NOOOOOO!!!! No, no, no, no, NOOOO!!!!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2012, 09:12 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Yeah, so I guess I knew it was coming. After about a week of feeling sick 24/7, I knew it would come to this. I woke up, not feeling great as usual. Choked down my breakfast smoothie and vits, like every morning. Then it hit, not my normal waves of nausea, worse. I breathed though the first couple of waves and fought off the stronger than "normal" gag reflex. And, it happened....I went running to the bathroom and proceeded to hug the toilet, well you all know the rest. No need for graphic details. Blah...now I'm scared to eat anything. I'm eating saltines and drinking ginger ale right now, and trying to talk myself into trying something with some sort of nutritional value for lunch....especially since all the nutrition I tried to pack into my smoothie is gone down the toilet, literally....

Anyone else with me? I don't know what to eat or what I can hold down. My smoothie was my go-to thing that I could get down somewhat easily and get some good nutrition with, too. Now I'm scared that I won't be able to handle the veggies I've been forcing on myself that haven't gone down easily at all. May be time to give my MW a call and ask for some Zoforan. I've never needed it...so any one have experience? Does it work? Not so much? Any potential side effects to baby?
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 19th, 2012, 09:22 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry m/s has come full swing I've been lucky so far and have only had random waves of nausea here and there, but I'm sure within the next week or 2 the baby won't be so kind to me.

Hang in there, I hope the meds work!

January 19th, 2012, 09:23 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Sorry the morning sickness has started. I haven't had that happen yet, just bouts of dizzyness.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
January 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that you have a bad case or m/s. I never experienced that at all. The only thing that I get is some heartburn when I have eaten something that does not agree with me.
I remember from my first pg that my OB had suggested B6 for m/s. I would highly suggest that you call your MW and ask her about the best option for your and baby to help with your m/s.
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
January 19th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJsMommy View Post
I remember from my first pg that my OB had suggested B6 for m/s. I would highly suggest that you call your MW and ask her about the best option for your and baby to help with your m/s.
I'm already on 50mg of B6/daily. I was taking 100mg/day to support my LP when TTC and she told me to keep taking it once I got preggo, just cut it in half, to help with M/S. So, if it's helping, then I don't want to know what it'd be like it I wasn't taking it! If it gets worse, I'm going to have to call. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would take your vitamin later in the day. I noticed that they can set off morning sickness easily.

Also before bed, eat something high in protein. It takes longer to digest, and having a empty stomach can make you nauseated/sick.

When you wake up in the morning, eat what sounds good to you(within reason ofcourse). Forcing yourself into something that doesn't sound good will increase your nausea/sickness. Definitely keep crackers around for times when nothing sounds good.

Maybe this tea would help...
Morning Wellness Tea - certified organic morning sickness tea

January 19th, 2012, 01:44 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
poor you.. sorry

January 19th, 2012, 02:28 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Oh wow!! Hope you feel better soon!!
January 19th, 2012, 03:11 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry!! Poor you I've heard people say eating something salty and sweet in the morning is all that seemed to help but i don't know if it was the extreme that you've been experiencing. I'm definitely most nauseous in the morning. I don't know much about the medication so ask your MW but i'm pretty sure they try to only use it as a last resort? I hope you figure something out!!

BTW I totally have a feeling you're having a girl! Just thought i'd tell ya

January 19th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Thanks ladies! I haven't thrown up again today, but I have been, and still am, feeling like I'm just on the verge of it. Everything I've eaten today, even the crackers and ginger ale, feels like it's coming back up...I'm hoping for some better days soon! I'm going to switch my vitamins to night, but I'm worried it won't make a difference since I'm just as sick-feeling at night as any other time of the day. I often wake up in the middle of the night fighting off throwing up. We'll see how the nighttime vits go, though.

Krista, we'll see if you're right! I've certainly never had a pregnancy start off like this!!! My entire family would be THRILLED! My oldest is totally convinced it's a girl, as well.

January 19th, 2012, 06:18 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Thats sounds terrible so far I a still just quite nauseas.
January 19th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes!!! I was on Zofran with my first pregnancy. I don't remember finding it super helpful, but some days it would take the edge off. Hope this passes quickly for you!!

January 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
with my 2nd, my ob suggested taking benadryl at bed time, or you can take unisom. its supposed to help with the nausea somehow. she also prescribed me phenergran (sp?), and I'd recommend against that. It made me super loopy feeling, and like I had narcolepsy...I'd just conk out without warning.

January 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 View Post
I'm already on 50mg of B6/daily. I was taking 100mg/day to support my LP when TTC and she told me to keep taking it once I got preggo, just cut it in half, to help with M/S. So, if it's helping, then I don't want to know what it'd be like it I wasn't taking it! If it gets worse, I'm going to have to call. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Zofran. Call your OB, and get it!!!

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 20th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Thanks! I think I might. I'm already throwing up just the water I had this morning after my run! I know if it's truly to the point where I can't even keep water down, then I'll have to get something or risk dehyrdation.

January 20th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 View Post
Thanks! I think I might. I'm already throwing up just the water I had this morning after my run! I know if it's truly to the point where I can't even keep water down, then I'll have to get something or risk dehyrdation.
Definitely call! Hope you feel better!

January 20th, 2012, 08:40 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds bad! I hope you get relief!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search