Seriously? (i need to vent)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I am having a crazy day....I need to vent.

I am on 75 mg's of Effexor for Anxiety. I have tried many times in my past to get off of it but this drug just is impossible. Well, I was on it when I got pregnant with Xavier and they switched me to Zoloft and weaned me from that since it was easier to wean off of. I found out I was pregnant on a Thursday, my PCP at the time told me to just stop taking it (they are no longer my PCP) anyway, by Sunday I was puking, crying, and wanted to end my life...I was going through withdrawl.

That Monday, I called my Gyno that is when she switched me to Zoloft and was soo mad they just told me to stop taking it cold turkey w/out anything else.

WELL..........that leaves me to now....On Effexor....found out I was prego Saturday....yesterday I admit, I did take 75 mg's because I knew they would switch me to something else today. My Gyno told me to call my PCP, my PCP told me NO talk to your GYNO...so I haven't taken this pill all day and Im starting to get sick because I haven't had it. NO ONE WILL ANSWER ME OR GIVE ME SOMETHING ELSE!

i do not see my Gyno for 2 more weeks...there is no way I am taking this med for that long being pregnant, but there is no way I can go w/out anything for that long! I just left my Gyno another message to call me back ASAP because I need something to wean off of....!

Sorry if I do not make sense, my head is spinning and I just wanna cry. I hate having to deal with this.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

January 23rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
beginswithb's Avatar Veteran
BIG hugs, mama. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be. I hope you hear something SOON. Keep us updated!

January 23rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took zoloft throuhout my previous pregnancies with no problems, so could they switch ypu back to that? that is very frustrating for you. i definitely would not go cold turkey on your own, i think the stress from withdrawals would be worse for baby than the drug itself. i hope you get it resolved soon!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I am going to keep it honest with everyone here, I just took an Effexor, I could not go through the rest of the day (or U/S) like that. The U/S is in the same building as my Gyno, so I will be going up there to try to get some answers afterwards. I feel guilty taking that pill today, but what option did they leave me with? Frustrated when it comes to getting this stuff figured out. Makes me feel alone, that is why I vented here, I know someone else has to know what it feels like to be going through all this!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

January 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
You really have to take the effexor, its no use you being home and sick and going through withdraws, its okay to take something you need when no one is helping you!! Its dangerous to you and the baby to just quit cold turkey, I believe it can cause seizures and terrible problems to just stop cold like that.

I hope you are able to talk to you ob and get onto zoloft! Let us know! And dont ever feel alone, were all here for you and your welcome to pm me if you need to talk and vent.. I know all about meds and pregnancy!!
January 23rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
My heart aches for a you right now. I've never been on Effexor, but I had severe PPD after all my kids, and I didn't get it treated until after my third. I was on Zoloft for about a year when I felt okay to go off it. Now that I'm pregnant I'm feeling like I DEFINITELY need to get back on it, ASAP. My struggle is a big different than yours, but I'm feeling the depression bug HARD. =(

Let me know if you need to talk. <3
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 23rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Hugs I really hope you Gyno gave you something so you can wean off of it.
January 23rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so frustrating!! I really hate when providers pass the buck like that. Hope you get it figured out soon. I have a psychiatrist that handles my anxiety medication, and we had a convo about this when I was TTC and came up with a plan for what would happen. I'm so anxious and such a control freak that I would go nuts not knowing what to do! I stopped taking my Luvox cold turkey, but luckily it doesn't have the side effects that Effexor has. Good luck, and keep us posted! I would def keep taking it til you know...it might be detrimental to you and baby to just stop.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search