Couponing

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Do you coupon?
January 22nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
Super Mommy
I used to. But since we switched over to healthier food choices I all but stopped. I have a stockpile of the toiletries as is, and will probably cut some coupons when I start running out of those. And I may want diaper coupons from now on, since Amazon Mom's diaper deal is less amazing these days. Other than that, no. I do shop two for ones and sales, though.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
I need to learn how to coupon for paper products, toiletries and diapers!!
January 22nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I coupon for the toiletries as well but not so much for food. I haven't gotten the hang of it plus I try to buy healthy options and the coupons aren't usually for those.

January 22nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
I know I could save so much, but honestly I have so very little time! I need to make time though!
January 22nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
Food deals are harder to come by then they used to be, I do allot better on non food items. I'm still pretty stocked on HBA items, and things of those nature.

January 22nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No I don't. Like Kes said we have switched to a healthier/whole foods diet and don't eat cereal, processed food etc with is what most coupons are for. We don't use many paper goods. I cloth diaper and we use cloth towels instead of paper towels. I buy in bulk meat in bulk from DH's work (he works at a food warehouse so we can order a few items per month at the price the grocery stores pay) and find a lot of great deals on Amazon subscribe and save. I shop sales for fruits & veggies. It would take more time that it would be worth it to me for the amount I would save.

[
January 22nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Super Mommy
I wish we had more storage space for frozen goods. I'd love to stock up on meats and things when there are sales, but we just don't have space to store it. Now that we've gone partially-primal, we're considering investing in a spare freezer so we can buy meat when it's cheap.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 22nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i do i do!!! we eat healthy, it is a little harder but i do really well. on average i save $40-$50 in coupons every shopping trip (well our once a month big shop)

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

January 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
sexypepsi25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do with our large family it's become almost a necessity, I'm still learning myself, the most I saved was 65.00 in groccerys.

January 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBeachSomewhere View Post
I wish we had more storage space for frozen goods. I'd love to stock up on meats and things when there are sales, but we just don't have space to store it. Now that we've gone partially-primal, we're considering investing in a spare freezer so we can buy meat when it's cheap.
Yeah we couldn't afford to do a grain free diet if we didn't have a deep freeze to buy up meat in bulk and freeze it. I can't imagine being without my deep freeze.

[
January 22nd, 2012, 07:37 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Not really. I use some coupons at Costco, but I lean towards organic, natural foods and you don't really see a lot of coupons around here for that kind of food. I also don't use a lot of paper products.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
January 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
I do mostly for toiletry items, not as much food items. I have a ton of toothpaste, toothbrushes that were free. And a whole cabinet of shampoo, deoderant and body wash. I wish I could get into it for food, but it's too much work for me!!

I do have one tub of wipes I got with coupons a few months ago because it was .40! So once we get a for sure go on this pregnancy, I'm going to start looking for the deals on wipes and diapers!

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
January 23rd, 2012, 09:41 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Nope. To really save you have to invest too much time, and IMO, time is money. Plus, most of the coupons out there are for crap food.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search