moms of one or more

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2012, 04:55 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what are you gonna do with the kids for your appointments?

We are new to the area and the only people I have met that I would trust to babysit are either teachers or bus drivers and not available during the times I woudl need them to babysit.

We used to leave Adam with the IL's when we lived close, but now they are 2 hours away in the wrong direction.

DH will be driving me since I am just slightly petrified of driving, esp city driving and the office is in the city. So it looks like the kids will be coming a long, it seems to be the least child friendly office I have ever seen, my old M/W used to have toys and stuff in the waiting area and had no issues with us bringing the kiddo, but this office doesn't have one single toy.

so what are your plans for the other kids?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 20th, 2012, 05:13 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I will try to find a sitter for my appointments, hopefully!!
January 20th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We always do everything together. Dh drives and then watches the kids. At the end of August my mom is coming, so she will be here to watch kids during labor.

January 20th, 2012, 05:50 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH usually stays home and watches the kids. He works in the afternoon/evenings so I just schedule appointments in the morning. For our 20 week u/s we find someone else to watch the kids so DH can go with me.

[
January 20th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I will schedule the appointments where my dh can watch them. For the 20 week ultrasound I will schedule it first thing in the morning, so we only have to take our youngest with us. I am also planning on getting a babysitter, so my dh can go with me when he wants to.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 20th, 2012, 06:37 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelamomtomany View Post
We always do everything together. Dh drives and then watches the kids. At the end of August my mom is coming, so she will be here to watch kids during labor.
I am so glad I am not alone! This office will just have to deal with the fact that we have other kids!

Not sure what we are gonna do when I go into labor, we will have to wait the 2 hours for MIL to get here, then we have a 2 hour drive to the hospital - but I guess that will ensure I stay home for a while! LOL

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 20th, 2012, 07:45 AM
cowgirl_mommy's Avatar <3 waiting on blessing #3
With my dd I always took my son or my dh went with and we all went to the appt. Together. With this one my first one appt my sister will watch them so the dh can go, but all the othere my mil or sil will watch them.

Proud Mommy to Corey Jr (3) & Mackenna (22mths)
Waiting on Blessing #3

January 20th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
The main office has toys and stuff in the waiting room so when we go to that office my fiance can just sit in the waiting room with Aidan till I'm done. When we go to the other office he's just going to have to occupy him some how, bring his toy from home or just walk around the halls since its a medical office building there's plenty of room to walk. For certain appointments like the ultrasounds that are gonna take some time I'll probably ask my family to watch him.

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
January 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Super Mommy
Last time my husband usually took off work, because I had a lot of appointments. I have friends that can babysit, but my kids are kind of a handful, and I don't feel right asking someone to watch them every week, ya know? So I would rely on them when my husband couldn't miss work that day, otherwise he came home for my appointment and went back to work when it was over.

The same will probably happen this time, though hopefully with less appointments. My doctor's office doesn't have toys, but I can just bring my own - not a big deal.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I bring the kids. Unless it falls on a day that my SIL is not working, then she'll watch the kids (she lives with us). I'm not driving 45 min to drop them with my mom, and then another 30 min to where my appointments are, then 30 min again to get them, and 45 min home.

They have some toys in the waiting rooms, but not the actual rooms. The nurses will watch the kids and play with them for a few minutes if they need to do something with me and the kids shouldn't be in the room for it.

For the 1st appointment I'm going to see if my mom will come out to where my appointment is and maybe just go shopping with the kids (there's a shopping center that she sometimes goes to there anyways). After that, I'll make sure all are scheduled early in the day so my SIL can watch them.

January 20th, 2012, 11:51 AM
sexypepsi25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I normally bring them with seeing that most appt are quick. On the Big u/s I will have my neighbors watch the younger 3

January 20th, 2012, 03:52 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will try to work my appointments around my neice's college schedule so she can watch the kids for me. She will be living with us over the summer, so that will help me even more with scheduling appointments I'm hoping DH will get to come to some of my appointments with me too!

January 20th, 2012, 08:19 PM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
Since my DD is school aged I will make all mine while she is at school or her after school care. Then just work a half a day and go. DH will be deployed so it's just me!

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
January 21st, 2012, 06:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A good friend lives near the drs office ans is currently unemployed, so she said she will help me as long as she is able.

January 21st, 2012, 04:25 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Between our in home daycare, my best friend and dh the kids are covered for being watch while I have appointments. Now when I was pregnant with Brennan most of the time I just took Ethan along with me as he was small enough he just sat in his stroller and I entertained him with little toys and treats.
January 21st, 2012, 08:13 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a few people that would watch him, but I want him with me. I want hubby with me also. I want all of them to be included in the goings on of the new baby.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
January 22nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I'll bring my youngest (2.5) with me. The older boys are in school. He does pretty well for things like this, especially if I bring the stroller and some toys/snacks.
January 22nd, 2012, 07:40 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD goes to preschool while I work so we are already covered so I won't have to take her!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

January 22nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bella goes to daycare 3 days a week so I'll be sure to schedule appts those days. DH is off on Fridays so all the ultrasounds will be for then so he can come. If she wasn't in daycare, I'd have my stepmom watch her because they live two streets over and she doesn't work

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search