cloth or store bought???

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2012, 06:29 PM
cowgirl_mommy's Avatar <3 waiting on blessing #3
With my first two I had wanted to try cloth diapers, but was super afaird to, so this time I just might take the plunge and go for it. Any one else debating or choosing cloth over store bought. And where would be h best place to look into supplies?

Proud Mommy to Corey Jr (3) & Mackenna (22mths)
Waiting on Blessing #3

January 20th, 2012, 05:36 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I completely plan on using cloth diapers, but I DO want store bought ones on hand for when we're out at someone's house so that we don't have to carry around a poopy diaper.

Noooo idea where I'm getting them though, so I would love feedback on this!

January 20th, 2012, 05:45 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be doing sposies again, I couldn't convince DH to let me do cloth the first 2 times - he has a poop in the washer phobia. And since this is our last I don't want to put up the kind of money needed to get started.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cloth diaper and occasionally use "fake" diapers. I buy all of mine from Cloth Diapers Store - Cloth Diapers & Cloth Diaper Covers by bumGenius, Fuzzi bunz, Thirsties and GroVia She almost always has a code for a free diaper and free ship over $49. She also is in Maine (my home state) so that is a plus to me.
Taking the plunge can seem overwhelming. There are a ton of choices, but it gets easier. Take it one step at a time. I would suggest you just look around her site and decide what would fit your family best. If you have any questions I would be glad to help!
January 20th, 2012, 06:48 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been using cloth since my oldest son was 3 weeks old and I love it I have gotten most of my diapers used from moms on Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com I really like Bum Genius one size pocket diapers but we also do a lot of prefolds and fitteds (especially when they are newborn) The cloth diaper board here on JM is also very helpful in providing information and answering questions.

[
January 20th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I am going to be doing cloth. I got them for my last child, and I love them. I will be buying some more for this little one, but I don't need a bunch.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 20th, 2012, 09:06 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I am sure I will be using disposables!
January 20th, 2012, 09:20 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was completely sure i would do disposables with my son. That was the plan and it was fine at first, until he had constant poop leaks and disposables would NOT hold it in. It would get all over his clothes and sometimes me as well and i'd have a lot of rinsing to do. I figured i might as well get cloth and rinse those since i was doing lots of work anyway! When you're EBF you don't even have to rinse, you just throw it in the washer. I bought Flips - Flip Diapers - by Cotton Babies I cannot reccomend them enough! My son was very thin and most brands of cloth diapers didn't fit him well. These were perfect, snug enough around the legs and practically no more leaks (unless i didn't change him in time). Totally worth it! I've gone back and forth and mostly use disposables since his poop has been harder just because i don't have to change him as frequently but let me tell you, those cloth came in VERY handy when he was sick with diarhea!! Without those i was having horrible messes.

January 20th, 2012, 09:21 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use cloth with Connor. For the first 2 months or so I had him in sposies because I didn't want to have to buy newborn sized diapers. Once he could fit into the smalls I switched him. I thought I'd want him in sposies when we travel or go to people's houses, but it really hasn't been an issue. (Except I did take sposies when we went camping!).

For this one, I need to get some more smalls. Most of the ones I had for Connor are ruined because I got them second hand.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

January 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
I use disposables for my son, I thought about trying cloth but I can't keep up with regular laundry so i doubt they'll work well for us. I'm just going to use the same for this baby as well.

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
January 20th, 2012, 09:51 AM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
I was going to do Cloth with DD but we didn't have the money to buy what we needed and since my baby shower didn't turn out as good as I thought it would and no one bought us any that we had on our registry, we had to go Disposable. But I was lucky and knew how to shop for deals and I never paid more then $4 for a reg. pack of diapers.

I want to try cloth again this time but I think we are going to do both, cloth and Sposies. DF isn't fond of the cloth idea, he hates cleaning poopy diapers the way it is. I'm not going to force it on him. Also DF's Mom watches DD for us and IDK how she would feel about them, I'm going to talk to her about it. If she doesn't want to fiddle with them I'll just make sure she has Sposies at her house for the baby. But when I'm home I have no problems using them if it's going to save me in the long run and keep more Sposies out of the landfills.

January 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Super Mommy
I've gone back and forth between cloth and disposables. I got a new washing machine last year, and that was pretty much the end of my cloth diapering. I've since sold or given away all but the diapers that have sentimental value, and intend to use disposables.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 20th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE the idea of cloth...but will probably do disposable again. Just easier!
January 20th, 2012, 12:39 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most likely disposable

Ashley
Ashley
January 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started cloth when my dd was around 3 months old. It was a piece of cake since she was EBF. We just threw the diapers in the pail, and then into the washer! No biggie at all. It was so easy that our daycare provider was even fine with it. I need to get some newborn diapers so we can have some for this baby.

January 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
We do both but to be honest moreso use sposies.
January 21st, 2012, 06:59 AM
beginswithb's Avatar Veteran
Definitely cloth diapering again! I did it with my DD and loved it. I may have a package of "natural" disposies on hand for travel and whatnot. I haven't decided yet.

January 21st, 2012, 07:13 AM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
I am hoping to do cloth from birth for this baby! With DS, I started CDing around 3 weeks or so. I love love love some fluffy butts. :3 And this time around, having already CDed one infant, I feel a lot more confident about it and know what I do and don't like. I've got one of those awesome CDing SO's that knows how to properly use a snappi and can be trusted to properly do the diaper laundry without supervision, haha.

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!
January 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_love View Post
I was completely sure i would do disposables with my son. That was the plan and it was fine at first, until he had constant poop leaks and disposables would NOT hold it in. It would get all over his clothes and sometimes me as well and i'd have a lot of rinsing to do. I figured i might as well get cloth and rinse those since i was doing lots of work anyway! When you're EBF you don't even have to rinse, you just throw it in the washer. I bought Flips - Flip Diapers - by Cotton Babies I cannot reccomend them enough! My son was very thin and most brands of cloth diapers didn't fit him well. These were perfect, snug enough around the legs and practically no more leaks (unless i didn't change him in time). Totally worth it! I've gone back and forth and mostly use disposables since his poop has been harder just because i don't have to change him as frequently but let me tell you, those cloth came in VERY handy when he was sick with diarhea!! Without those i was having horrible messes.
I had the same experience when my son was still using up the sposies from the hospital. Blow out constantly! Never had a blow out in cloth.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 21st, 2012, 09:36 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is some of my cloth "stash"

Preemie All-In-Ones (AIO)

[IMG][/IMG]
Newborn Covers and snappis. I didn't take a pic of the prefolds. I think they look boring, so....yeah. I have 5 dozen though.

[IMG][/IMG]
Some of the size Small Pockets

[IMG][/IMG]
Small Pockets

[IMG][/IMG]
Small Pockets

[IMG][/IMG]
Pockets; 2 One-Size (OS) & 3 small.

[IMG][/IMG]
OS pockets.

More pockets

[IMG][/IMG]