Any Crafters?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2012, 08:28 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Does anyone do any sort of crafting? If so, what do you do?

I'm a digital scrapbooker along with a knitter. I would LOVE to learn how to sew, but I think that's going to have to wait until we can afford a sewing machine.

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
January 19th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I crochet, and love to decorate cakes. I haven't done much crocheting lately, but I do enjoy it when I have the time for it. I want to learn how to sew, but I just don't have the time to do it right now. We have a sewing machine, but I have no idea what I would make.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been doing some sewing, all by hand so far, but I did just get a new machine, I just now have to learn how it works!

I do some scraping, but I don't really like it. And usually have some crafty project going.

I'd love to learn to knit or crochet, but I don't have anyone to teach me and I am a hands on person I'm not sure a diagram will be able to teach me much

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 19th, 2012, 09:03 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I crochet a lot and knit a little. i can sew a bit, but nothing complicated, mostly just rag quilts and simple clothes. i also digi scrap when the mood strikes.
January 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I learned how to crochet by watching youtube videos. I can't follow a diagram either, so it was easier for me to see someone do it. Maybe you could try that.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 19th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I enjoy scrapbooking, that is actually one of they ways I told my Mom we are expecting. The first page was a photo of the positive test and the second page was a letter to MawMaw from baby b. I plan to add to it over the years. The next page will be baby's first photo (u/s pic from today's appointment). I plan to do the same for my MIL when we tell her next month.

I also sew and do some quilting. I've done lots of baby stuff for friends and family over the years. I made a baby girl blanket when we first started TTC and plan to make a baby boy one so we are ready either way.

I also make cheer hairbows for the cheerleading squad I coach. I have found it is much cheaper than ordering them online.

So neat to hear there are some other crafters in the club!!
January 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I learned how to knit by watching videos as well.

v e r y p i n k . c o m has wonderful tutorials. I looove her site.

January 19th, 2012, 10:30 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I do some crafty stuff here and there, but I'm much more into baking and being crafty with baked goods, lol. I love decorating cakes, cake pops, etc. It's so much fun!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 View Post
I do some crafty stuff here and there, but I'm much more into baking and being crafty with baked goods, lol. I love decorating cakes, cake pops, etc. It's so much fun!
Oh how fun! I loooove baking as well. I really wanted to sign up for a cake decorating class at Michaels but I have to wait until Feb.

January 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love to sew and knit. I have a small WAHM biz where I sell doll clothes Daffodil Dolls Online Shop I don't have as much time as I would like to sew and craft now that I have so many littles but they are they priority right now.

[
January 19th, 2012, 12:44 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I decorate cakes, refinish furniture, and reupholster chairs. I sell in a local specialty shop, and keep a blog with some of my projects going at Confessions of a DIY-aholic

January 19th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love to knit. Yarn is yummy! I usually knit my babies "coming home" longies.
January 19th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelamomtomany View Post
I love to knit. Yarn is yummy! I usually knit my babies "coming home" longies.
I learned to knit between #2 & #3 so my daughter was the first newborn I had to knit for and it was so much fun. I had so many compliments on her coming home longies. In the next couple of weeks I want to get some gender neutral yarn to knit a pair of longies for this baby. Do you cloth diaper and use wool for diaper covers or do you use other fibers just to use as pants? I like using the wool as diaper covers but also use cotton sometimes for just regular pants to use over pul covers. I am wanting to try a bamboo or bamboo/wool blend for some newborn longies for this baby because it is so soft.

[
January 19th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I am into cardmaking. I made my Christmas cards this year for the first time. It was time consuming but I had a lot of fun w/ it. I also got a Cricut for Christmas from my in-laws. I absolultely love it!
January 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would consider myself a little crafty. I made my DD's bedding/curtains for her nursery, and I got pretty good at making bows for her. I made DS's blanket and pillow for his naptime at school. I can use a sewing machine it just takes me awhile to make what I want. I do like to do digital scrapbooking but I just don't get the time to do it. I think I've only actually finished 2 pages, but I used to make siggies for people all the time

January 19th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftsfromGod View Post
I learned to knit between #2 & #3 so my daughter was the first newborn I had to knit for and it was so much fun. I had so many compliments on her coming home longies. In the next couple of weeks I want to get some gender neutral yarn to knit a pair of longies for this baby. Do you cloth diaper and use wool for diaper covers or do you use other fibers just to use as pants? I like using the wool as diaper covers but also use cotton sometimes for just regular pants to use over pul covers. I am wanting to try a bamboo or bamboo/wool blend for some newborn longies for this baby because it is so soft.
I cloth diaper and use the wool for covers over PF's. I also use PUL covers and pocket dipes (mostly FB's & Kawaii's). I love the wool though...makes the cutest little pant and shorts. I made my MIL a scarf with bamboo and the thing stretched to twice it's length the minute it got wet. I don't know if it was the fibers fault or mine though.
Sharing a picture of my almost 2 yr old in his going home outfit. Minus the hat...I somehow managed to get pics of him from the waist up with the hat, but no pic of the whole outfit together.

Edit: because I lied..found one of the whole thing.

Last edited by Angelamomtomany; January 19th, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
January 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Aww those are precious longies. Here is my little girl in her coming home outfit. I used cotton for these and just used them over pul covers & pockets. I had wondered about the durability of bamboo but I figured for nb pants it might work since they don't really have to stand up to much wear. I am working on a pair of longies right now for my 14 month old and when they are finished I'll start something for the baby.

And these little brown pants are the ones I knit in the first trimester before I knew then gender but wanted to make something for the little one growing inside me

[
January 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM
^ such a sweet baby girl! The longies are nice too
January 19th, 2012, 08:01 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I crochet, sew (with a sewing machine) and digital scrapbook.
January 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
I try but IDK I just can't do it. IDK why either when my mom is the craftiest person I know and I grew up around her crafting something all the time.

I am going to try more. I saw at walmart the other day they have some pretty cheap patterns. I want to try making my own clothes for DD and the baby. My goal is to be more self sufficient this year and making your own stuff is very rewarding.

I can't Crochet, but I have tried knitting and I can handle it better then crocheting but I can't do anything but make like scarfs. I wanted to do a blanket for DD but I didn't have the time to really do it with working, my father passing away and then having to move all before she was born. I want to try again this time around for the new baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search