This baby hates me

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Super Mommy
I drank a mountain dew the other day, and I got sick. So I was like "that's cool.. I'll just drink diet dew." I still got sick. And then I was like "well... I can drink diet coke. That'll do." And again.. nope. No soda for Kes. I know some of you are like "that's EASY!" but let me tell you.. I've been addicted to dew since the SEVENTH GRADE my friends. I now have three kids under five, and only one of them naps. That same one is the only one that sleeps more than three consecutive hours at night. I'm so screwed.

I'd let to dedicate the following, mostly plagerized poem, to Mountain Dew.

How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you
If you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive
Without you by my side?

Oh, Mountain Dew:
can't you see I'm in misery
We made a start now were apart
There's nothing left for me
Love has flown all alone
I sit and wonder why-yi-yi-yi
Why, you left me oh Mountain Dew.

Dear Noob in my uterus,
This is NOT a good start to our relationship.
Love,
Your caffeine deprived, and therefore partially insane, mother.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 18th, 2012, 03:52 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are too much!

So does caffeine help you get energy while preggo? I ask because i give it up completely. I've wondered whether it would actually make a difference since you're just so darn beat all the time? (especially if you're sticking to the recommended amount I mean)

January 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I completely agree with you when you say you're screwed, lol. I've given up caffeine cold because I'm determined to have this child be less hyper than my son.
January 18th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL! That's hilarious.

I try to stay at the recommended level...I have it figured out with all my drinks . I drink a lot of caffeine so if I quit cold turkey I would throw myself and this baby into withdrawals...

January 18th, 2012, 04:35 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
I am with you on that, I have to have my dr.pepper everyday. While pregnant I do only have one but sometimes I had two while pregnant with ds. I hope in a week or so the baby lets you try again.
January 18th, 2012, 05:00 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Ashley
Ashley
January 18th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_love View Post
So does caffeine help you get energy while preggo? I ask because i give it up completely. I've wondered whether it would actually make a difference since you're just so darn beat all the time? (especially if you're sticking to the recommended amount I mean)
It doesn't feel as effective as when I'm not pregnant, since a lot of the tired feeling is hormonal and not physical. If taking a nap won't make me feel less tired, then neither will caffeine. But it does help a bit, since at lease part of my chronic exhaustion is life related. I do always stay within the limits though - a 20oz mountain dew has 91mg of caffeine, so I drink two of those a day I'm way under the limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauriemmo View Post
I completely agree with you when you say you're screwed, lol. I've given up caffeine cold because I'm determined to have this child be less hyper than my son.
You know, I've thought about it. People say they gave up caffeine and I'm like "Pshaw. I drank loads of caffeine in all my pregnancies and my kids are perfectly fine! Except they never sleep.. or potty train. Hmmm...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantastic27 View Post
I try to stay at the recommended level...I have it figured out with all my drinks . I drink a lot of caffeine so if I quit cold turkey I would throw myself and this baby into withdrawals...
Aha! Yes! Perfect excuse. I have to drink caffeine even after I find out I'm pregnant otherwise "the baby" would go into withdrawal! Actually, I just think my womb-graduated children and overly loving and tolerant husband would be the ones who suffered unimaginably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmomtoEthan View Post
I am with you on that, I have to have my dr.pepper everyday. While pregnant I do only have one but sometimes I had two while pregnant with ds. I hope in a week or so the baby lets you try again.
I may not last that long.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
MarineQueen's Avatar Veteran
You are soo funny!!!

Well, hopefully, this will pass soon & you can drink your MD again!
January 18th, 2012, 05:44 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I am soooo sorry! I can totally relate, because I was nearly in tears when my daily mocha just about made me puke, and has each and every time I've tried to add it back in. Booo....I hope this was just a one day thing for you!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search