need everything from the bottle to the crib. but I'm excited to be "starting over"
January 18th, 2012, 04:55 AM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
We have a crib, but we will need a new mattress because DD is using the one from the crib in her toddler bed. We have a swing, walker (exasaucer), car seat is still good, stroller we don't need bc the one we have we barely used, pack n play. This time I would love to have a changing table, I would love to get a Medela breast pump, I want to try cloth, I was planning on doing it with DD but we didn't have enough for the diapers to buy as many as we needed to start and I didn't have time to try and make then either. I want to buy some and try and make some too this time around. Oh also I need a new bath tub. The one I had for DD I got rid of because she hated it and it was a hand me down. So I would like to get a better one this time around. Then depending on what we're having, clothes. If it's a girl we are pretty much set on clothes. if it's a Boy we need clothes. Oh I also need to get the newborn insert for my Ergo baby carrier since when I got it DD was out of that already so I didn't get it when I ordered it.

Right now that's all I can think of atm.

January 18th, 2012, 05:07 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
If it's a girl: Everything.

Boy: Everything but some newborn clothes and a bopy.

A friend of mine has already offered me her tan swing since her son hated it and never used it.
January 18th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Super Mommy
basically everything.

Gonna try and move my youngest to the crib we have so that her pack-n-play is available for Noob. And we don't really do swings and play mats.

I need clothes, a car seat, might need a high chair, thinking about trying the Bumbo this time... I guess that's it. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to baby items.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 18th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Veteran
I still have a handfull of things from DS. But either way I will need clothes (more if its a girl) , I have to check the exersaucer and swing and see what shape they are in. New tubing and stuff for my pump, a few bottles, bouncer.

Ok here is the stuff I have from DS:

2 pack and plays
bumbo
carseat
blankets
some clothes
exersaucer
swing
nursing bras and tanks (but I need new, cause those babies are super STRETCHED out

I think thats all I still have. I know I will get some clothes from my sis if its a girl, and newborn diapers that my little neice grew out of ( shes just so cute and squishy and getting so big) , But im not sure about all the other stuff
January 18th, 2012, 06:30 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Let's see, after 3 boys, that's easy!!! If this is another boy....NOTHING! If it's a girl...EVERYTHING!!!! LOL.

In all seriousness though, the only major thing we'll need is a new carrier carseat and a new nursery theme/bedding (we do a different one for each, no matter the gender). We are good in neutral colors on all the bigger items. If it's a girl, we'll just need clothes, shoes, more clothes, and more shoes, LOL!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 18th, 2012, 06:38 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I pretty much have everything for either gender now (having 4 kids in under 5 years will do that) So we have tons of clothes, diapers, and all the major baby items.

The only thing that I am wanting to buy is a co sleeper bassinet. The bassinet I have used with the last three kids was used when I got it and it has seen better days and I know I would really prefer a cosleeper to put right next to our bed but I think that is really the only purchase we need to make for this baby.

ETA: Oh and eventually when she moves to the crib we'll need a new crib mattress but that won't be until 6-8 months.

[

Last edited by GiftsfromGod; January 18th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
January 18th, 2012, 06:39 AM
MarineQueen's Avatar Veteran
If it's a girl, nothing!

If it's a boy, everything except the crib & breast-pump.
January 18th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MnAngel Send a message via MSN to MnAngel Send a message via Yahoo to MnAngel
If boy we will need all new clothes , crib and car seat, if girl it will be a crib and some clothes and of course bottles.

January 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything!! This is our first. It is kind of overwhelming

Ashley
Ashley
January 18th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If its a girl, only a double stroller.

If its a boy, a double stroller, crib bedding, and clothes.
January 18th, 2012, 08:00 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh yeah - I guess I'll need some clothes if it is a girl, but I think I can make a girl rock some boys clothes with enough bows! LOL

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our big stuff is gender neutral (so glad I decided to do that last time!) so if we have boy, I'll just need clothes and new bedding.

For a girl, nothing!! She'll be in the same season clothing as Bella (score!!)

Either way, we'll need a nursery furniture because we'll convert Bella's to the full size bed and use her mattress for the new baby.

January 18th, 2012, 09:20 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got a double stroller on craigslist the other day. Super good deal!!

I want to get a baby k'tan this time around.

And if it's a girl we'll need clothes.

Plus I need some nursing bras and shirts and some work maternity clothes.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search