How long are you waiting...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Super Mommy
to tell people?

DH and I decided we will only tell his and my parents when we see them next and not tell anyone else (not even brothers and sisters) until we find out the sex of the baby. We have 3 amazing boys so we constantly get the "are you going to try for a girl?" (because we totally have a say in the matter-insert sarcasm here lol) questions, comments and suggestions and I want to avoid that. After we find out I will be announcing to all my friends and family that I'm pregnant, it's a ___, and we are done having kids... that will hopefully avoid the questions and remarks lol.

January 18th, 2012, 07:15 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we told my parents, I didn't want to tell them yet, but seeing as how my father is gravely ill and may pass I decided to go a head and tell my mom, she told my dad, but we don't know if he actually heard her or not.

Anyway, I won't be telling the inlaws until after my u/s and we will wait till we can get all of them in the same room. So it could be a while.

I'll make an announcement on FB sometime after 12 weeks.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 18th, 2012, 07:17 AM
MarineQueen's Avatar Veteran
That's a good idea! It would definately avoid all that drama from people!

We're going to wait as long as possible, & surprise everyone possibly on Easter! (I have to see when it is this year!)
January 18th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Super Mommy
I told a few of my close friends, and of course some people on the internet, but that's it. We won't be telling our families for a while because we're a little bit afraid to, and that means we can't tell some friends because they can't keep a secret. We'll probably spill the official beans around 12-20 weeks.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 18th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
3 of our 8 parents know (both DH and my parents are divorced and remarried) and my sister, and 2 friends. I'm waiting for the ultrasound on Jan 27th until we tell the rest of the family. FB will be announced sometime after 12 weeks

January 18th, 2012, 07:39 AM
cowgirl_mommy's Avatar <3 waiting on blessing #3
Well we've told the DH mom, dad & sister and my sister, but everyone else we plan on telling once the first trimester is over and I might wait till 16 to 18 weeks bc that's when my DR usually allows us to find out the sex. I told with my son at exactly 8weeks, and my daughter I waited till 12 weeks and told everyone at our wedding reception
January 18th, 2012, 12:32 PM
squiligi's Avatar Veteran
I've told everyone. My job deals with xray and cement fumes so work had to know and there aren't any secrets there
January 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just tell whoever I want (close friends and family, and some people on the internet who have no connection to anyone else I know IRL) . My thinking is that if something does happen, I'd rather have people to grieve with than feel like I need to deal with it all alone.

Last edited by MJTKNT; January 18th, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
January 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
We will likely be telling people this weekend!! (close friends and family)
January 18th, 2012, 12:52 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have only told one person so far (DH twin brother). I am planning to tell one of my sisters in the area the next time I see her. We haven't decided for sure when we will tell our parents but it will be soon. Then we'll wait to make the announcement to everyone else after we hear the heartbeat (usually 9-10 weeks)

I think a lot of people will be surprised because they assumed after we had our girl that we were done so I'm sure we'll get some comments but oh well that's life

[
January 18th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't keep a secret, but I'm going to try and wait until my 7 week ultrasound in a few weeks. I've told three close friends and my parents. My mother-in-law's birthday is this weekend, so I'm going to dress my youngest son in a Big Brother t-shirt and see how long it takes for her to notice.

January 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I told my family and a couple friends. We're waiting to tell DH's family and everyone else until after the u/s since we don't trust them to keep a secret. I won't announce it on FB for awhile, probably in the 2nd tri. With my DS we waited until 12 weeks to tell anyone and i wanted to tell sooner this time

January 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyjoys View Post
I can't keep a secret, but I'm going to try and wait until my 7 week ultrasound in a few weeks. I've told three close friends and my parents. My mother-in-law's birthday is this weekend, so I'm going to dress my youngest son in a Big Brother t-shirt and see how long it takes for her to notice.
That is how we told DH's parents when I was PG with DS #2 and it took like seconds lol.

I suck at keeping secrets too but I have a history of m/c (one just in Dec) so I try to keep it to a small group and mainly just to people who understand like my mom... to help me keep the secret, I've told my best friend... she actually knew before DH since DH was at work and didn't call me until the afternoon and I couldn't wait that long to talk about it lol.

Those with kids... how long do you wait to tell them?

January 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to 3 boys View Post

Those with kids... how long do you wait to tell them?
We'll wait to tell them until we announce to everyone (so after we hear the heartbeat) because otherwise my 4yr would spill the beans (he was awful at Christmas with presents walking up to people and saying "I'm not telling you it's ____ it's a secret") Our 2 1/2yr old and 14 month old won't really understand right now.

[

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search