1, 2 ....... 3!!!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 10:33 PM
cowgirl_mommy's Avatar <3 waiting on blessing #3
I remember being super worried about going from one baby to two, and the thoughts and feelings. It was rough on me for a few months. Now, im going from 2 to 3 babies, right now my nerves are still calm and collected, but with each passing day thinking about 3 kids all three years old or younger, I get kinda "OMG".... How did you make that jump? 2 kiddos to 3??

Proud Mommy to Corey Jr (3) & Mackenna (22mths)
Waiting on Blessing #3

January 18th, 2012, 11:32 PM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
This is baby #2 for me, I feel the same as you did when you were going from 1 to 2. But I know I can handle it because I was worried how I was going to handle being a new mom with DD and I think I did pretty darn great. We often surprise our selves I think you will be fine

January 19th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Thank you, I sure hope so. I keep telling my self it will be a piece of cake.

Waiting on Blessing #3

January 19th, 2012, 04:22 AM
MarineQueen's Avatar Veteran
I think you'll do just fine. It's always scary when something big is about to change in your life! But trust me, you're gong to be thrilled with the new baby & so will the little ones!
January 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to 3 as well, but mine are older than yours, they will be 6 and almost 4 when baby arrives. I'm mostly worried about bedtime when the little one arrives. I know that those babies don't like to wait and my husband works late, so I worry I won't be able to do baths, books & cuddles like I do now because baby will be demanding my attention.

January 19th, 2012, 07:02 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Going from one to two was hard for me (partially because they were 15 months apart and DS#2 was a challenging baby. But adding #3 was SO easy. She was/is such a laid back baby and just fit right in with our routines. It really didn't seem like much more work at all adding #3.

[
January 19th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I thought it was easier to go from 2 to 3 than it was to go from 1 to 2. I'm not to worried about adding a 4th right now.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 19th, 2012, 07:13 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I agree!!! Going from 1 to 2 wasn't bad at all for me, but going from 2 to 3 was soooo easy! You start to know what you're doing and know the routine. The good thing is that because you have the older kids, it almost forces you to have a routine and schedule with the baby and that makes baby so much happier and makes things so much easier. Now that we're adding #4, I'm really not worried at all!!! You can do this! It will be a breeze!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 19th, 2012, 08:51 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I didn't find going from one to two particularly difficult, but I've heard that going from 2 to 3 is easy, and anything after 3 is too. What's one more? lol.

I think the only thing that concerns me are the logistical things, like how it's going to work when I have to take all three to the store with me....alone. My son will be 3, my daughter approaching 2, and then the new baby. But, I'm not that worried

January 19th, 2012, 09:07 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When i opened this i thought you were going to say they found three heartbeats o_O! i didnt have a problem going from 2 to 3.. I found it much harder going from 1 to 2.
January 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks ladies

Waiting on Blessing #3

January 19th, 2012, 12:33 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have always heard that going from 2-3 is easier than going fromo 1-2 but I only have 2.

Good Luck and I am sure you will do fine.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 19th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Going from 2 to 3 was easy for me. You will do great, don't worry.

January 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just telling my husband last night that I think the challenge of having more than one is learning how to juggle. Once you learn how to juggle more than one it's not a lot different adding on more. You're already in the routine of juggling, so it just makes things a little different.

But that being said, with every one that I add on I have a lot of "oh crap" moments when I wonder what I've gotten myself into before they get here! But you manage what you're given.

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

January 19th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Super Mommy
Guess I'll be the voice of descent! I found 1-2 relatively easy (they were 19 months apart), but 2-3 was hard (my 2 and 3 are 14 months apart). Three in diapers, three car seats (buckling and unbuckling everyone!), trying to control three kids when I only have two arms, grocery store carts usually only hold 1 or 2, very rarely 3.. It was a hard transition.

But it got easier. My older kids learned about taking turns having their needs met, and were forced to learn some patience (and so was I!). It all worked out. =)
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 19th, 2012, 03:04 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
My first three were close and I found going from one to two fine. BUT going from two to three so HARD!! It was my breaking point! I just didn't have enough hands and someone always needed something right as I was helping another with something else. DH works and I had NO help as we live 3,000 miles away from home and we didn't even have a car!

I think what made it harder was everyone said it was easy! Having a newborn, an 18 month old and a 4 year old was a nightmare! Not now though it is really easy they are all friends.

I'd say organization is key!

The BEST advice I ever got was when leaving the house give 15 min per person! So it would take over and hour to get our the door! But it worked.

Last edited by NYCgirl; January 19th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
January 19th, 2012, 04:16 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get nervous going from 1 to 2 but then i think back on how difficult having my first baby was and i just know it couldn't possibly be as hard as that was!! Unless of course its twins but we're not counting on that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search