I had my fourth ultrasound today!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2012, 07:30 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had an ultrasound at about 4 weeks, because I was bleeding and cramping. No baby found.

I had another ultrasound a week later, because of heavy bleeding, my my numbers were still doubling. Still no baby Was told it was probably a blighted ovum.

I had yet another at 6w2d and saw the heartbeat! However, also a SCH, which was probably what was causing all the bleeding.

I went for my fourth today and was measuring right on track at 8w 2d!! I am so happy. The little heart was ticking away like crazy Sooo cute! Buuuut, the SCH was still there unfortunately and hadn't shrunk at all My OB says if I'm not spotting anymore (I'm not) then I'm in no immediate danger and to just take it easy and hope for the best. If it doesn't shrink then it can cause problems down the line like premature rupture of the membranes, but as of right now everything looked great.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of SCH? I have googled it, but honestly there is too much information and it is frightening!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 24th, 2012, 07:36 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I am happy your 'blighted ovum' turned into a healthy baby too!! Early scans SUCK sometimes!!! Hope everything else is ok too.

January 24th, 2012, 07:37 AM
sexypepsi25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a SCH and it was completly gone by 12wks and she had no other problems.. Try to put your feet up s much as possible

January 24th, 2012, 07:40 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU! this gives me hope, there was no baby yesterday but im still getting positive tests that are getting darker (urine) and i had my levels drawn yesterday and i go back tomorrow.

I AM SOO EXCITED FOR YOU AND A HEART BEAT! WHOOOOO HOOOOO for BABY!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

January 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad your bean is doing well!
January 24th, 2012, 09:52 AM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
So glad there is a little bean in there!
January 24th, 2012, 09:54 AM
beginswithb's Avatar Veteran
Yaaaaaay! I know nothing about SCH but I'm so happy you found your bean!

January 24th, 2012, 09:57 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I am so excited for you!! What a roller coaster ride!!! I really hope every thing goes well for you!! I am sorry I dont have any information regarding SCH.
January 24th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's such great news! I don't have any info on SCH, but hope it causes you no problems.

January 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for your bean being right in its place

Ashley
Ashley
January 24th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Veteran
How fantastic - your bean's right where it should be and healthy as can be! The best news. I don't know about SCH but agree w p-posts to take it easy and keep reminding yourself that 'everything looks great' !!

Thank you Tasha Mae for my fantastic siggy!

We're due Jan 31st!!
January 24th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
With my first pregnancy, I had a bleeding hematoma, not heavily, but still (the baby's "house" was not fully weld). Doc put me to rest for 3 weeks in bed with progesterone suppositories. After 3 weeks , it was gone.
This time we have another small hematoma, it's not near the sack, but it's there and it bugs me to know things are not perfect. I got suppositories again, but no bed rest, since doc said it's "nothing".

So, the SCH can be fixed, yes! I wish you all the best !

January 25th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
With Kenny I had a SCH as well, spotting for a goodly while and unfortunately he was born 7 weeks early from PROM. But he turned six a month back so it worked out well.

I was told relaxed activity, plenty of water and pelvic rest (no nookie) until after twelve weeks. I was also told I will be prone towards having one again so when we found out about this pregnancy we started the routine. Currently taking progesterone in the morning and evening and of course no nookie

Congrats on a healthy bean!

January 25th, 2012, 05:45 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad to hear you are doing well.

I don't know what SCH is so sorry no advice

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 25th, 2012, 07:10 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I had some early spotting with my second DS and he had a small SCH right below the gestational sac. It went away by the 12 week u/s, though. I was told only pelvic rest (i.e, no sex...boo) for the first tri, but was cleared to continue running, working out, and doing all my other normal activities. Everything turned out fine! He came as scheduled on his c-section date, 3 days before his EDD, big and healthy!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 25th, 2012, 09:18 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! That's great that your last u/s went so well!! Sorry about the SCH. I don't know anything about it unfortunately.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search