Sciatica????

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Veteran
I have a pain down the side of my leg - more along the hip area. It just started this afternoon. I have been having lower back pain for about a week as well.

The pharmacist said it could be sciatica. What do you think? Have you had any experience with this type of pain?
January 25th, 2012, 03:41 AM
I think there is a good chance that it is sciatica. A few years ago I fell on my bottom in the snow and had it HORRIBLY for like a week...and started to get it again now. Mine is on my L side of my back...and I can feel where it goes straight through one butt cheek down my thigh to my knee. It's mostly when I am at work and on my feet. I haven't talked to my doctor yet though so I don't know just want to tell ya to help it feel better! I do heating pads sometimes when it is bad enough
January 25th, 2012, 06:31 AM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
I've been having that for a few weeks now, mostly when I'm on my feet for awhile, but sometimes when I first stand up. Having the back pain, too. It helps me to tilt my pelvis forward a bit when it gets really bad, but most of the time it's pretty mild.

January 25th, 2012, 09:35 AM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It could be. Have you considered going to a chiropractor? I have been and haven't had any problems with my hips or pain since seeing her, except for a few occasions in first tri when everything was getting lubed up from hormones. I plan on seeing her all throughout my pregnancy so I'm really hoping I won't have any major back problems. I still expect to have back ache once I'm reaching the end of my pregnancy since it has more to do with carrying extra weight in the front more than misalignment. I do believe it will reduce the amount of back pain I may have though.

Also, chiropractors believe that having a healthy spine with aid in labor and delivery, which I am all for.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
January 25th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had it something terrible when pregnant with DD. It would shoot down my back, down my right butt cheek and into my leg. It was so painful at times I couldn't move! I really hope you feel better soon!
January 25th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfiddleheads View Post
It could be. Have you considered going to a chiropractor? I have been and haven't had any problems with my hips or pain since seeing her, except for a few occasions in first tri when everything was getting lubed up from hormones. I plan on seeing her all throughout my pregnancy so I'm really hoping I won't have any major back problems. I still expect to have back ache once I'm reaching the end of my pregnancy since it has more to do with carrying extra weight in the front more than misalignment. I do believe it will reduce the amount of back pain I may have though.

Also, chiropractors believe that having a healthy spine with aid in labor and delivery, which I am all for.
I saw a chiropractor pretty regularly for awhile but he helped soooo much I haven't had any pain in my shoulder blades since May! I was wondering about seeing him again??
January 25th, 2012, 03:01 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizMommy View Post
I saw a chiropractor pretty regularly for awhile but he helped soooo much I haven't had any pain in my shoulder blades since May! I was wondering about seeing him again??
Maintenance is just as important and now that our bodies are changing, it's even more so. My back was just terrible before I started seeing mine that I was really worried that I would severe back pain if I ever got pregnant. Now I'm not worried at all. And I think starting now when our bellies are small is a good time rather than later. Preventing should be the goal, not leaving to the point where it needs fixing

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search