Nursery Themes...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone have any nursery themes or ideas for this baby? Will they have to share a room with a sibling or will they have their own room???

January 19th, 2012, 11:33 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I did the whole theme thing with my first, and quickly discovered what a waste of time and money it was. He was rarely in the room (ended up sleeping in our room next to our bed for 14 months). I didn't bother with my 2nd, and won't bother with this one either.

January 19th, 2012, 11:53 AM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My wheels are already turning! I have to start over since SOMEONE may have thrown some red shop towels in the wash with our other crib bedding (I'm pretty smooth!). I was at Target yesterday and found this super cute bedding on clearance for $10 a sheet made to look like it has a built in bumper, and $10 for a coordinating blanket:
Skip Hop Treetop Friends Crib Bedding Set : Target

I'm going to work around it with a blue/orange theme that'd work for a boy or girl. I'll make the dust ruffle and curtains, and I might reupholster the glider to coordinate. We'll reuse the crib from DS, but I may do a small dresser in orange to work as a changing table. We have an orange and white striped rug from DS' nursury that'll work perfectly! IDK all the details yet, but the ideas keep coming!

I'm also not sure if I'm going to put the nursery in our guest bedroom and have it double as that with a pullout couch, or if I'll be moving my DS out of his room to the guest bedroom to keep the room we used for him as a nursery.

Last edited by MJTKNT; January 19th, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
January 19th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It will depend on boy or girl. My daughter's room is black, white and pink. It's pretty cute!

With another girl, I saw some cute ideas on Pinterest (total addict here!) that were lilac and light brown or lilac and gray. Maybe something like that?

For a boy, maybe something cowboy, since we are a horse family. The walls are already green, so maybe I will work around that so I don't have to paint!

January 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't do nursery themes. The baby will be in with us for the first 6 months or so then will move to a shared bedroom with siblings.

[
January 19th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Veteran
I've done it both times before. This little one though doesn't have a room The plan has always been to have him/her share with us the first 6+ months and then either move my two girls into a shared room, or make the youngest (5) share a room. I guess the gender will determine which route we take.

I hate to make my 2 girls give up their rooms. My oldest is 9 and they both have always had their own room.
January 19th, 2012, 12:36 PM
cowgirl_mommy's Avatar <3 waiting on blessing #3
We are in the process of moving a cross country, so for awhile we will be living with my dh's family. Till we can find a place to suit our needs. Hopefully, it won't be long, but the lil one will be in our room for at least the first 6 to 8 mths, then depending on the sex will determine which room it will share with dd or ds .

Proud Mommy to Corey Jr (3) & Mackenna (22mths)
Waiting on Blessing #3

January 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby will share with us for a long time. Then when he/she is ole enough will have to share.

January 19th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Super Mommy
We just bought a house, and I don't want to make my hubby give up his office he's been looking forward to.(Even though it would be the perfect 4th bedroom) So I've decided to make the room with all the windows, that was gonna be my mom cave into the nursery. The walls are already painted a really pretty grey, so im thinking maybe teal would look pretty, and is gender neutral. Ill have to come up with some ideas for window coverings, of course, but if its a boy, like im hoping, he can move upstairs with our son, cuz he already has bunkbeds. Our DD will be almost 8 tho, so if its a girl, I really don't want to make her share. We'll have to figure something out.
January 19th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Super Mommy
I would love to do a nursery theme, but my husband wouldn't let me spend the money on it, lol. Our baby probably won't have his/her own room anyways - most likely will room with us for a while, especially if I decide to breast feed, and then will room with a sibling. All three of my kids sleep in the same room right now, because that's how they like it. We have two rooms dedicated to children, but they all choose to sleep together. *shrug* Go figure.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM
MarineQueen's Avatar Veteran
For Ava, the theme was ladybugs, but like most of the ladies, she wasn't in her room much. She slept n our room till she was about a yr old. I'm going to decorate, but not go crazy with a theme like last time.
January 19th, 2012, 01:31 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the boys have always shared and I feel a bit guilty that this one will have it's own room. If it is another boy I know I will feel even worse.

I have a Tomas DuBois "The Celebration" print that is framed and was hanging in the boys room up until we moved, it will go in this babies room, we will leave the walls white and just hang some curtains, maybe the name in letters, but other than that, no "theme" really. I'll be reusing most of the crib sheets since they are either white or light green.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 19th, 2012, 01:31 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We don’t do the whole ‘nursery’ thing. None of my kids ever slept in a crib so there was no point in buying one. This little bean will sleep with us for the first few years anyway.

For our needs it is a huge waste of money and totally unnecessary.

That said, I always enjoy seeing other families baby rooms. They can be very cute.

January 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure on a theme yet (although MJTKMT's set is ADORABLE!), I do think I want to go with a soft green color on the walls. My son has a grass green color on his walls, we are about to paint DD's walls a lime green, so I'm thinking a soft green color for the baby's new room. Then just find some bedding with green in it for girl or boy. This baby will have his/her own room as well. DH is being very gracious in giving up his library office, so the baby can have it's own room

January 19th, 2012, 03:11 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to babies r us a while back and saw the cutest Lion King bedding set that I want whether it's a boy or girl I'm definitely doing the nursery with that theme, and if baby doesn't spend much time in th room then I sure will

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search