Quick update on me....and can someone calm my nerves???

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 06:02 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Well, I haven't been around too much, but trying to check in here and there. I have just been sooo sick still. I called my MW and got a prescription for Zofran called in, but I haven't picked it up yet. I've had a couple of days where I couldn't even hardly keep liquids down. I know I need to pick up the meds in case I have another day like that.

Here's where I'm concerned, even on the days I'm only throwing up once or twice, or even not at all, I still feel so sick that I can't eat much. I'm losing weight. I'm normally a very healthy eater, and I can't get down my veggies or fruits lately. My diet's been pretty bland...saltines, oatmeal, chicken noodle soup, etc. I'm weak and getting lightheaded really easily, from things like standing up. Has anyone else been through this? In my three previous pregnancies, I've never had anything like this happen. My MW said that as long as I'm staying hydrated through the first tri until this passes, baby and I will be fine. But I still worry.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 25th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Just lurking. My m/s has not been very bad, so I can't help you out. Hope someone else can though. I just wanted to say that with that awful m/s, I think you're having a girl.

Hope you'll get over this hump soon and that the Zofran helps.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
January 25th, 2012, 06:44 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I would definitely pick up the zofran! I know its really hard when your feeling so bad, just do what your MW says and stay hydrated and just keeping snacking when you can. I am sorry you are feeling so sick
January 25th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes get the zofran, it will help! And don't worry, your MW is right...your body will fuel the growing bean before it will fuel you.
January 25th, 2012, 07:01 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is not something that I have experienced, but a very good friend of mine just had her perfectly healthy baby boy in September. The first three months, she was practically bed ridden. She could not sit up without getting sick. She missed a lot of work and school. I believe she ended up losing 15 pounds by the end of the first trimester.

I am not sure what medication she was on for it, but by the end of her 12th week, it really did start to help out. She ended up doing just fine the rest of her pregnancy and gained the appropriate amount of weight. Momma and baby are both just fine =) I am sure this is an absolutely rotten for you right now, but I think there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Hope this story is a little reassuring.

Ashley
Ashley
January 25th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks everyone!!!! That is so reassuring to hear, Ashley! I have a couple of friends who went through the same thing, too. I guess you always worry more when it's you, right?

Adrienne, thanks for checking in on me! If it's a girl, it would definitely explain the difference from my previous boy pregnancies. But, I'm ok with either...just ready to find out!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 25th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I took Zofran my entire pregnancy with my son. I only gained 10 pounds, which was mostly extra fluids and the actual weight of my son who was almost 9 pounds. I was only able to keep down a few bites of yogurt at breakfast and rice at lunch the entire pregnancy. Dinner never even happened usually because I was so sick. The Zofran definitely helped me feel better, but I still had so many food aversions that I barely ate.

January 25th, 2012, 07:32 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Get the zofran...it will be your bestest friend. Just keep drinking water. I lost 20lbs in my first trimester with Xavier because of morning sickness...but it gave me leeway after to eat some more

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

January 25th, 2012, 08:18 AM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
I was sick from 9 weeks to birth with ds, I really hope this passes soon for you and your little bean will give mommy a break. I was on Zofran for my whole pregnancy it made it possible to get out of bed and not throw up all day, I still threw up once in a while, but did help a lot. If you can't get it could your dh?
January 25th, 2012, 08:30 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Get the zofran! It really does work! I took it with DD bc I was so sick and couldn't eat either. I hope you get to feeling better soon, that is just the worst...

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

January 25th, 2012, 09:30 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get the Zofran soon since it seems like it will be able to help! I really hope it helps you girly!!

January 25th, 2012, 10:12 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have been feeling lousy since last Wednesday. The last couple of days I have eaten saltines, Cheerios, fruit and little else. There is nothing I really want to eat. I haven't actually let myself get sick but I wonder if I just let it happen, if I will feel a little better. It was so bad that I didn't even want to go to my u/s yesterday.
January 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, I hope the Zofran works for you.

I didn't have it as bad as you with my first pregnancy, but I did really worry because I had no appetite. I, too, was normally a healthy fruit and veggie eater and NONE of that sounded good. My dr. told me to eat whatever I could, whether it was fruit or fried chicken or ice cream. If it sounded good, it was ok to eat it! I felt much better after about 16 weeks and tried to pack in my fruits and veggies then. My daughter was born perfectly healthy, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Try to pick up the zofran and keep taking your prenatals. Hope this passes soon for you!

January 25th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Get your meds, and try to hold down some fluid. Hope you feel better!

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
January 25th, 2012, 03:58 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you start to feel better after you get the meds.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 25th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
With my dd, I lost 27 lbs before I was 20 weeks pregnant. I was in the hospital a few times for IV etc. Nothing stayed down, food nor water. I could barely get my prenatals down. My doctor said that the baby was fine, because she was getting all of the nutrients from whatever I was able to keep down. I was the one suffering because again, the baby was getting everything. It sucks hardcore and I've been there so I feel your pain. Make sure you get the meds asap. You will notice a difference. I mean I still feel sick on zofran but I feel better.

Sorry so long lol but my point is, your baby is fine. Try to take small sips of whatever you can drink. Try small and I mean small bites of dried toast or crackers. I'm so sorry you are feeling like this and hopefully you will get some relief soon.
January 25th, 2012, 05:00 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I had my best luck with mint or menthol (like in menthol cough drops). They really helped knock down my nausea to an acceptable level. It was not nearly as severe as yours though.

I hope you start to feel better soon!
January 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks so much ladies! I am thrilled because I had a GOOD day today!!! I was still feeling sick all day, but I was able to keep food down and eat and drink a decent amount! I know that tomorrow could turn really bad again, so I'm so happy to have had at least one good day. I got the meds and will take them as needed. I can take the nausea I've had today as long as I can get and keep something other than crackers down, LOL! Thanks for easing my mind and the support!

January 25th, 2012, 06:01 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The others said it great! I had/have it bad too. With DD2 I was hospitalized for it and ended up on lines. Weight loss is normal in the 1st trimester baby steals all the nutrients from YOU not what you eat. As long as you can keep some liquids down just manage what you can. Zofran does wonders for me. If you are getting really dizzy etc. and you haven't had much to drink you should get to a doc for IV fluids, that is a sign of dehydration.
January 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto the others. I had bad m/s with my first. Lost loads of weight, ended up in the ER once for fluids. My doc was never very worried about it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search