WorkOut??

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2012, 01:31 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
Do any of you work out during pregnancy.. not like extreme.. but a little bit?? my last two i didnt, my first one i was skinny the whole time.. my second one i gained ALOT( thanks to burgers fries and coke) and didnt work out at all and it was HARD to loose... i still havent lost it all .... so i ALwAYS said ill do min exercise with my 3rd (and last ) but where i had the spotting i dunno if i will.... i forgot to ask the doc =)
January 23rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Veteran
Yep! I'm far from a health-nut/freak (not that it's a bad thing) but, I def try and keep active during my pg. With my first, I didn't. With my second, I worked out up until the day b/f I delivered via c-section. Even though I've always been a tad fluffy, I really feel like by doing so, my recovery 2nd time around was SOOOO much easier. And, it helped me keep a healthy focus after I had baby. Watch it with the bleeding and if you're really inclined, start slowly. Water aerobics are great Since I ran/cycled/strength trained/danced b/f getting pg, my doc has encouraged me, as before, to continue. Use your own judgement and if you feel you need to settle down/rest/relax, do so. You have to do what makes you feel good. BTW, I LOVE burgers and fries - just had to add that I try and limit my cheat time to wknds still! Good luck!
January 23rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Definitely talk with your Dr first, but yes I have worked out through all three of my pregnancies literally until delivery and plan to with this one, too. Both my MW and Dr were very encouraging of it! I didn't even have to back off much of what I was doing before I was pregnant. The only thing I really changed was my long run mileage (my daily runs stayed the same-around 7+ miles) and I just had to modify my strength training, pilates, and yoga after the first tri. It helps you feel so much better, it's good for you and baby, makes recovery so much easier (especially since I have c-sections), etc. It also helps keep the weight gain at a healthy level!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
YES, I run, walk, do Pilates and do Zumba 2-3 times a week. I do workout though my pregnancies. Have to stop mt. biking though. THAT said I have been SO sick and tired the last two weeks I have NOT been able to do more than 3x a week.

I can't wait to get back to it because I get depressed just sitting on my butt. Really I fight depression and for me working out works better than meds.

January 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I so do not work out
January 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Super Mommy
I had started a low calorie diet with an exercise routine several months ago (lost 20 pounds, yay!). Just walking/jogging a few times a week. Then I broke my foot, so I haven't walked anywhere in about 6 or 7 weeks. As soon as my foot's healed, I intend to start walking/jogging again.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 23rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been doing T Tapp 15 min work out about 4-5 times a week. I think I will be able to continue doing it with a few modifications throughout the pregnancy. I also walk a lot (on treadmill in winter and outdoors in spring & summer).

Plus cooking, cleaning, and, playing with 3 kids 4 and under all day is a workout

[
January 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoboys View Post
I so do not work out
LOL!! that made me laugh... thats sooo me! ! i mean i have worked out ( ok walk/jog on treadmill) like 6 months my whole life after my 2nd son was born and thats it =) im trying to get on track tho .. it makes me nervous with all the spotting tho.... i dont do much of well um.... anything lately

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search