co sleeping

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
for it or against it??

I let Jack co sleep for YEARS!!! and now he just got to the age where he is wanting to sleep in his own bed, so (sticks tongue out) to everyone who said he would never sleep along

I totally understand why people dont agree too!! I am just a pushover and when he would come climb in bed who was I to say no!
January 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Super Mommy
It's one of those things I do for the sake of sanity and for my children, but it's not on my list of "Things I absolutely freakin love about being a mom." I need my space when I sleep!
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
January 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I was super paranoid and never coslept but when DS#2 came along I found myself popping him in bed next to me to nurse and we'd both fall asleep. For the majority of the time they sleep in a bassinet by my bed but if we fall asleep during nursing I'm fine with that. I don't sleep as deeply when I cosleep so if I do it for too many nights in a row then I start to get very tired. My body just stays more alert with the baby sleeping near me so even though they get better rest I don't. So I'm kind of 50/50 on it.

[
January 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big fan of it! Tons of benefits! Livi co-slept in our bedroom until she was a year, but we generally would only bedshare for half the night or so...after she woke up for her night time nursies .

January 23rd, 2012, 07:32 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I prefer to have my space. That being said....our 14 month old is still sleeping in our bed. She refuses to sleep elsewhere, and wakes up sooo often. Well, she starts the night off in her crib while I'm still up, then an hour or two after I go to bed, she wakes up and joins me in bed where she usually stays til morning.

My son occassionally slept in our bed, was mostly beside our bed in either bassinet or crib until he was 14 months and got his own crib. Lyla was born when he was 16 months, so we wanted to get him used to it before she came. I am hoping I can get Lyla to sleep better before this baby arrives..otherwise...I don't know how in the world our sleeping situation will work out... I don't know what this baby's preferences will be. But, if you're breastfeeding its definitely so much easier to just feed lying down and sleep.

January 23rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I coslept with my daughter...actually JUST moved her into her own bed a few weeks ago (complete coincidence that it coincided with my positive result...I had planned to do it when she turned 18 months)...I wasn't able to breastfeed her, so I exclusively pumped and co-slept...I'm hoping this next one breastfeeds and sleeps in the crib. a part of me liked co-sleeping (really, cutest thing ever!) but the part of me that needs my space doesn't lol
January 23rd, 2012, 08:22 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got my 4 yr old to sleep in his own bed. Now I will be slowly working on my 2yr old. I don't mind cosleeping at all but can't take too much crowding.

January 23rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
DD co slept with us. It made late night feedings so much easier especially since we nursed. We moved her to her room when she was 1yr 2w old. We felt it was time for her to like her crib, we wanted to start at 1 but it took her 2 weeks to get used to her crib. We also were ready for our room back especially since she started not wanting to go to bed bc she knew we were there.

We'll be doing the same again, probably putting this on in their room around the same time too.

January 23rd, 2012, 10:40 PM
sugary~snails's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
absolutely. our 13 month old is still in our bed around 4-6 am
January 23rd, 2012, 10:53 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Each one of my kids slept in bed beside me until they were around a year old or so. I am sure it will be the same when our baby arrives. Doctors usually tell you this is a no-no. However, I never had any problems with it!
January 23rd, 2012, 10:53 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
u dont care either way in general... for us.. heck no.. it's a PITA to transition them to their own room in their own bed.. so if my kids do just fine in a crib.. if it aint broke, don't fix it
January 24th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD slept in her room till 2, then she started having nightmares and we moved her bed to our room. At 3 she developed night terrors and she still has them now at 4, so she's still in our room. It's easier that way. She's excited about her room, so when her night terrors and fears get better, I think she'll do great in her room.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
January 24th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I loved to co sleep with my first and second. With my third I didn't because he was born so early, and I was to afraid of how little he was to try to co sleep. I want to co sleep with this one, but I wont decide until after the birth.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 24th, 2012, 05:07 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I co slept with all of mine. It was such a pain getting out of bed every two hours to nurse. At about nine months, when they started trying to crawl out of the bed, we transferred them to a crib next to our bed, then eventually to their own room. I think there is nothing better than snuggling with a warm little baby at night

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 24th, 2012, 07:31 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We are a co sleeping family as well.

May I ask, if we have so many co-sleepers, why do you bother with setting up a 'nursery'?

Last edited by NYCgirl; January 24th, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
January 24th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good question LOL We will not be setting up anything this time. The crib is already in our room, but will see when we start using it.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
January 24th, 2012, 08:24 AM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
it was just me and my 1st son for 3 years so i LOVED IT (totally spoiled)!!!! then came baby #2 tried and tried to get Javen-1st DS-- to sleep in his room... was the worste time ever.. so ii always put DS#2 straight in his crib.. he is fine he LOVES his own room and bed, STILL to this day my 6 year old has troubles staying in his own bed, granit he is much better, but i will NEVER do that agian =)
January 24th, 2012, 08:26 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also prefer my space. I'm not against it, but its just not for me. Sometimes DD comes into our bed at night and if I'm too tired I'll let her stay and fall back asleep and then carry her back into her own bed, but that is the extent of our "co-sleeping" haha. Not to mention she sleeps like a wild animal and usually has me pushed all the way to the edge of the bed!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

January 24th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I will probably keep the baby in bed with us or in the bassinet right next to the bed, but only while breastfeeding/being up every 2 hours. Once the little one is sleeping good chunks of a time on their own, he/she will be in his/her crib in his/her room.

My DH let his daughter sleep in bed with him and his ex until she was 4 and after they split up and we were living together (she was around 5) it was HELL getting her to sleep in her own room. She would lay on the floor outside our room SCREAMING. My poor DH spent weeks getting up, putting her back in her room, she'd come out screaming again, getting up, putting her back in her room. Over and over and over. I will not go through that again.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
January 24th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Super Mommy

And for a nice real life picture, this is my son, little less than a year ago, and that's my husband underneath him.

Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search