Pets

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 06:46 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Do you have any??

We have 2 dogs, Gwen and Bailey! Gwen is a long haired Daschund, and Bailey is a Maltipoo!!
January 18th, 2012, 06:48 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an orange tabby cat. He's a PITA, but we love him.

I love dachshunds. I grew up with one, and then a mini-dachshund that I gave to my sister when my daughter was born. She got very jealous/possessive of me and I was afraid she was going to hurt my baby.

January 18th, 2012, 07:10 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a black lab/german shepherd mix. She's getting old (just turned 10 which is getting up there for a big dog) but is a sweetie and is so good with the kids (let's them crawl on her, pull ears, tail etc) I've had her since before I was married.

[
January 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have two dogs. A Boston terrier (Chloe) and a French bulldog (Charlie). Charles was my Christmas present when DS was 6 months old-- I don't recommend getting a new puppy, mid winter, with a 6 month old! BUT- his price was right, he was perfectly healthy, super cute, and my "dream dog."

We had two Boston's when DS was born, but the day we brought him home from the hospital, we had had so much family up that someone forgot to latch the gate, and when DH let them out, one got hit by a car. Chloe was gone for 6 hours before someone came carrying her up to our door in their arms. She was totally fine- just overheated...and was so depressed for so long to have lost her partner, that it seemed like she really needed Charlie.

January 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Parker'sMommy's Avatar Veteran
OMG MJTKNT...that is the saddest story every!! I am so sorry!! Boston's are my favorite. I have 1 male that is 6 years old and is a rescue. I adore that little dog. And we have 3 German Shepherds that are an absolute handful. Most days I hate my life with the dogs...we got in way over our heads...but we made a commitment when we got them all and can't turn them away now.

*************Thank you to Claire1979 for my awesome siggy!!**************

January 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I have 3 cats: Roxy, Jasper, and Ashes. I also have a dog, Apache, he's 11 and a Shiba Inu/Shar Pei. My DH has a ginormous salt water fish tank.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
January 18th, 2012, 09:53 PM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
We have 3 dogs. Ally, a black lab/chow mix, Jen who's a golden mix and Barley who's our little Yorkie. He's really my daughters dog. He just follows her around everywhere.

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
January 18th, 2012, 10:23 PM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
We have 7 cats. We did have 8 but a little over a year ago we had to put one to sleep because he was very sick and wasn't getting any better

January 19th, 2012, 04:28 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've got 2 labs, Remington is black and 8 years old, Winchester is Chocolate and 9 years old.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 19th, 2012, 04:44 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have 3 girlies at home
--Tucker, a 10 yr old Shepherd/Rottie mix who was my sweet 16 birthday present
--Chester, a 6 yr old Shepherd/Lab mix, who was a Christmas present from my parents
aaaaaaand Baxter, my 1 yr old Shelti/Pomeranian little psycho. DH and I got her last January since I wasn't getting pregnant and she was SUCH a steal! She looks like a little fox really

I have NO idea what any of them will do when baby arrives, which really worries me. I think Tucker may run away from him/her because she usually does that with little kids. The other 2 haven't been around kids but I have a feeling they will protect and love the baby like they protect and love me (and I think Baxter will love the idea that something is her size...not that that stops her from annoying the other 2 dogs )

January 19th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we have a pitbull (10 years old) named Lovey. She's a rescue and the sweetest dog ever (the shelter named her because it's what she is....a lovebug!)

January 19th, 2012, 05:44 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
We have two calico cats, Tinker and Bell. They are both 9 years.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
January 19th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
We have two cats. Their names were originally Hawkeye and BJ. Then my dd decided to rename them. She was about 3 at the time. Now Hawkeye is baby kitty, and BJ is Tail Kitty.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a cat named Albert. He showed up on our porch starving to death, so we let him in and he has been driving us nuts since.

January 19th, 2012, 08:34 AM
We have a 5yr old lab/irish setter mix (we think). We were told her mother was a longhaired dachshund when we got her. She now weighs about 70lbs. so we are thinking her mother probably wasn't a dachshund. She was recently diagnosed with a thyroid issue which explains the higher weight to some extent. DH and I got her when she was 6 weeks old, so she is our first baby! Hoping she will respond well to a human baby in the house!
January 19th, 2012, 08:58 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We have a sweet nearly 7 year old husky and lab mix named Dixie. She's so great with the boys and so very protective of them, too. She's such a blessing to our family.

Also, we "have" a beautiful grey cat named Isabelle. But, it's actually a very funny story, because while "she's" not actually ours, our boys are convinced she's" their cat. Isabelle belongs to our neighbors, but spends the majority of the time at our house, even making a home under our house as well as welcoming "her"self in the house whenever the front door's open. We don't mind, and at this point, DH and I consider Isabelle ours, too, because we take the most care of sweet Belle. Anyways, my oldest, out of the blue, started calling the cat Isabelle when he was about 2 and it stuck...turns out Isabelle is actually a boy named Smokey (what our neighbors named him) but we just stick with Isabelle or Belle. We don't have the heart to tell the boys their cat is a boy and change "her" name on them...
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 19th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have quite a few "pets"," some that are not your standard pets!
We have Luis, an 8 year old Corgi Shepherd mix that I have had since she was a puppy. She is a great dog and super with our daughter.
Murphy, is a 4 year old lab, terrier mix that was our 1st Anniversary gift to each other.

Then we have 6 horses. Lolly, Nigel, Rialto and Crimson are Arabians. Daisy is a paint and Devon is my daughters pony. They are great horses and definitely part of the family!

January 19th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2 cats - they are brother and sister, 5 year old, gray and white and we've had them since they were 5 weeks old.
We used to have a dachshund before the cats and she was 13 when she died. It was really unexpected and sad.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
January 19th, 2012, 10:57 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have one dog, Oliver, who is a white havanese and three years old. He is our baby We also have two cats, Oscar and Glen, who we just got in June.

Ashley
Ashley
January 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Crystal_K View Post
I have 3 cats: Roxy, Jasper, and Ashes. I also have a dog, Apache, he's 11 and a Shiba Inu/Shar Pei. My DH has a ginormous salt water fish tank.
I am dying to see a picture of this dog! I love BOTH those breeds! I fostered a Shiba Inu once, and I've had several shar-pei mixes in the house, either owned or fostered. So adorable, but I could deal without the oily coats!

We have three dogs:

an 8 year old Dachshund named Carlisle
a 6 year old "big face" mix named Potato
a ~15 year old golden retriever named Lexy.

We're giving Lexy to my older sister, because she's just so old, my kids are a bit too much for her. =(
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search