Freaking out

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2012, 05:28 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I am having a run in with my dear friend constipation. Yeah its great. Well this maybe but I was using the bathroom last night and may have been straining to have a BM. ( I was definitely straining) When I wiped, I saw the smallest amount of pink. I checked and it was not from my other end. Needless to say, immediate panic attack and crying.

Now, once I got myself together, I googled this and found that this is very common, especially if you are straining.

An hour after this happened, not even a sign of any spotting or cramping. Again, no sign of this at 3 am when I woke or again this morning at 7.

I am going to call my doctor just to let them know. But, this board is my corner stone at the moment and I need some reassurance

Ashley
Ashley
January 20th, 2012, 05:47 AM
cowgirl_mommy's Avatar <3 waiting on blessing #3
Straining can cause you to bleed slightly, I did it with my daughter. I called my ob and went to them just to make sure, but everything was fine. Tthey usually tell me as long as it doesn't amount to being more then the size of a quarter, you should be fine.but still let ur ob know.But as gross as this sounds and I hate it, a glass of prune juice a day seems to make my bm's during pregnancy a lot easier

Proud Mommy to Corey Jr (3) & Mackenna (22mths)
Waiting on Blessing #3

January 20th, 2012, 05:55 AM
It wasn't even close to being the size of a quarter. My doctor's office doesn't open until 9, so I am going to give them a ring then. Thanks so much

Ashley
Ashley
January 20th, 2012, 05:58 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As long as the blood isnt bright red and you arent crampimg you shouldnt worry. with all my miscarriages i have had severe cramping. usually a little bit of pink or brown blood isnt anything to stress over. i know that is easier said than done though!
January 20th, 2012, 05:59 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I know seeing even a slight amount of pink can send you into a panic attack! I am sure your doc will say its all okay! Let us know!
January 20th, 2012, 05:59 AM
cowgirl_mommy's Avatar <3 waiting on blessing #3
Your totally welcome

Proud Mommy to Corey Jr (3) & Mackenna (22mths)
Waiting on Blessing #3

January 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I totally had that happen early on with my youngest. I called my MW and they brought me in (I was nearly 6 weeks). We saw the baby and hb, everything was fine! They said that straining for BMs can definitely cause a small amount of spotting. They said to take a stool softener daily and it is completely safe. (I believe it was Colace or a generic form of it they recommended, but you'll want to ask your dr when you call this morning). I know how scary that can be, but I'm sure you're fine!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 20th, 2012, 07:20 AM
My sister is a nurse and she said that I should probably look into a stool softener as well. I called the doctors and spoke to the nurse on call, she said that it sounds absolutely fine. But she wanted me to leave a voicemail for the doctor just in case. I am going to ask her what she recommends for a stool softener.

Thank you so much ladies

Ashley
Ashley
January 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Well, the doctor called back. She said I should be fine and not to worry that it is a very common thing. If I start to spot more or have abnormal cramping to give them a call straight away.

She said that I can add a stool softener to along with my prenatal vitamins every other day to help out. Also, she recommended that I drink at least 70 ounces of water a day I am already going to the bathroom non-stop, so trying that will be mighty interesting. But if it helps I will give it a go.

Thanks so much for everything girls!

Ashley
Ashley

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search